Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Summer 2019 schedule changes as of 4 Jan 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:40 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

If you’re traveling this summer, it’s time to double check your existing bookings. New destinations, cancellations of others and a number of aircraft changes (e.g. some MAX 8s replacing 757s to S. America, PHL-PRG A330) are part of the mix. (Some Of these have been announced previously, others not.)

See the entire list of changes announced 7 Jan at RoutesOnline (link).

New routes (As always, “Subject to Government Approval”)

CLT: MUC
DFW: DUB, MUC
MIA: COR, VVI
ORD: ATH
PHL: BLQ, DBV, EDI, TXL,
PHX: LHR (!)

Cancelled:

JFK: DUB, EDI
ORD: MAN
PHL: FRA, GLA, MUC
Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: CK or bust
This just fascinates me:

Los Angeles – Tokyo Haneda eff 06JUN19 777-300ER replaces 787-9, 1 daily

Kuddos to AA if they can sustain the 77W on that route.
JDiver likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

The pain is listed there too. Replacing a 757-200 with Rockwell Collins Parallel Diamond lie flat sleepers with the MiQ kay ee wye J MAX 8 is gonna hurt.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:25 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Former EXP/Current PLT / Total Rewards - Diamond / Hilton HHonors - Gold
I'm not sure if this is still the case, but I was able to snag some U inventory on the CLT-MUC flight for my family this summer (And MUC-DFW on a re-arranged 788 for the return). When they loaded these flights, I guess they forgot they don't give Saver business class awards to Europe in summer anymore. ;-)

The fares for paid J were also fairly cheap at $2500 R/T, so I snagged one of those for myself.

It had wide open availability for July when I checked on Dec. 19th. Worth looking at if you're looking for a European gateway city to start a trip this summer.

JDiver: Can you explain what the implications actually are of "Subject to Government Approval?" I assume I should feel secure about these flights happening, but I was a little nervous to book.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Platinum, others
The slow strangulation of JFK continues.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by josmul123
I'm not sure if this is still the case, but I was able to snag some U inventory on the CLT-MUC flight for my family this summer (And MUC-DFW on a re-arranged 788 for the return). When they loaded these flights, I guess they forgot they don't give Saver business class awards to Europe in summer anymore. ;-)

The fares for paid J were also fairly cheap at $2500 R/T, so I snagged one of those for myself.

It had wide open availability for July when I checked on Dec. 19th. Worth looking at if you're looking for a European gateway city to start a trip this summer.

JDiver: Can you explain what the implications actually are of "Subject to Government Approval?" I assume I should feel secure about these flights happening, but I was a little nervous to book.
All international flights are subject to government approval, and most of these have likely been approved, such as it is. But the airline will use that caveat just in case - and iirc it has usually been China where there have been recent issues.

Others may be more informed about any specific flights that may be stalled in securing the approval, but as I say it’s just boilerplate legalese just in case.
josmul123 likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JDiver
PHX: LHR (!)
So that they can offer LAX-PHX-LHR as married segments to appease people who cannot get LAX-LHR nonstop because of married segments?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.