Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA comp interim status + challenge offer / targeted promo 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: I have received an interim status offer + challenge and am
taking advantage of this offer and will take up the challenge too
60.00%
using my interim status but won’t attempt a challenge
20.00%
ignoring this offer - it’s just not for me
15.00%
Other: please post below
5.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Status Challenge promotional (targeted) offer

Courtesy of eyi: Sign into your account and look under promotions to see if you're targeted.

Must sign up prior to travel. Ends 15 May 2019.

Courtesy of Pedro M:

“You've been selected to receive free American Airlines AAdvantage® Gold status through May 15, 2019, where you'll experience all the benefits of Gold status. Plus, elevate your experience with ten 500-mile upgrades just for registering — no strings attached.

Want to keep Gold status or earn an even higher status through January 2020?
Earn the following Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) and Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) between the date you register and May 15, 2019.

Elite status level - EQMs needed - EQDs needed

Gold 25,000 7,000 $3,000 $850

Platinum 50,000 12,500 $6,000 $1,500

Platinum Pro 75,000 20,500 $9,000 $2,400

Executive Platinum 100,000 35,000 $15,000 $5,000”

There is now second targeted promotional.
Based on reports here, it requires travel by 25 Sep 2019, and provides status through Jan 2021.
Print Wikipost

AA comp interim status + challenge offer / targeted promo 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2019, 3:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Yes you're get it for 90 days but will need to fly 50K miles and spend $6K (exclusive of taxes) during that time to retain it. You will have 20 stickers but other than off peak times you won't have a chance to use them. This doesn't cost AA much, maybe they pick up some FFs this way.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
My wife got the 20 upgrades offer. She won't meet the criteria to extend status, but I'm wondering if it still makes sense to accept the offer and bank the 20 upgrades in case she does become an AA elite again in the future? Or will accepting this promotion prevent her from being able to accept future status matches/challenges?

Or if she flies as my companion, can she get a companion upgrade using my EXP status but still have the 500 milers pulled from her own account?

Seems like there's going to be a lot more competition for MCE seats now. That part sucks.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 4:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Yes you're get it for 90 days but will need to fly 50K miles and spend $6K (exclusive of taxes) during that time to retain it. You will have 20 stickers but other than off peak times you won't have a chance to use them. This doesn't cost AA much, maybe they pick up some FFs this way.
It's not 50K or $6,000 to retain Platinum.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
I received the offer for Platinum plus 20 stickers, and I accepted. The requirements to extend are achievable, but the window is too short. I’ve already purchased most of my travel through the fall.

Still, I’m on the fence and might go for it. I’ve flown AA on and off so I know what I’m getting into and don’t mind another fling. With status on UA and DL I have options in case AA doesn’t work out.

Not it sure why I was targeted. No status on AA currently. I’m probably mid pack on cent/mile with a mix of fares. Either way, I appreciate the offer.

Last edited by anc-ord772; Jun 6, 2019 at 9:37 pm
Old Jun 6, 2019, 9:19 pm
Suspended

It's ~20 days longer than the standard AA/DL/UA challenge.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by joe_miami
It's ~20 days longer than the standard AA/DL/UA challenge.
Poor choice of words. While ill-timed for me, it is a generous window.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by pointsifu
Just booked a ticket on BA.com from SFO to BCN in premium economy in Sept for under $900. The outbound flight (SFO-JFK-BCN) is operated by AA, and return flight (BCN-LHR-SFO) is operated by BA. All flights show BA flight numbers.
Will the EQM and EQD earned form this ticket count towards the challenge? It should be enough to meet the Platinum challenge.
I received Plat Pro offer, so I called AAdvantage customer service a few days ago to inquire about partner flights and they said BA ticketed flights are eligible. I have a BA ticketed flight on BA metal and it should count towards the challenge. My understanding is that based on the fare class I booked (I), I would earn 2 EQM and 0.25 EQD per mile flown.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: AA PPro, TP Gold, UA Silver, Bonvoy/Hilton Gold, Global Entry
Can anyone confirm whether their trial status was recognized with other OW carriers?
Old Jun 8, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JMBResona
Can anyone confirm whether their trial status was recognized with other OW carriers?
Not speaking from personal experience, but of course it would. The OW partners would have no idea/concern on how AA granted status to their FF's. As far as they are concerned, they will just see that pax X has Y status from AA.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
My teenage daughter got the Platinum Pro offer. We have zero travel planned for her on AA (or partners) before the status expiration on Sep 25th. I can't see any benefit in signing her up for the offer. I am wondering if by NOT signing up, there's a better chance she'll receive the offer again down the road where we may have some AA travel planned. Thoughts?
Old Jun 8, 2019, 4:51 pm
Suspended

I haven't seen many, if any, reports of people receiving this multiple times within the span of a few years, but I wouldn't sign up if she's not going to use it. Using it almost has to reduce the odds of receiving another one.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by PokerWhammy
I received Plat Pro offer, so I called AAdvantage customer service a few days ago to inquire about partner flights and they said BA ticketed flights are eligible. I have a BA ticketed flight on BA metal and it should count towards the challenge. My understanding is that based on the fare class I booked (I), I would earn 2 EQM and 0.25 EQD per mile flown.
Thanks for sharing! That's great to hear!
Old Jun 8, 2019, 8:38 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by JMBResona
According to American Airlines in their Terms and Conditions:

An eligible flight is any flight marketed by American Airlines and operated by American Airlines or American Eagle® regional carriers. Flights marketed and/or operated by American Airlines’ other partners and/or codeshare partners are not eligible flights.

So beware if you are booking on oneworld partners. Those likely do not count for the Targeted Challenge Offer.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 9:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by laptoptravel
According to American Airlines in their Terms and Conditions:

An eligible flight is any flight marketed by American Airlines and operated by American Airlines or American Eagle® regional carriers. Flights marketed and/or operated by American Airlines’ other partners and/or codeshare partners are not eligible flights.

So beware if you are booking on oneworld partners. Those likely do not count for the Targeted Challenge Offer.
It appears that's for the points/miles part of the deal. The challenge terms are different.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 10:31 pm

I have the e-mail offer that I have to register by June 25 and also the Hyatt Globalist offer to register by September 30. Does that mean I potentially get six months of status?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.