Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Combined 2019 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Introduction

Welcome to the 2019 version of the combined AA meals thread, focusing on international. To help give us a clear picture of your experience, remember to include routes, times, meal designation (breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack/refreshments/none), and if you want, seat number. Photos are welcome and very helpful. Those are guidelines, but of course, the format/style is all yours. Of course, discussion of improvements and/or cutbacks, questions, and thoughts are also welcome.

Format Sample
This is a format you can use when introducing your meal report. This is just a sample format; deviations are expected and are okay. However, if the flight is taken on a 777 in Business, please clearly indicate if you're in 2- or 3-class Business. If you want to see other examples of past formats, check out historical Int'l meal threads - or just post the same way you've always done.

AA2: JFK-LHR: 7pm
Dinner
777 (3-class)
Business Class

(from here, share the menu, experiences and/or photos)

Historical Meal Reports
In the mood to enjoy a throwback? Enjoy reading international meal threads from years past! For the 2019 Domestic Meals thread, click here.
Thanks to MrAndy1369 for starting this and the domestic meal threads for 2019 and defining guidelines.
Print Wikipost

Combined 2019 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: AA
I'm having trouble finding out whether meals are served in the Main Cabin on MIA-GEO. It's technically South America but may be classified as a Caribbean flight.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by bridge29
I'm having trouble finding out whether meals are served in the Main Cabin on MIA-GEO. It's technically South America but may be classified as a Caribbean flight.
ExpertFlyer says food for purchase ("G") whereas it shows dinner on, for example, MIA-LIM.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by bridge29
Doing a dummy booking of MIA-GEO in mid-April, it shows "Snacks for Purchase ($)" in Y. So, I'd expect BOB snacks on that flight.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA CK, HHonors Diamond
Thumbs up AA 112: Miami, FL (MIA) to Barcelona, Spain (BCN)

March 2019
AA 112: Miami, FL (MIA) to Barcelona, Spain (BCN)
Boeing 777-200
Business Class

Flight started with a much appreciated pre-departure selection of bubbles and OJ. Yes--I asked for both!

The 'small plate' (poached shrimp remoulade with arugula) and salad (baby spinach and arugula salad) were served together. I'm not big particularly fond of shrimp, so this went untouched. However, the salad was delicious and fresh. The flight attendant also came around with a small selection of rolls. I picked sourdough, which was served warm.

For the 'main plate," I had the Korean-braised short ribs. It tasted way better than it looks in the picture. Very flavorful, especially with the accompanying bulgogi sauce. The meat itself was very soft and tender--I was cutting it with my fork. I wasn't a fan of the shredded red cabbage on top--it was overwhelming to the palate given the beef and sauce were very flavorful on their own.

Traditional AA sundae. The outstanding flight attendant offered to make it 'bottomless," haha.

Fully-stocked walk-up bar

Close up of the offerings at the walk-up bar

Traditional American breakfast, served about 1 hour before landing in Barcelona. Potatoes were the best part of the meal--very soft and perfectly seasoned.

That's my first meal report--hopefully the first of many! Let me know your thoughts--suggestions for improvement are always welcome!!

Last edited by UPG1; Mar 18, 2019 at 7:32 pm
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Flagship First Hindu Meals

Anyone have experience with ordering the Hindu meal ex-JFK on a Flagship First flight? It is my least favorite menu rotation and I have access to Flagship Dining, so low risk, but I am curious if anyone has any experience, specifically is it any different from what they offer domestically?

Thanks!
Old Mar 28, 2019, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Sorry for the delay, been busy traveling.

March 19, 2019
AA772 PHL-DUB
A332
Dinner-Breakfast
Departed 2142 (left 13 minutes early)
Arrived 0756 (34 minutes early)

As written before you know you have a great crew when you walk on board this was a great crew.

PDB was Cava, OJ or Water. The crew made sure if you got Cava that your plastic cup was never dry.

I start with the Bouchard white wine, it was excellent.

I had the seafood cannelloni which was excellent real crab meat and a lot of it. Lemon sauce was perfect. It was served in the express meal format. The purser served my side, and never offered anyone past row 1 bread, he served row 1 bread and that was it. The salmon appetizer was good

Hubby had the BBQ chicken which he said was moist and the BBQ sauce was good.

I had the Irish Cream Moose cake, it looked fantastic, but overall it was OK.

Had Bose headsets, I needed to try 3 different sets to get one to work,

Watched Bohemian Rhapsody as I'm a huge Queen fan. This was the only movie I watched.

Never seen this type, very generic looking, did use the socks and eye shades. Was able to get 4 hours of sleep.

Breakfast

Was a solid breakfast more in line with a domestic meal. The egg dish has a sponge-like texture the sausage was excellent, I added my hot sauce to the egg dish and it was easier to eat.
econometrics and MarkFlies like this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
AA78 DFW-LHR Premium Economy

Has anyone tried either or both of these options? I would love to hear feedback on them.

Also, what can I expect for pre-landing? (I will bring my regular granola "rescue" bar, just in case.)

Thank you
Attached Images  

Last edited by LCSinTexas; Mar 29, 2019 at 11:40 am
Old Mar 29, 2019, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LCSinTexas
Has anyone tried either or both of these options? I would love to hear feedback on them.

Also, what can I expect for pre-landing? (I will bring my regular granola "rescue" bar, just in case.)
These are our choices on our flight home from DUB in PE, we went with a special ordered meal.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
@UPG1, your MIA-BCN meal looks so good! It's also interesting that it seems AA "reintroduced" the sundaes on eastbound night flights. I remember in November 2014, all eastbound, European flights lost sundaes in J (2- or 3-class), aligning with pmUS service (yes, even LAX-LHR). I wonder if AA had brought back sundaes on 2-class eastbound J only, and 3-class J still gets sludges/ice cream only?

Actually, upon preview, it looks like the PHL-DUB flight recently shared too, wasn't served sundaes, despite being similar to MIA-BCN in terms of being eastbound and overnight. Perhaps there's a mileage threshold? The mileage difference is ~1400ish between the two flights, so maybe that's why. And yes, I should change my username to SundaeLover! Haha.
UPG1 likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
@UPG1, your MIA-BCN meal looks so good! It's also interesting that it seems AA "reintroduced" the sundaes on eastbound night flights. I remember in November 2014, all eastbound, European flights lost sundaes in J (2- or 3-class), aligning with pmUS service (yes, even LAX-LHR). I wonder if AA had brought back sundaes on 2-class eastbound J only, and 3-class J still gets sludges/ice cream only?

Actually, upon preview, it looks like the PHL-DUB flight recently shared too, wasn't served sundaes, despite being similar to MIA-BCN in terms of being eastbound and overnight. Perhaps there's a mileage threshold? The mileage difference is ~1400ish between the two flights, so maybe that's why. And yes, I should change my username to SundaeLover! Haha.
Could be the time of flight, since the meal service didn't start until 1045pm.
UPG1 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: AA DL WN
DFW LHR Business 28 April 2019

DFW LHR Business 28 April 2019
Old Apr 3, 2019, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, UA LT Gold, Hertz PC, 5 MM+ miles
Beef Bourguingon on EZE to LAX in J Class Is Among Worst Meals I've Ever Had on AA

Truly awful, and on a flight originating in Argentina which is a great beef-producing nation. They were serving beef stew in Economy and I suspect that was far better, or maybe the same? This menu choice also features "sauteed chard" which looked and tasted more like seaweed that was boiled for a day and then left outside for a day to get cold and to congeal; "potato wedges" which were more like four cold French fries that were meant to absorb the grease from the beef; and "assorted gourmet breads" which turned out to be solely a cold french roll served on the tray along with everything else (no "assorted" breads anywhere) and no doubt can be recycled later in the flight for a cold ham and cheese sandwich. Oh yeah, they forgot the salad dressing, and the desert is now a downgraded vanilla ice cream with a few cookie crumbs strewn on top, thus avoiding the need to offer chocolate or other sauce. And this is for tickets that sell at AA's web site for as much as $6,000 one way. I suggest Mr. Parker serve this slop to his directors and see if they think this is "going for great."
Old Apr 3, 2019, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior200
Truly awful, and on a flight originating in Argentina which is a great beef-producing nation.
Fascinating, I was just raving to someone about how my filet on EZE-MIA was easily the best steak I've ever had on a US-based airline, in terms of both meat quality and doneness.

TWA884 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

April 01, 2019
AA722 DUB-PHL
Seats 7A-B
Meals Lunch-Snack
A332

So I know I ordered special meals for Hubby and I however, the FA stated that my Hubby had a special meal a Diabetic and I pre-ordered the Beef or well.

Not the best AA Diabetic meal....

The Beef, for salad dressing I got Chili oil!! ... really AA, veggies in the main course were WAY over cooked. 2 lousy of pieces of meal... AA really needs to up the game in PY, the seats are not that comfortable, and with getting bedding pack with pillow there is no place to store everything, and getting to the power ports is the worst place possible and very hard to get to.... AA missed the mark on this one, remember going for greatness.

A few ours later I went looking for snacks, walked all the way back to the back galley to find 2 FA's talking, I asked if they had snacks, they said no... Kinda off.... About 45 minutes later ice cream was handed out, then drink service, and pretzels, I asked if they had any when I looking for snacks and was told no... Again, going for greatness....

Snack served about 45 minutes before landing (I'm not kidding)

This was a joke, once again, Chili oil for dressing,

Here is a data point, if you order a speical meal, it follows for the snack service. Once again, Rice, no sauce at all, pretty bad.... Going for Greatness.

Last edited by FlightNurse; Apr 4, 2019 at 10:35 am Reason: routing added
Old Apr 4, 2019, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
April 01, 2019
AA722
Seats 7A-B
Meals Lunch-Snack
A332
Please, could you include the routing???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.