Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Combined 2019 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Introduction

Welcome to the 2019 version of the combined AA meals thread, focusing on international. To help give us a clear picture of your experience, remember to include routes, times, meal designation (breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack/refreshments/none), and if you want, seat number. Photos are welcome and very helpful. Those are guidelines, but of course, the format/style is all yours. Of course, discussion of improvements and/or cutbacks, questions, and thoughts are also welcome.

Format Sample
This is a format you can use when introducing your meal report. This is just a sample format; deviations are expected and are okay. However, if the flight is taken on a 777 in Business, please clearly indicate if you're in 2- or 3-class Business. If you want to see other examples of past formats, check out historical Int'l meal threads - or just post the same way you've always done.

AA2: JFK-LHR: 7pm
Dinner
777 (3-class)
Business Class

(from here, share the menu, experiences and/or photos)

Historical Meal Reports
In the mood to enjoy a throwback? Enjoy reading international meal threads from years past! For the 2019 Domestic Meals thread, click here.
Thanks to MrAndy1369 for starting this and the domestic meal threads for 2019 and defining guidelines.
Print Wikipost

Combined 2019 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2019, 11:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Marriott Platinum
I'm flying SCL - MIA in a couple weeks, anyone have any feedback on SCL catering? I had decent steak on LAX-HKG, but I feel like chicken is a safer option at an out station?\

Old Dec 10, 2019, 9:23 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by ryan182
take that “review” with a grain of salt, AA invites the writer so they knew that those dishes would be reviewed AND they had them prepared on the ground.
I'm well aware of that. However, it is pretty hard to ruin a stuffed pasta dish when reheating it in an airplane oven.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TWA884
I'm well aware of that. However, it is pretty hard to ruin a stuffed pasta dish when reheating it in an airplane oven.
Originally Posted by AA
Challenge Accepted!
orbitmic likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 5:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA, B6, DL, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Hilton, National
GCM - CLT in a couple of weeks. Curious if anyone has tried either of the two bottom choices.

Old Dec 13, 2019, 11:35 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by TBRIC
GCM - CLT in a couple of weeks. Curious if anyone has tried either of the two bottom choices.

I just posted my pic of this chicken dish in the domestic meals thread. It was actually pretty good.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA, B6, DL, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Hilton, National
Thanks for the response. I probably should have posted in that thread. In AA's mind Grand Cayman is domestic.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
LHR-DFW

It was actually quite tasty. The chicken was a tad dry but not objectionably so and otherwise was very good. The "truffle Jus" is the brown sauce and tasted slightly of truffle.

Old Dec 14, 2019, 1:15 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
We had this same meal DFW-FRA 3 days ago. The steak was a filet and was done to "medium" and was very tasty. The only problem was the speed of the service- our F/A acted as though we were on a 1 hour flight. Just had one sip of my drink and she was there with the appetizer/salad tray. Took the last bite of the salad and she was there with the entree. The whole thing took less than 30 minutes. I've seen this happen on very late night flights, but this was a 4 p.m. departure.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 3:44 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
The spinach and ricotta rotolo pasta was offered on both my JFK-LAX and JFK-MAD a few days later in C. While the description and photo posted above sounded great in reality it was pretty bad. The pasta to ricotta ratio is ridiculous and essentially it's a hot (mine was way overcooked) mess with little taste.
I skipped dinner on the way back and cannot say whether it was any better on the second segment.

Old Dec 16, 2019, 5:25 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by El_Duderito
The spinach and ricotta rotolo pasta was offered on both my JFK-LAX and JFK-MAD a few days later in C. While the description and photo posted above sounded great in reality it was pretty bad. The pasta to ricotta ratio is ridiculous and essentially it's a hot (mine was way overcooked) mess with little taste.
I skipped dinner on the way back and cannot say whether it was any better on the second segment.

Shouldn’t this be plated on the larger more square-ish plate? This also looks gross and the “chef” AA has chosen should be ashamed of herself for aligning with this slop.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TWA884
Originally Posted by AA
Challenge Accepted!
Looks like AA stepped up to the plate and took that challenge head on and performed as expected!

Originally Posted by El_Duderito

El_Duderito likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 12:53 pm

I have this menu for HKG-DFW in F next month...pretty blah looking menu IMO will probably eat at the Pier and FFD primarily unless the airline gods smile upon me and arrange some sort of an MX issue that would allow a re-route on CX
  • Pan Fried Lamb Chops
    rosemary hasselback potato, vegetable peparata, roasted cherry tomato
  • Roasted Chicken
    tarragon cream sauce tomato pumpkin risotto, haricot vert, tomatoes
  • Roasted Black Cod
    mushroom sauce multi-grain rice, baby carrot, mushrooms, broccolini
  • Mushroom and Basil Arancini
    pomodoro sauce baby carrot, broccolini, roasted cauliflower
Old Dec 19, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Would be happy for any perspective on (this is LAX LHR in January):
  • Smoked Brisket - gemelli mac 'n cheese, roasted corn, tomato jalapeno jam
  • Crab Cakes - broccoli chipotle slaw, lemon chive cream sauce, blistered tomatoes
  • Rotisserie Chicken - roasted fingerling, red wine sauce, haricot vert
  • AVAILABLE BY PRE-ORDER ONLY - Cobb Salad - cucumber, tomato, scallion, red onion, red rice, hard-boiled egg and ranch dressing, served with a side of grilled herbed chicken breast
  • Charcuterie Plate - prosciutto, salami, smoked gouda, sharp cheddar, tomme, walnuts, dates, apricots, sour cherry jam
  • Created and inspired by our partnership with the James Beard Foundation and Chef Sarah Grueneberg - Artichoke ravioli served with blistered cherry tomato sauce and green olive pistachio pesto
I've been generally been happy with their brisket entrees, so that would be my default. Tempted by the crab cakes.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 5:04 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by logicalrealist
  • Smoked Brisket - gemelli mac 'n cheese, roasted corn, tomato jalapeno jam
  • Crab Cakes - broccoli chipotle slaw, lemon chive cream sauce, blistered tomatoes
  • Rotisserie Chicken - roasted fingerling, red wine sauce, haricot vert
  • AVAILABLE BY PRE-ORDER ONLY - Cobb Salad - cucumber, tomato, scallion, red onion, red rice, hard-boiled egg and ranch dressing, served with a side of grilled herbed chicken breast
  • Charcuterie Plate - prosciutto, salami, smoked gouda, sharp cheddar, tomme, walnuts, dates, apricots, sour cherry jam
  • Created and inspired by our partnership with the James Beard Foundation and Chef Sarah Grueneberg - Artichoke ravioli served with blistered cherry tomato sauce and green olive pistachio pesto
I've been generally been happy with their brisket entrees, so that would be my default. Tempted by the crab cakes.
I looked at that and said hey... three of those are the pre-order options for my flight (JFK-CDG) coming up. The crab cakes weren't there 30 days out from the flight but are there now. There's no pre-order Cobb Salad option or Charcuterie plate though. I guess the moral of the story is that if you order early, check back and there may be more choices.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, National Exec, Hertz PC, Nexus
Originally Posted by logicalrealist
Same flight in January. I'm leaning towards the crab cakes. The preparation sounds like something I'd like. My wife, who is a vegetarian, will get the artichoke ravioli. Normally she goes for Asian veg, but the ravioli looked pretty good to her. I am a little tempted to get it myself. Returning LHR-LAX also in January, but the menu hasn't posted for the return yet.
logicalrealist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.