FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: NEWBIE LOUNGE 2019: Ask "Newbie" AA Questions Here (flame free) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1948542-archive-newbie-lounge-2019-ask-newbie-aa-questions-here-flame-free.html)

mary_228 Nov 2, 19 4:37 pm

I am havingtrouble booking a simple one way domestic award. When the banner with the week of dates shows a low price for a given date and I select that it, all the flights listed are much, much higher. If I then select "sort by lowest price"I still cannot find the low mileage award. Am I losing my mind?

gateH15 Nov 2, 19 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by mary_228 (Post 31694686)
I am havingtrouble booking a simple one way domestic award. When the banner with the week of dates shows a low price for a given date and I select that it, all the flights listed are much, much higher. If I then select "sort by lowest price"I still cannot find the low mileage award. Am I losing my mind?

City pair and dates? Are you using aa app or aa.com?

mary_228 Nov 2, 19 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by gateH15 (Post 31694699)
City pair and dates? Are you using aa app or aa.com?

aa.com, LGA-SEA 12/21 But now the choices show 61K and it showed 25K before. I think something has gone haywire.

Please disregard. I am giving up for today.

gateH15 Nov 2, 19 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by mary_228 (Post 31694726)
aa.com, LGA-SEA 12/21 But now the choices show 61K and it showed 25K before. I think something has gone haywire.

Please disregard. I am giving up for today.

Seems like a bug. Iím seeing 25k in the price tab but when i sort by price itís showing 49.5k. Maybe cheaper inventory got booked and they still show an old price. Typical aa IT

Eurynom0s Nov 3, 19 8:35 am

The new AA/oneworld boarding pass requirement for the Admirals Club includes guests, right?

TGGDEL Nov 3, 19 6:52 pm

I tried searching for this and posted on the AS forum who said I should ask here.

I used AS Mileage Plan miles to book ORD-LHR in economy. I'm wondering what cash upgrade options AA may offer, if any.
Is it possible to get PE on a ticket like this?
Thanks

gateH15 Nov 3, 19 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by TGGDEL (Post 31698117)
I tried searching for this and posted on the AS forum who said I should ask here.

I used AS Mileage Plan miles to book ORD-LHR in economy. I'm wondering what cash upgrade options AA may offer, if any.
Is it possible to get PE on a ticket like this?
Thanks

if PE or J have open seats AA will offer cash upgrade option at check in or you can ask at the airport. Usually premium cabins have heavy loads on ORD LHR route but It wouldnít hurt to ask. Iíve seen cash upgrades offers for 500 from PE to J and 200-300 from Y to PE

TGGDEL Nov 3, 19 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by gateH15 (Post 31698124)
if PE or J have open seats AA will offer cash upgrade option at check in or you can ask at the airport. Usually premium cabins have heavy loads on ORD LHR route but It wouldnít hurt to ask. Iíve seen cash upgrades offers for 500 from PE to J and 200-300 from Y to PE

Great, thank you so much for the update. I'm on a day flight so am expecting that the demand to move up may be diminished/cheaper?

gateH15 Nov 3, 19 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by TGGDEL (Post 31698188)
Great, thank you so much for the update. I'm on a day flight so am expecting that the demand to move up may be diminished/cheaper?

It wonít be cheaper. You will just have a higher chance to even be offered to pay up. Day flight to LHR has lighter loads compare to red eye flights.

FullTimeFlyer Nov 3, 19 9:32 pm

I’ve got 2 Biz saver class reward tickets on hold for Italy in September 2020 that starts with the SAN-JFK 7:45 AM departure (AA economy). Then I’ve got the JFK-LCY A318 (cool!) and finally LCY-LIN. But being a worrier:

1. I’m not too worried about missing the T8-T7 connection in JFK, only because I figure there are so many other BA flights I could get put on.

2. But I’m pretty worried that AA will quit SAN-JFK. They’re not flying it now ("suspended"), and we know the debate about AA’s future JFK plans. I’m pondering more complex itineraries that cost extra points in case AA cancels SAN-JFK.

Without getting into a debate on AA’s future JFK plans, does anyone have any idea what would happen if AA were to kill my JFK flight between now and then? AA’s not offering any saver rewards that would get me there, and BA is offering only a few that might not be there. I don’t assume BA would open up new Biz saver rewards for an AA customer due to an AA domestic cancellation.

Anyone have any ideas what to expect if AA drops that flight? Thanks.

FTF

gateH15 Nov 3, 19 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer (Post 31698492)
Iíve got 2 Biz saver class reward tickets on hold for Italy in September 2020 that starts with the SAN-JFK 7:45 AM departure (AA economy). Then Iíve got the JFK-LCY A318 (cool!) and finally LCY-LIN. But being a worrier:

1. Iím not too worried about missing the T8-T7 connection in JFK, only because I figure there are so many other BA flights I could get put on.

2. But Iím pretty worried that AA will quit SAN-JFK. Theyíre not flying it now ("suspended"), and we know the debate about AAís future JFK plans. Iím pondering more complex itineraries that cost extra points in case AA cancels SAN-JFK.

Without getting into a debate on AAís future JFK plans, does anyone have any idea what would happen if AA were to kill my JFK flight between now and then? AAís not offering any saver rewards that would get me there, and BA is offering only a few that might not be there. I donít assume BA would open up new Biz saver rewards for an AA customer due to an AA domestic cancellation.

Anyone have any ideas what to expect if AA drops that flight? Thanks.

FTF

if AA will discontinue JFK-SAN it would be good for you. They will rebook you in SAN-LAX-LHR or on any other routing on AA metal and you can enjoy J in 777-300 from LAX all the way to LHR. and your BA fuel surcharge will be refunded. So itís not a bad thing if cancellation will happen

FullTimeFlyer Nov 4, 19 7:24 am

Well thanks, gateH15. That would indeed be nice. ;)

jamar Nov 4, 19 8:18 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey (Post 31672681)
The wording of that "letter" 100% looks like a scam. Sophisticated phishing.

Again, even if the fee was rightly due (it wasn't) I've never heard of AA trying to collect after the fact. AA agents are clueless these days, fees like this are rightly or wrongly charged on a daily basis, if this was a thing we would have heard about it by now.

Update on the matter: I called AA PLT desk, turned out it was real, but that shouldn't have happened and blamed it on a system glitch. They said they've sorted it out, and that it had also been forwarded to their IT department to make sure this doesn't happen again or to someone else.

jerseytom Nov 4, 19 4:54 pm

I'm sure there may be a thread specific to this topic, but posting here seems easy enough rather than dig it up.

So I get that for the miles+copay upgrade thing, to upgrade to business there needs to be available "C" inventory. If there's none available this instant, pretty much all ya do is set an EF alert and... sit back and wait? Any reason to or not to call AA and do a waitlist or something (if such a thing even exists)?

gateH15 Nov 4, 19 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by jerseytom (Post 31701486)
I'm sure there may be a thread specific to this topic, but posting here seems easy enough rather than dig it up.

So I get that for the miles+copay upgrade thing, to upgrade to business there needs to be available "C" inventory. If there's none available this instant, pretty much all ya do is set an EF alert and... sit back and wait? Any reason to or not to call AA and do a waitlist or something (if such a thing even exists)?

I donít really see a reason not to call and waitlist. Letís say when C space opens up you are away from your phone and by the time you call in that C space is gone.