Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

oneworld Emerald perk: NO Fast Track access <arriving> at certain airport terminals?

oneworld Emerald perk: NO Fast Track access <arriving> at certain airport terminals?

Old Jan 11, 19, 5:04 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Had our valiant visitor to the Asahi Shimbun Gallery exited via Terminal 5, a flash of the AA card would probably have worked at the UK Border (passport immigration control); and depending on the time of day some terminals are better than others, Fast Track or otherwise. T4 is bad early afternoon due to the arrival schedule of incoming aircraft. At Terminal 3 it probably would not have worked since the agents by the UK Border want to collect in the invitation slips that AA (etc) should hand out to eligible customers. This is of course dependent on not having checked luggage to retrieve at LHR, since that will go to the appropriate arriving terminal.
Old Jan 11, 19, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA *G, AA EXP
Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
Exactly! As it states in the page illustrated,

Fast Track through security at select airports

...Fast track security lanes are not available at all airports.
And this comment is just adding to the confusion - "Fasttrack through security' is not the same (at all) as 'fasttrack through immigration'

At Heathrow the normal rule is fasttrack through immigration is a business and first class privilege, not a status thing
JDiver, ijgordon and bse118 like this.
Old Jan 12, 19, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JuanTT View Post
I didn't, but it's all there at CAAR Title 16, Ch. 2, Part 4, Section 73:3b. I just never studied that bit.

Gory details: I was flying from Tel Aviv to Dallas on AA 8371 (operated by El Al) connecting to AA 81. (I set it up with this 23-hour stopover so I could do a couple of things in London.) Landed at LHR only to find that the Immigration Hall was doing its End Of The World thing, humanity transformed to herded sheep. I went to the Fast Track line and showed my EXP card with that lovely emerald oval. "We do not accept cards in this terminal, sir; invitation only." "Not even for Oneworld Emerald here at BA's homebase?" "Sorry sir."
The One World Emerald benefit provides for fast track security, not fast track immigration

From https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/emerald-privileges

Originally Posted by oneworld.com
Fast Track through security at select airports

We know your time is precious and you would rather be in one of the over 600 oneworld lounges rather than waiting in line at airport security. That is why, at select airports worldwide, our member airlines have arranged for oneworld Emerald frequent flyers to access the ‘Fast Track' or ‘Priority Lanes' at security check points. See below for details and the list of airports where this privilege is available:
The agent was quite correct to decline access

Even if it was a benefit, OW benefits apply only when travelling on a flight both marketed by and operated by a OW carrier. Arriving on El Al would not meet that criterion
JDiver likes this.
Old May 25, 19, 3:06 am

Programs: BA Silver but hotels.com Gold :)
Hi - does the LINK (in post #12) above still contain a means to find the list of "select" airport terminals?

I get a generic webpage, but no obvious routing to the drop-down tool in JDiver's post (post #12 with screenshot).

The Welcome to Fast Lane box looked promising but no click-through

Last edited by JDiver; May 25, 19 at 8:41 am Reason: screenshot didn't show so referred back to post number / deleted post with obsolete content
Old May 25, 19, 8:03 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by littlefish View Post
Hi - does the LINK above still contain a means to find the list of "select" airport terminals?

I get a generic webpage, but no obvious routing to the drop-down tool in JDiver's post (post #12 with screenshot).

The Welcome to Fast Lane box looked promising but no click-through
The oneworld website has been revised since the screen shot above.

The only reference is on the Benefits page, where the link in that post now leads to, which states:

Welcome to the fast lane.

Green means go. If you are a oneworld Emerald frequent flyer, enjoy ‘Fast Track’ or ‘Priority Lane’ access at select airports worldwide.
That relates to Fast Track at Security and Priority Lanes for check-in and boarding or where might otherwise be offered. But there’s no link to check individual airports.
Old May 25, 19, 9:20 am

Programs: BA Silver but hotels.com Gold :)
Shame. But thanks for clarifying
JDiver likes this.