Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA Premium Economy / PE / PEY on widebody a/c in progress

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2018 AA Premium Economy / PE / PEY on widebody a/c in progress

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2018, 9:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP
PE from FCO - ORD 9/12/19 * 788

I'm trying to purchase PDX-DFW-MAD (AA 36/777) -FLR and then FCO-ORD (AA 111/788) . I can purchase PE on the outbound, but AA isn't selling it for the FCO-ORD leg.
After reading this thread and the entire Wiki, it seems this is still being rolled out on the 788s.

Any thoughts/speculation as to when this might be available for purchase ?

Thanks.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by Centavo
I'm trying to purchase PDX-DFW-MAD (AA 36/777) -FLR and then FCO-ORD (AA 111/788) . I can purchase PE on the outbound, but AA isn't selling it for the FCO-ORD leg.
After reading this thread and the entire Wiki, it seems this is still being rolled out on the 788s.

Any thoughts/speculation as to when this might be available for purchase ?

Thanks.
it will be rolled out next summer. Until it’s 100% rolled PE will be sold as MCE
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by gateH15

it will be rolled out next summer. Until it’s 100% rolled PE will be sold as MCE
Thanks. I see IB has now changed departure for MAD- FLR + 7 hrs, making the entire outbound a no go.
Now looking R/T FCO and interestingly, can purchase PE. ( same #111 - thru ORD where PE was previously unavailable if bundled with the aforementioned outbound)

OT: Checking on AA, it is amazing to me AA is selling flights with 1:45 hr connections in CDG; 1:10 in FRA - both which would require passing thru immigration (only customs check in FLR) and since there's no interline agreement on AA to transfer bags to an AF/LH flight.--rechecking ($$) etc. May meet MCTs, but what a nightmare!
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:54 pm

and since there's no interline agreement on AA to transfer bags to an AF/LH flight.--rechecking ($$) etc. May meet MCTs, but what a nightmare!
Of course there's an interline baggage agreement. Why do you think there's not? (Having said that, I never see any itineraries with these other carriers for sale. How are you finding the,?)
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by jordyn
Of course there's an interline baggage agreement. Why do you think there's not? (Having said that, I never see any itineraries with these other carriers for sale. How are you finding the,?)
They're on AA's site. Maybe b/c FLR is a small airport...
Perhaps I was wrong, but I always thought an interline baggage agreement didn't exist between alliances, despite it all being on one PNR. eg: moving from an AA/OW flt on to an AF/ST or LH/SA.
I've even experienced this within alliances: flying BA ( in J) into JFK and then on an AA flight (in F) : BA wouldn't transfer it- had to recheck (and no- the bag still didn't make it but was headed home so not a big deal...)
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:11 pm

see: https://saleslink.aa.com/en-US/docum...te_Tickets.pdf

2. What if I have separate tickets in the same PNR for itineraries with American to a nononeworld carrier? Our policy on American to non-oneworld airline tickets has not changed. We will not through-check customers or bags even if the tickets are in the same PNR. The customer will need to collect their baggage at the final destination on the American 001 ticket. The customer is responsible for the baggage fees associated on the second ticket when the baggage is re-checked with the non-oneworld airline. This may involve exiting the secure area to claim and re-check the baggage. International flights may require clearing customs and rechecking on the other airline to the final destination.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 3:29 pm

see: https://saleslink.aa.com/en-US/docum...te_Tickets.pdf

2. What if I have separate tickets in the same PNR for itineraries with American to a nononeworld carrier? Our policy on American to non-oneworld airline tickets has not changed. We will not through-check customers or bags even if the tickets are in the same PNR. The customer will need to collect their baggage at the final destination on the American 001 ticket. The customer is responsible for the baggage fees associated on the second ticket when the baggage is re-checked with the non-oneworld airline. This may involve exiting the secure area to claim and re-check the baggage. International flights may require clearing customs and rechecking on the other airline to the final destination.
That's about separate tickets. If it's all on one ticket, AA has baggage agreements with basically every major airline. I cant find the definitive list for AA right now, but here's some random example of non-oneworld airlines that say they have interline baggage agreements with AA:

Interline Baggage - EVA Air | America
https://www.capeair.com/flying_with_us/connections.html
https://www.westjet.com/en-us/about-us/airline-partners
https://www.copaair.com/en/web/ca/interline-agreements
https://www.aeroflot.ru/us-en/about/interline
Xiamen Airlines and American Airlines signed SPA Interline Agreement - AirlinePros
Old Dec 4, 2018, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by jordyn
That's about separate tickets. If it's all on one ticket, AA has baggage agreements with basically every major airline. I cant find the definitive list for AA right now, but here's some random example of non-oneworld airlines that say they have interline baggage agreements with AA:

Interline Baggage - EVA Air America
https://www.capeair.com/flying_with_us/connections.html
https://www.westjet.com/en-us/about-us/airline-partners
https://www.copaair.com/en/web/ca/interline-agreements
https://www.aeroflot.ru/us-en/about/interline
Xiamen Airlines and American Airlines signed SPA Interline Agreement - AirlinePros
Thanks. I understand there can be seperate tickets under one PNR ( up to 12, I think). I currently have a flight booked (in PE!) in May thru BA: (PDX-DFW-CDG/MRS-LHR-SEA-PDX) I checked and saw different ticket numbers for the LHR-SEA-PDX segs (and SEA-PDX is on AS) . I am not disputing what you're saying, but it's certainly complex.

MODERATOR: Appears we're off topic here - should this discussion be moved? ....
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:07 pm

AA Premium Economy / PE / PEY on 787-8 progress and seat info

Thanks. I understand there can be seperate tickets under one PNR ( up to 12, I think). I currently have a flight booked (in PE!) in May thru BA: (PDX-DFW-CDG/MRS-LHR-SEA-PDX) I checked and saw different ticket numbers for the LHR-SEA-PDX segs (and SEA-PDX is on AS) . I am not disputing what you're saying, but it's certainly complex.
Yes, it is possible to have more than one ticket on one PNR, in which case AA won't through-check in most cases (unless it's between two AA tickets, one an award and one a revenue ticket). But most of the time when there's interline baggage arrangements there's interline ticketing arrangements as well, so I'd expect the usual case would be for everything to be on one PNR and one ticket.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:47 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The final two Boeing 777-200 left to be retrofit (aircraft registrations N759AN and N795AN) entered the shop at the end of November. With these out of service, all 777-200s operating going forward will have the following configuration:

37 Business (1-2-1 arrangement)
24 Premium Economy (2-4-2)
66 Main Cabin Extra (3-4-3)
146 Economy (3-4-3)

link to American Airlines Retrofits Its 100th Widebody Aircraft With Premium Economy, TPG, 5 Dec 2018
The 772s will all be refitted when N759AN and N795AN emerge from the shop later this month.

One 787-8 has Ben retrofitted with PE; AA states the 788 refit will be accomplished during the first half of 2019.

Of the AA widebody fleet, only the 767-300ERs and A330-300 will not be refitted with Premium Economy seats.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
The 772s will all be refitted when N759AN and N795AN emerge from the shop later this month.

One 787-8 has Ben retrofitted with PE; AA states the 788 refit will be accomplished during the first half of 2019.

Of the AA widebody fleet, only the 767-300ERs and A330-300 will not be refitted with Premium Economy seats.
Does anyone know AA plan if they have to sub a flight with the 767 or A333 and people have purchased PE?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Does anyone know AA plan if they have to sub a flight with the 767 or A333 and people have purchased PE?
you get downgraded to economy or you can be rebooked for free
Old Dec 7, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Premium economy is being sold MIA-DFW--HNL, with both legs on a 772 but only DFW-HNL restricting seat assignment on a regular economy ticket (next October).

Wonder when all the domestic 772 routes will be sold that way.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:20 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by JDiver
And N759AN just went up to PAE from TUL yesterday for the refit. N795AN went up a week ago (how did we miss that?!).

772s will be done for good in the next 7-10 days
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by golfingboy
N795AN went up a week ago (how did we miss that?!).
Because I was on vacation and didn't care about posting it on FT...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.