Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Celebrity Sightings and Related for 2019 (consolidated)

Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
American Airlines Celebrity Sightings (and Related) for 2019
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

Feel free to report your celebrity sightings on American Airlines / Eagle, the Admirals Club / Flagship Lounge, or the AA airport concourse areas here. (Please moderate your comments - offensive or other comments that do not fit the FlyerTalk TOS will be deleted.)

The archived 2000 - 2012 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.
The archived 2013 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.
The archived 2014 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.
The archived 2015 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.
The archived 2016 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.
The archived 2017 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.
The archived 2018 Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.

The archived legacy US Airways Celebrity Sightings thread can be read here.

/American AAdvantage Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

AA Celebrity Sightings and Related for 2019 (consolidated)

Old Jun 22, 2019, 3:02 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by HofstraJet
I guess that’s how you know you’re getting old - by the characters actors are known for.
I go right to Vegas Vacation for him. Care to guess my age?
apeortdz likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Last Friday, 6/14/2019, Tracee Ellis Ross was in F. I’ve also run into her mom (Miss Diana Ross) twice - once in F (LHR-LAX) and another time in the old Flagship Lounge at LAX.
WanderingGent likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by OskiBear
I’ve also run into her mom (Miss Diana Ross) twice - once in F (LHR-LAX) and another time in the old Flagship Lounge at LAX.
Just curious, Did Diana Ross seem friendly/approachable?
Old Jun 23, 2019, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Not really. Large dark sunglasses and have the impression of being very frail. Wheelchair boarding at LHR. But, she still dances and puts on a good live show from I saw recently
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Originally Posted by OskiBear

Not really. Large dark sunglasses and have the impression of being very frail. Wheelchair boarding at LHR. But, she still dances and puts on a good live show from I saw recently
She is a Diva after all
OskiBear likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 11:02 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
On Friday, my brother and niece flew on an LAX-SFO flight with Craig Robinson (actor from, "The Office," "Hot Tub Time Machine," and I'm sure others). My brother took a picture of my niece and her boyfriend with him at SFO after they landed.

He was wearing a hat and sunglasses; I had a tough time figuring out who he was in the picture. But evidently they knew. They said he was really nice.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Apparently Cam Newton was on an AA flight to CDG earlier this week (assuming CLT - CDG though could also be the return CDG - CLT). Surprisingly booked in regular Y (especially for a guy of his height with a $100M contract) and apparently offered the guy with unlimited legroom $1500 to switch seats.

Shocked the guy declined -- not that long of a flight for $1500 -- would have taken on the spot unless some other mitigating factor (e.g., leg injury where the extra room was crucial)

https://nypost.com/2019/06/23/man-wi...by-cam-newton/
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by Duke787
Apparently Cam Newton was on an AA flight to CDG earlier this week (assuming CLT - CDG though could also be the return CDG - CLT). Surprisingly booked in regular Y (especially for a guy of his height with a $100M contract)
That's the more surprising bit. How did he/his PA screw up enough to end up flying commercial Y?
Old Jun 24, 2019, 5:29 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Fraser
That's the more surprising bit. How did he/his PA screw up enough to end up flying commercial Y?
Because there is no private Y?
Old Jun 24, 2019, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Because there is no private Y?
Would Jetsmarter's shared services on a Cessna Caravan or Pilatus PC-12 be considered private Y?

From reading something elsewhere it seems he missed his intended flight in business class and could only be re-routed and downgraded.
teemuflyer likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fraser

From reading something elsewhere it seems he missed his intended flight in business class and could only be re-routed and downgraded.
Yep. He could have waited a day for the next inbound to Douglas, but apparently, he wanted on the next AA flight out and it was to DFW.

$1500 cash isn't enough, even for that seat. $3K or more, I'd seriously think about it if he complimented me on Instagram too.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: Hilton, American, Club Carlson, United, Marriott, Starwood
Originally Posted by pa3lsvt
Was Mike pointing out flaws in the workmanship of the interior and the seats?

Mike always looked like an undersized hockey player to me. The son, now he looks like he's the tall one.
LOL No, he wasn't pointing out flaws in the plane. But yes, MJ was definitely the taller of the two.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 4:35 pm

Last night, AA992 EZE-LAX sat opposite singer Michael Buble, his wife, actress Luisana Lopilato (along with their three kids and a nanny). I was next to her and didn't know much except their youngest was crying and didn't realize he was behind her until he got into a bit of a snit with the purser about her attitude. Upon arrival at LAX this morning, he was in a knit cap pulled far down, sunglasses, and a long coat - because on a sunny, 75F day in LA, that's what everyone does to blend into the crowd :-)
AAway, aztimm and dciolli like this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Flew AA341 MIA-LAX September 7 (3-class 321). Al Pacino, a handsome black guy who acts in the show Empire, and a British cricketeer of note.
Chatted for about 10 minutes during a delay when the jetway operator bashed the plane three times and couldn't get it right. All very nice people.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, Flying Blue-Silver
Originally Posted by catcher1
Flew AA341 MIA-LAX September 7 (3-class 321).
A 321T flying MIA-LAX?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.