FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: HELP DESK: Will I Have Lounge Access? Which, Access, Rules (2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1949001-archive-help-desk-will-i-have-lounge-access-access-rules-2019-a.html)

bdmarc Jan 3, 2019 3:58 pm

ARCHIVE: HELP DESK: Will I Have Lounge Access? Which, Access, Rules (2019)

A follow up to my question: As it turned out, we were welcomed into only the Air Tahiti Nui contract lounge on our departure from Papeete. As posters suggested, there was no lounge access available in Miami. We never had the chance to find out in LA, as our American flight left 90 minutes late from Miami (first a delay for incoming freight, then a mechanical problem) so our leisurely two and a half hour connection turned into a tight 50 minute race from a hardstand arrival and bus to the departure gate. They were calling our names as we raced up. Kudos to the ground staff who were able to confirm that our transferred luggage made it just before departure. Return LA connection also ended up a rush so never tested it that time either. Came back on Air Tahiti Nui's brand new 789 -- very nice cabin up front!

puchong Jan 3, 2019 5:54 pm

HELP DESK: Will I Have Lounge Access? Which, Access, Rules (2019)

If an AA EXP arrives in JFK on an AY flight ticketed in Business Class and then has a same-day connecting flight on a separate AA coach ticket to a domestic destination, would he be allowed access to to the AA lounge in JFK? Regular Admiral's Club or Flagship?

rbAA Jan 3, 2019 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by puchong (Post 30606593)
If an AA EXP arrives in JFK on an AY flight ticketed in Business Class and then has a same-day connecting flight on a separate AA coach ticket to a domestic destination, would he be allowed access to to the AA lounge in JFK? Regular Admiral's Club or Flagship?

I've always been able to use the AC after the same day international flight, even the FL.

Including when I've had separate tickets.

MasterPlanner Jan 3, 2019 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by rbAA (Post 30606617)
I've always been able to use the AC after the same day international flight, even the FL.

+1

aztimm Jan 3, 2019 6:23 pm

HELP DESK: Will I Have Lounge Access? Which, Access, Rules (2019)

Lounge access thread for 2019. Please see the Wikipost for details.

jansoncheng Jan 4, 2019 3:17 am

I am flying in a J class on a trip of HKG-LAX-IAD, all marketed by CX and operated by AA
Will I have the lounge access in LAX? according to the OW rules looks like yes, but not sure if there's any AA exception applies in this case.
  • First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).
  • Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.

If the answer yes, which lounge will be available? The OW lounge in TBIT, the AA Flagship or Admiral Club?

teemuflyer Jan 4, 2019 4:04 am

Originally Posted by jansoncheng (Post 30607997)
I am flying in a J class on a trip of HKG-LAX-IAD, all marketed by CX and operated by AA
Will I have the lounge access in LAX? according to the OW rules looks like yes, but not sure if there's any AA exception applies in this case.
  • First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).
  • Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.

If the answer yes, which lounge will be available? The OW lounge in TBIT, the AA Flagship or Admiral Club?

Yes, you will have access to all the lounges you mentioned in LAX as long as your LAX-IAD flight is on the same day as your arrival from HKG or before 6:00 AM the next.

alwaysgoinghome Jan 4, 2019 3:16 pm

Yes - it should work. I have been able to do this on multiple occasions.

ryan182 Jan 8, 2019 8:54 pm

Yes, so as long as you are also on a Oneworld flight, see https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

• Emerald and Sapphire members may invite one guest to join them in the lounge. The guest must also be travelling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld carrier.

dcht Jan 10, 2019 7:24 am

Flying DCA-ATL-MIA-VVI on AA. Will I get access to the Flagship lounge in MIA?

All travel is on same day. DCA-ATL is in economy. ATL-MIA in F and MIA-VVI in J.

I believe I should, but want to double check.

JJeffrey Jan 10, 2019 7:38 am

Originally Posted by dcht (Post 30636331)
Flying DCA-ATL-MIA-VVI on AA. Will I get access to the Flagship lounge in MIA?

All travel is on same day. DCA-ATL is in economy. ATL-MIA in F and MIA-VVI in J.

I believe I should, but want to double check.

Yep, your MIA-VVI flight in J will get you access to the Admirals Clubs in both DCA and ATL and the Flagship Lounge in MIA.

windymindy Jan 10, 2019 11:22 am

Departing JFK > MAD on Iberia in J. From what I understand, I will have access to the Flagship Lounge at JFK. Is this correct?

On the return, I am flying MAD > JFK on AA in J. Connecting on a separate ticket in Y from JFK > ORD a few hours later. From what I understand, I won't have access to the Flagship Lounge upon arrival but perhaps I could visit the Admiral's Club. Could anyone kindly confirm? Thank you.

teemuflyer Jan 10, 2019 11:37 am

Originally Posted by windymindy (Post 30637353)
Departing JFK > MAD on Iberia in J. From what I understand, I will have access to the Flagship Lounge at JFK. Is this correct?

On the return, I am flying MAD > JFK on AA in J. Connecting on a separate ticket in Y from JFK > ORD a few hours later. From what I understand, I won't have access to the Flagship Lounge upon arrival but perhaps I could visit the Admiral's Club. Could anyone kindly confirm? Thank you.

You'll have access to the Flagship Lounge in both directions as long as your connecting flight to ORD is on AA. Just keep your MAD-JFK ticket for proof of eligibility. Don't forget you will also have access to the IB lounges in MAD prior to your flight as well.

windymindy Jan 10, 2019 11:39 am

Thank you so much for your helpful response. I am connecting on AA. Have a wonderful day!

floridastorm Jan 10, 2019 12:44 pm

We're flying AA domestic first class from MCO to JFK. I can't determine if we will have access to AA lounges at MCO as their website is somewhat vague. If not AA lounges are we eligible for any other lounges at that airport, possibly One World Alliance? :confused: