Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAs made us count off several times

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Uncle Nonny
Should we go to the galley and get our own food and offload our bags as well (Being PHL-based, I wouldn't be opposed to this)? I certainly don't ask my clients to do my job for me. You're on record as saying you've done it on RJs. That's even more sad if an FA needs help counting on an RJ.
The trend of making the paying customer perform tasks is a blight on society. What have we become? We PAY them to do their work for them! It's offensive. We should just be able to give them the money and they do everything for us. I thought that is how the exchange of money for goods and services worked. I have a problem with the crew bringing the garbage bags down the aisle so I can tidy up and put my trash in it...um..I remember when airlines had crews that actually cleaned the plane. I didn't pay hundreds of dollars for the privilege of picking up trash. I am not part of the process flow.

It's not just in the airline industry either. In the restaurant industry it is becoming dangerously common, and the sheeple simply go along. It started with bussing your own tables at fast food establishments. Take your tray and empty the contents into the trash..then it was pour your own soda. Now, higher end, non-fast food establishments are cutting waitstaff to save a buck because the customer has no problem ordering from a bar, taking a number, and displaying it on the table for a server to bring you the food..if you are lucky, and they don't give you a buzzer that rings when the order is up so YOU can get it yourself. Some places have tablets on the table now so patrons can input the orders directly to the kitchen.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Originally Posted by Proudelitist
The trend of making the paying customer perform tasks is a blight on society. What have we become? We PAY them to do their work for them! It's offensive. We should just be able to give them the money and they do everything for us. I thought that is how the exchange of money for goods and services worked. I have a problem with the crew bringing the garbage bags down the aisle so I can tidy up and put my trash in it...um..I remember when airlines had crews that actually cleaned the plane. I didn't pay hundreds of dollars for the privilege of picking up trash. I am not part of the process flow.

It's not just in the airline industry either. In the restaurant industry it is becoming dangerously common, and the sheeple simply go along. It started with bussing your own tables at fast food establishments. Take your tray and empty the contents into the trash..then it was pour your own soda. Now, higher end, non-fast food establishments are cutting waitstaff to save a buck because the customer has no problem ordering from a bar, taking a number, and displaying it on the table for a server to bring you the food..if you are lucky, and they don't give you a buzzer that rings when the order is up so YOU can get it yourself. Some places have tablets on the table now so patrons can input the orders directly to the kitchen.
The tip jar at Dunkin Donuts. Why!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.