Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Celebrity Sightings and Related for 2019 (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
American Airlines Celebrity Sightings (and Related) for 2019
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

Feel free to report your celebrity sightings on American Airlines / Eagle, the Admirals Club / Flagship Lounge, or the AA airport concourse areas here. (Please moderate your comments - offensive or other comments that do not fit the FlyerTalk TOS will be deleted.)

The archived 2000 - 2012 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.
The archived 2013 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.
The archived 2014 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.
The archived 2015 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.
The archived 2016 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.
The archived 2017 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.
The archived 2018 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.

The archived legacy US Airways Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.

/American AAdvantage Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

AA Celebrity Sightings and Related for 2019 (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2019, 12:04 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyForFun
Former Secretary of the Interior, Ryan Zinke, was flying from Monterey Regional Airport to Phoenix on June 3. Ticketed in coach but his companions told the FA who he was and asked if he could move up. Drank red wine and chatted with the FA about Melania, Ivanka, and Donald Jr. No discussion about his flying history when he was Secretary. Wish I had not changed from my “Save the Whales” tee shirt that I wore whale watching all weekend.
This is ridiculous. So he got a free upgrade for no reason. If he wanted to sit in First, he should have paid for it.
uxb and TWA884 like this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
This is ridiculous. So he got a free upgrade for no reason. If he wanted to sit in First, he should have paid for it.
Why are you faulting him? Sounds as though he did nothing to seek this upgrade.
Dallas49er likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum 5 million miles
Just to clarify about Zinke’s upgrade - there were three empty seats in first on the regional jet. My upgrade on an award ticket cleared at 100 hours. The upgrade list showed that no passenger had requested an upgrade. Coach was about 2/3 full. His companions had either paid for first or had been upgraded at least four hours before departure.
seigex likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: Aegean (Gold) American (EP)
Wallace Shawn (AKA Meemaw’s boyfriend Dr John Sturgis on The Young Sheldon) FFD at JFK.

he was with a woman who wasn’t Meemaw
Old Jun 10, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by coxm
Wallace Shawn (AKA Meemaw’s boyfriend Dr John Sturgis on The Young Sheldon) FFD at JFK.

I didn't know he was still alive. His father was editor-in-chief of the New Yorker way back in the day. Loved Wallace Shawn's part 40 years ago in "My Dinner with Andre" by Louis Malle.
coxm and Pasqualle7 like this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA Exe Platinum, AA & Delta Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, United Silver
Sat across the aisle in first next to HOF quarterback Dan Marino on a flight from MIA to CHS. Extremely nice guy, we chatted about Pitt football and Charleston a bit. We also ordered the same drinks from the attendant and had a few, evidenced in my picture below. I usually don't bother celebrities, but it was late at CHS and not too many people were around, and I fanboy'd out.

Sat next to Brett Gelman in 1st from CHS to CLT. Nice guy, we chatted a bit about Charleston, as he is filming a series there now. He's probably most known for playing the conspiracy theorist on Stranger Things and in Eagleheart.
JDiver, coxm, onanisland and 7 others like this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 4:07 pm

Inconceivable!
coxm, OskiBear, Pasqualle7 and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 5:26 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Mario Lopez at the Flagship lounge in LAX on May 23rd. Sat quietly playing with his phone and no one appeared to bother him.
JDiver and aztimm like this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:29 pm

Cicely Tyson Sighting

On 05 June, #185 JFK-LAX - she was in a wheelchair, dark glasses but it was definitely her. She had a phalanx of four AA employees around her with garment bag, various cases, etc.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by jmiyazawa
On 05 June, #185 JFK-LAX - she was in a wheelchair, dark glasses but it was definitely her. She had a phalanx of four AA employees around her with garment bag, various cases, etc.
Royalty deserves nothing less.
JDiver and dp4m like this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Originally Posted by fastflyer
I didn't know he was still alive. His father was editor-in-chief of the New Yorker way back in the day. Loved Wallace Shawn's part 40 years ago in "My Dinner with Andre" by Louis Malle.
He played Bojack Horseman in "Mr. Peanutbutter's Hollywoo Heist" in 2014. That was his best work in my opinion, but I know he was just doing it because he can't stop buying Rothkos.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by lrbenko
Sat across the aisle in first next to HOF quarterback Dan Marino on a flight from MIA to CHS. Extremely nice guy, we chatted about Pitt football and Charleston a bit. We also ordered the same drinks from the attendant and had a few, evidenced in my picture below. I usually don't bother celebrities, but it was late at CHS and not too many people were around, and I fanboy'd out.

Sat next to Brett Gelman in 1st from CHS to CLT. Nice guy, we chatted a bit about Charleston, as he is filming a series there now. He's probably most known for playing the conspiracy theorist on Stranger Things and in Eagleheart.
Thanks for posting this. 95% of the "celebrities" in this thread I have never heard of. Nice to see a post with a name I know, and a great picture to boot!!
Old Jun 17, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Sat in front of Harry Styles in J on the 330-200 LAX-PHL Saturday and Ted Danson on the return last night in J. Flight last night was delayed almost 4 hours - he remained cool and calm and seemed pretty approachable.
JDiver likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 10:10 am

Eric Holder

Originally Posted by Tbooth3

Maybe the governor? Last year he was on my flight into Boston, sat in second row of economy. When we pulled up to the gate there were several state police on the tarmac.
Yes, probably was the governor.
Eric Holder was there in the B Terminal Club yesterday. He's much taller than I thought, maybe around 6'3".
Old Jun 22, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond

Originally Posted by Yaddablahblah

Inconceivable!
I guess that’s how you know you’re getting old - by the characters actors are known for.
coxm likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.