Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Combined 2019 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Introduction

Welcome to the 2019 version of the combined AA meals thread, focusing on international. To help give us a clear picture of your experience, remember to include routes, times, meal designation (breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack/refreshments/none), and if you want, seat number. Photos are welcome and very helpful. Those are guidelines, but of course, the format/style is all yours. Of course, discussion of improvements and/or cutbacks, questions, and thoughts are also welcome.

Format Sample
This is a format you can use when introducing your meal report. This is just a sample format; deviations are expected and are okay. However, if the flight is taken on a 777 in Business, please clearly indicate if you're in 2- or 3-class Business. If you want to see other examples of past formats, check out historical Int'l meal threads - or just post the same way you've always done.

AA2: JFK-LHR: 7pm
Dinner
777 (3-class)
Business Class

(from here, share the menu, experiences and/or photos)

Historical Meal Reports
In the mood to enjoy a throwback? Enjoy reading international meal threads from years past! For the 2019 Domestic Meals thread, click here.
Thanks to MrAndy1369 for starting this and the domestic meal threads for 2019 and defining guidelines.
Print Wikipost

Combined 2019 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2019, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
Had the same small plate and salad yesterday on LHR/JFK, it was terrible...
The lettuce wedge was the best part of the meal IMHO. The presentation and the wines were pretty atrocious.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 7:57 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
The lettuce wedge was the best part of the meal IMHO. The presentation and the wines were pretty atrocious.
Pretty surprised as well that the wedge, which underwent the least prodding of everything that was plated, seemed to do pretty well for my humble taste buds.
Old May 1, 2019, 5:35 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
Agree. I went back to the menu to look at what exactly was on the small plate and gave up. I hate wasting food, but the creativity here is just too much.
Old May 3, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM
Arrow AA193 LAX-HKG same menu as May 2018

AA 193
LAX-HKG
77W

Dude! These are EXACTLY the same J meal selections for this flight last May!

Chose the Thai Green Curry chicken last time -it was just OK, so I'll probably play it safe and go with the Lobster Ravioli for my entree at 2am Pacific...

LAX-HKG: Dinner
  • Asiago-stuffed Gnocchi arugula pesto, roasted tomatoes, burrata cheese
  • Grilled Beef Filet zinfandel demi-glace, Yukon Gold mashed potatoes, broccolini, red peppers
  • Lobster Ravioli lobster cream sauce, sautéed spinach
  • Thai Green Curry chicken, steamed white rice

Last edited by Ready2SailAway; May 3, 2019 at 3:31 pm Reason: typo
Old May 9, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Question PE JFK>LHR

I'm in PE JFK>LHR on Sunday nite and have the following primary meal choices:
  • Slow Roasted Beef
    sherry cream sauce, roasted potatoes, green beans and red bell pepper medley
  • Rotini pasta
    Lemon pepper cream sauce, roasted broccoli and cauliflower, pecorino cheese
I don't really eat dairy, so I, traditionally, order the Asian Vegetarian, but the last time I ordered it, it gave me heartburn and since this is a red-eye, I'm a little nervous.
Would folks just take a chance on, say, the Beef and maybe just remove part of the sauce? Or hope for the best with the Asian Veg?

Also: Is the Non-Lactose meal the same as the Asian Veg?
Thank you!
Old May 9, 2019, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by spycygrl
  • Slow Roasted Beef
  • Rotini pasta
I don't really eat dairy, so I, traditionally, order the Asian Vegetarian, but the last time I ordered it, it gave me heartburn and since this is a red-eye, I'm a little nervous.
Would folks just take a chance on, say, the Beef and maybe just remove part of the sauce? Or hope for the best with the Asian Veg?

Also: Is the Non-Lactose meal the same as the Asian Veg?
Thank you!
I've had the beef. Run far far away from it. From lack of color, to lack of flavor, to lack of texture, this dish was a real loser.

Old May 9, 2019, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by spycygrl
  • Slow Roasted Beef
  • Rotini pasta
These are the same two options I have flying in PE from ORD-FCO in a few weeks. Neither is calling to me and I will probably go with the beef because the pasta seems a bit meh to me. But then again I am flying to Italy and no pasta will compare once I get there!

sgan317- what is the dessert on your tray? Cheesecake?
Old May 9, 2019, 7:47 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by sgan317
I've had the beef. Run far far away from it. From lack of color, to lack of flavor, to lack of texture, this dish was a real loser.

Wow. That looks DIRE. Asian Vegetarian, it is! Thanks for the input!!!
Old May 12, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM
Originally Posted by Ready2SailAway
AA 192
HKG-LAX
77W
J Meal selections -is it possible for AA to overcook a sous vide chicken breast? haha

HKG-LAX: Lunch
  • Tofu Stuffed Eggplant Sautéed vegetables, goji berry, sweet bean sauce
  • Grilled Beef Filet Stir-fry Pan-fried rice roll with vegetables, Chinese steak sauce
  • Sous Vide Chicken Breast Shanghainese noodles, Brassica cabbage, sweet & spicy chili sauce
  • Pan Fried Sea Bass Sambal fried rice, imperial soy broth
I haven't seen any mention of the Sous Vide Chicken Breast in 2018 & 2019 AA Int'l Meals thread -has anyone tried this entree?
Old May 13, 2019, 4:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mcrw00

This is the menu for DUB-ORD next month. How are we feeling about the choices? Any look familiar?
I had the same menu for a LHR-LAX flight yesterday, went with the chicken and it was good. The sauce had a nice kick, would order it again.

silverthief2 and mcrw00 like this.
Old May 14, 2019, 5:27 pm

Upcoming GRU-MIA overnight in Business. Any recommendations? Any experiences with the Hake or the Escondidinho?
  • BRIE, PEAR AND ALMOND-CRUSTED FILET MIGNON BRIE, PEAR AND ALMOND-CRUSTED FILET MIGNON selected for GRU to MIA
    pumpkin purée, roasted mushrooms, demi-glace
  • BRAISED CHICKEN BREAST BRAISED CHICKEN BREAST selected for GRU to MIA
    heart of palm rice, creamed corn, Brazilian pequi sauce
  • SEARED YELLOW HAKE SEARED YELLOW HAKE selected for GRU to MIA
    sweet potato purée with spinach, jaca seed farofa, shrimp bisque sauce
  • ROASTED MUSHROOM ESCONDIDINHO ROASTED MUSHROOM ESCONDIDINHO selected for GRU to MIA
    Gruyère and Minas cream sauce, cherry tomatoes
Thanks!

Last edited by maximizer; May 14, 2019 at 6:33 pm
Old May 14, 2019, 6:55 pm

FCO-ORD in Premium Economy.

I dont recall seeing either of these options in this thread anywhere. Both look very blah to me, but maybe there’s more substance to the actual meal and one is good. Any ideas?

I dont know enough about the special request meals to select one of those blindly either.

and, is baby food always offered to adults?!?! haha

Last edited by SunkissedMommy; May 14, 2019 at 7:15 pm Reason: image size
Old May 14, 2019, 6:59 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by SunkissedMommy
FCO-ORD in Premium Economy.

I dont recall seeing either of these options in this thread anywhere. Both look very blah to me, but maybe there’s more substance to the actual meal and one is good. Any ideas?

I dont know enough about the special request meals to select one of those blindly either.
The first three options all had greenish items featured in their descriptions...

Choose wisely
Old May 16, 2019, 4:34 am

Programs: United Premier Platinum
Tried the shrimp and grits with "red" Thai curry sauce that has been appearing on the menu for some morning departures in J:

Not terrible, but indeed a very confused dish.

- The "red curry" as actually green curry and was entirely in the separate dish to the bottom right. The stringy stuff seemed to be a type of crab.
- The rest of the dish was quite predictable, though the grits needed some salt.
- Can't for the life of me understand how the crab curry is supposed to fit with the rest of the dish. I don't doubt that there was at least a vague culinary concept in mind when this item was concocted, but I genuinely want to know what it is.
Old May 16, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: AA
Does anyone know what the meal schedule is in economy on LAX-SYD and SYD-LAX?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.