FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: NEWBIE LOUNGE 2019: Ask "Newbie" AA Questions Here (flame free) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1948542-archive-newbie-lounge-2019-ask-newbie-aa-questions-here-flame-free.html)

EDnearJQF Oct 30, 19 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by argolfer (Post 31682500)
My AA app on my phone only shows the connecting hub as the destination. So nearly every trip is ďLIT -> DFWĒ. I have to guess which trip is which. Is there a setting somewhere for that?

I don't think this can be fixed on the app, but if you log in to the website and select your trip, you should see "Trip name: LIT/DFW Edit"

If you select the Edit link, you can enter a trip name that makes sense.

JimInOhio Oct 31, 19 9:07 am

Greetings AA flyers!

I'm typically a UA person but occasionally (very occasionally) find myself on AA. American offered me a Platinum challenge which I signed up for but won't achieve. The last day is today. If I book a flight today for a flight next week and select an MCE seat today, will AA kick me out of my seat once they see I failed the challenge?

Also, do my 500-mile upgrades vaporize at the stroke of midnight tonight?

Many thanks!

gateH15 Oct 31, 19 9:09 am

Originally Posted by JimInOhio (Post 31686023)
Greetings AA flyers!

I'm typically a UA person but occasionally (very occasionally) find myself on AA. American offered me a Platinum challenge which I signed up for but won't achieve. The last day is today. If a book a flight today for a flight next week and select an MCE seat today, will AA kick me out of my seat once they see I failed the challenge?

Also, do my 500-mile upgrades vaporize at the stroke of midnight tonight?

Many thanks!

if you are able to select MCE seat today for a future reservation it will stick unless equipment change happens. 500 mile upgrades will still be in your account but you wonít be able to use it until you gain status in the future.

aagiants Oct 31, 19 10:56 pm

Hi! Question on 500eqm min.

Does that apply to each leg of a connecting flight?

So I'm flying phl dfw mlu. The dfw leg is under 500. since it's part of a connecting, how many miles will that leg earn me?

gateH15 Oct 31, 19 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by aagiants (Post 31688649)
Hi! Question on 500eqm min.

Does that apply to each leg of a connecting flight?

So I'm flying phl dfw mlu. The dfw leg is under 500. since it's part of a connecting, how many miles will that leg earn me?

Each leg always gets you at least 500 miles

argolfer Nov 1, 19 10:27 am

Originally Posted by EDnearJQF (Post 31684514)
I don't think this can be fixed on the app, but if you log in to the website and select your trip, you should see "Trip name: LIT/DFW Edit"

If you select the Edit link, you can enter a trip name that makes sense.

Ah - perfect. That's exactly what I needed. And if I have multiple trips to the same city that makes it easy to label them manually. Thanks!

memomelaque Nov 1, 19 11:45 am

I have 9828 EQDs
80,000 EQMs
14 EQS
100,000 miles
Plat. Pro
What would I need to do to move up to Exec before the end of the year. I'm sorry, but I don't understand these things.
Thanks in Advance.

gateH15 Nov 1, 19 11:54 am

Originally Posted by memomelaque (Post 31690649)
I have 9828 EQDs
80,000 EQMs
14 EQS
100,000 miles
Plat. Pro
What would I need to do to move up to Exec before the end of the year. I'm sorry, but I don't understand these things.
Thanks in Advance.

you will need need 5172 more EQDs and 20000 more EQMs to reach EXP

Amil Nov 1, 19 5:13 pm

lax to dfw overnight then dfw to cun. what are the check in cut off times ? for the lax to dfw? would it be domestic rules or international ?

gateH15 Nov 1, 19 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by Amil (Post 31691717)
lax to dfw overnight then dfw to cun. what are the check in cut off times ? for the lax to dfw? would it be domestic rules or international ?

If itís on the same ticket it will be international cut off. I believe 1 hour before departure

Amil Nov 1, 19 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by gateH15 (Post 31691744)
If itís on the same ticket it will be international cut off. I believe 1 hour before departure

thanks. makes zero sense to me but good to know!

cheaptom Nov 2, 19 4:18 pm

If my first flight arrives late and I miss my connecting flight--and they have to re-book me the following day because there are no more flights that night-- how does that process work as far as hotels, food vouchers, transport to hotel, etc. Does the reason for the missed connection play into this?
I'm no newbie, but thankfully I've never been in this situation and wondering what happens.

gateH15 Nov 2, 19 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by cheaptom (Post 31694638)
If my first flight arrives late and I miss my connecting flight--and they have to re-book me the following day because there are no more flights that night-- how does that process work as far as hotels, food vouchers, transport to hotel, etc. Does the reason for the missed connection play into this?
I'm no newbie, but thankfully I've never been in this situation and wondering what happens.

If itís ATC delay - you get nothing. If itís airlineís fault - you should get a voucher and a hotel. Expect to line up at the customer assistance counter for a long time and be ready to be lied about actual reason for the delay. Also usually you will get ...... hotel if you manage to convince them to give it to you in the first place. I would book my own hotel and submit receipts later. They will cover some of the cost. Voucher is usually 12 dollars or something so not worth waiting in line for it.

cheaptom Nov 2, 19 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by gateH15 (Post 31694645)
If itís ATC delay - you get nothing. If itís airlineís fault - you should get a voucher and a hotel. .

Thanks...I have heard about the "lies" many times. So, basically, it might be AA's fault but they will try to blame weather or ATC or something like that?

gateH15 Nov 2, 19 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by cheaptom (Post 31694667)
Thanks...I have heard about the "lies" many times. So, basically, it might be AA's fault but they will try to blame weather or ATC or something like that?

Pretty much.