FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: 2015-19 AA Guide: MIA / Miami International Airport, MCT / Connection, etc. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1949809-archive-2015-19-aa-guide-mia-miami-international-airport-mct-connection-etc.html)

RDflyer Jan 7, 2015 7:04 pm

ARCHIVE: 2015-19 AA Guide: MIA / Miami International Airport, MCT / Connection, etc.

I'm planning to book a roundtrip itinerary from Dominican Rep. to LHR with a stop in MIA but the DR-MIA flight is operated by AA and the MIA-LHR segment by BA. If I book everything in one ticket using aa.com, Will I get 2 PNRs? And will the connection process be like any other ITI connection at MIA using only AA?

Frequentflyer99 Jan 8, 2015 2:06 am

Originally Posted by RDflyer (Post 24122152)
I'm planning to book a roundtrip itinerary from Dominican Rep. to LHR with a stop in MIA but the DR-MIA flight is operated by AA and the MIA-LHR segment by BA. If I book everything in one ticket using aa.com, Will I get 2 PNRs? And will the connection process be like any other ITI connection at MIA using only AA?

You will get a single PNR and it will make no difference to the availability of ITI whether your onward connection is on AA or BA. However, be aware that ITI is not available from / to all overseas airports and you will need to ascertain whether Dominican Republic is an available ITI origin.

RDflyer Jan 10, 2015 8:30 am

Yes, DR is an available ITI origin. If the baggage is tagged to my final destination (I know that process), the recheck MUST be at the AA flight connection regardless you are connecting to a flight operated my an OW partner? I'm asking because I wrote a message to AA via facebook and the answer was:

"...pass through passport control and customs then hand your bags over to the carrier. Since you connect on British airways, you'll need to hand it back over to them."

kimmielou01 Jan 19, 2015 8:29 am

Question re: flying from SXM

Hi! I am going to be flying from St. Maarten on AA, connecting through Miami and arriving Detroit. Will they check my luggage all the way through or will it have to be retrieved in Miami customs? Thanks!

erik123 Jan 19, 2015 8:58 am

You have to clear custom in MIA.

Often1 Jan 19, 2015 9:11 am

Yes, your bags will be checked and tagged through to DTW, but you will simply collect them, carry them through Customs at MIA, and drop them with AA. You will not need to check them again.

LucWise Jan 19, 2015 11:43 am

Just got back from SXM a couple days ago! Enjoy the trip! And the other posters are correct, you'll need to collect your bags in MIA and drop them off past customs.

daiseiko Feb 12, 2015 6:08 am

Arriving international AA with business class from Santo Domingo at 8:33am into MIA connecting AA to Belize in 1hr 40 mins on Sunday in May, is this enough time?
I am an ESTA holder, Non US citizen.

SDQBound Feb 24, 2015 2:41 am

Originally Posted by daiseiko (Post 24337606)
Arriving international AA with business class from Santo Domingo at 8:33am into MIA connecting AA to Belize in 1hr 40 mins on Sunday in May, is this enough time?
I am an ESTA holder, Non US citizen.

Tight, but doable.

CMK10 Feb 24, 2015 7:44 am

Originally Posted by B7e7US (Post 24405235)
Tight, but doable.

Oh myyyyyy :cool:

SDQBound Feb 24, 2015 9:29 am

Originally Posted by CMK10 (Post 24406141)
Oh myyyyyy :cool:

:D:D:D

tuchop Feb 26, 2015 9:47 pm

Arriving at 7.25am with Aerolineas Argentinas, departing at 9.20 with American Airlines. Do you think I can make it on time? Both in Business/First.

SDQBound Feb 27, 2015 3:17 am

Originally Posted by tuchop (Post 24422848)
Arriving at 7.25am with Aerolineas Argentinas, departing at 9.20 with American Airlines. Do you think I can make it on time? Both in Business/First.

1:55 International Connection from South to North is definitely too short. If you are not checking luggage, you can definitely make it. If you are, make sure they tag it all the way to your final destination. You will still need to claim it and take it to the connecting flights desk, but you don't have to waste another 10-20 minutes at the AA counter re-checking your luggage.

ricktoronto Feb 27, 2015 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by B7e7US (Post 24405235)
Tight, but doable.

Translation: Not doable.

stupidzbu Mar 2, 2015 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by B7e7US (Post 24423584)
1:55 International Connection from South to North is definitely too short. If you are not checking luggage, you can definitely make it. If you are, make sure they tag it all the way to your final destination. You will still need to claim it and take it to the connecting flights desk, but you don't have to waste another 10-20 minutes at the AA counter re-checking your luggage.

I have a LAN flight that lands at MIA at 5:10 am

I am hunting for a cheap ticket to SFO and found one at 7:20 am with US.

Will be checking bags and traveling with a 6 month old. I'm assuming the wife would kill me if I did this, correct?