Wiki Posts
Search

Change of departure time - unnotified

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2019, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, Silver
Change of departure time - unnotified

Due to fly LIR-MIA next week and have noticed that again, the flight time has changed. Only been pushed back 15 mins later but it’s still 15 mins.
we have a connection to make onto a separate ticketed BA flight, so could do with time spare (which we do have luckily), just in case.

problem is, they’ve changed the departure time twice and I haven’t been notified either time.

why are they moving the flight time and not notifying me??
is this normal?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 4:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Are you sure that AA has your contact information? If you booked through an OLTA or another carrier, they're normally responsible for notifying you of any schedule changes, cancellations, etc.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by SussexFly

why are they moving the flight time and not notifying me??
is this normal?
...too many possible reasons to list and yes.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Usually when flight times change to tighten a connection, reservations will help you out with some minor changes without charging a fee, buy ymmv.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 5:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by donotblink
Usually when flight times change to tighten a connection, reservations will help you out with some minor changes without charging a fee, buy ymmv.
OP has two separate tickets, not a connection.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are you sure that AA has your contact information? If you booked through an OLTA or another carrier, they're normally responsible for notifying you of any schedule changes, cancellations, etc.
yup they definelty have the right information.
i got the reminder to check in for my MIA-LIR flight a few days back.

curious as other airlines have notified me of even a 5 minute difference. Found it odd that AA haven’t notified me at all.
Don’t want AA to do any other changes which makes the connection tighter.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by millionmiler
...too many possible reasons to list and yes.
i totally understand why they might change the schedule, it’s the not telling me bit that i’m finding odd.

Trying to ascertain whether it’s normal not to be told or whether it’s a one off case.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SussexFly

i totally understand why they might change the schedule, it’s the not telling me bit that i’m finding odd.

Trying to ascertain whether it’s normal not to be told or whether it’s a one off case.
AA's email communications are weird. Sometimes I get upgrade notifications, sometimes I dont. Sometimes I get a check in reminder AFTER I've landed.
JDiver and SussexFly like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.