Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2015-17 AA Premium Economy / PE / PEY on widebody a/c announced

ARCHIVE: 2015-17 AA Premium Economy / PE / PEY on widebody a/c announced

Old Sep 18, 2017, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
I have flown PY in CX and JL. How is AA's PY compare with other OneWorld carriers?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 6:57 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
I have flown PY in CX and JL. How is AA's PY compare with other OneWorld carriers?
It doesn't, really.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM; Hyatt Explorist; MR Gold; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JonNYC
It doesn't, really.
Any insight on when PE award seats will be released for redemption opportunities or likely required number of miles for sAAver PE to popular long haul destinations? Thanks.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Enterprise PLT, Marriott Gold
Flying DFW-LAX on this in November for positioning to LAX for my LAX-OGG flight next day and sitting on PEY. How is the service and everything on domestic like this? Essentially in regards to the food, amenity kit, pillows/blanket, headphones etc.

Sorry if it's been mentioned before in here already.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:32 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SpinOn2
Flying DFW-LAX on this in November for positioning to LAX for my LAX-OGG flight next day and sitting on PEY. How is the service and everything on domestic like this? Essentially in regards to the food, amenity kit, pillows/blanket, headphones etc.

PE is only offered on select Int'l routes. On DFW to LAX your only benefit from flying in the "PE" section would be a wider seat with more pitch vs. the MCE and regular coach seats. Coach service otherwise..
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by SpinOn2

Possible but unlikely the DFW-LAX has a PE section. You're probably in a standard coach seat. If it does have a PE section, then the seat will be same as domestic F and service will be same as coach.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: AA
The first A332 with PE was ferried to CLT last Thursday and has remained there ever since.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N279AY
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
PE is only offered on select Int'l routes. On DFW to LAX your only benefit from flying in the "PE" section would be a wider seat with more pitch vs. the MCE and regular coach seats. Coach service otherwise..

Yeah I figured as much. I didn't pay for it, just was able to choose seats in PE for it with my status. I wonder if I can talk the FA into letting me use a pair of the headphones if they don't pass them out for PE domestically. Probably not, but heck I am going to try anyhow. My wonderful Bose QC 30's got sent thru the wash and I don't really feel like shelling out $300 to get a new pair before November. First world problems huh...
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by oysterhead43
Possible but unlikely the DFW-LAX has a PE section. You're probably in a standard coach seat. If it does have a PE section, then the seat will be same as domestic F and service will be same as coach.

It's in November, flt 2489 DFW-LAX, currently showing a 789 and allowed me to pick seats 9A 9C which is listed as MCE but in the setup of PE. They've been running a 789 from DFW-LAX and vice versa for positioning either to or from asia and also some CDG and MAD from DFW I believe. Now just hope they don't swap the a/c or something at some point.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Looks like AA is making the CK / EXP benefit of free upgrades to PE at T24 official:

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....economy-check/

And doing LFBU for non-elites.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Today I've checked AA 275 MIA - LAX in Januari. All seats in PE are blocked....
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:33 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by bridge29
The first A332 with PE was ferried to CLT last Thursday and has remained there ever since.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N279AY
Not anymore...flew to DUB last night, then will also be operating the CDG and FRA flights this week.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:03 am

Dang I booked a SFO-PHL-DUB trip that was showing the new A332, but then the SFO-PHL portions changed to an old A321. Ugh.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: ex-ExPlat, AA Lifetime Platinum
Referring back to posts 171 and 172. Has there been any definitive information on how the upgrade priority will work using SWU's vs. using miles and co-pay?
Will moving from PEY to J have a higher priority than from Y to J?
What role will status have?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by geezersrule
Referring back to posts 171 and 172. Has there been any definitive information on how the upgrade priority will work using SWU's vs. using miles and co-pay?
Will moving from PEY to J have a higher priority than from Y to J?
What role will status have?
No further, substantiated information has been given on that from AA yet, no.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.