Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Combined 2019 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Introduction

Welcome to the 2019 version of the combined AA meals thread, focusing on international. To help give us a clear picture of your experience, remember to include routes, times, meal designation (breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack/refreshments/none), and if you want, seat number. Photos are welcome and very helpful. Those are guidelines, but of course, the format/style is all yours. Of course, discussion of improvements and/or cutbacks, questions, and thoughts are also welcome.

Format Sample
This is a format you can use when introducing your meal report. This is just a sample format; deviations are expected and are okay. However, if the flight is taken on a 777 in Business, please clearly indicate if you're in 2- or 3-class Business. If you want to see other examples of past formats, check out historical Int'l meal threads - or just post the same way you've always done.

AA2: JFK-LHR: 7pm
Dinner
777 (3-class)
Business Class

(from here, share the menu, experiences and/or photos)

Historical Meal Reports
In the mood to enjoy a throwback? Enjoy reading international meal threads from years past! For the 2019 Domestic Meals thread, click here.
Thanks to MrAndy1369 for starting this and the domestic meal threads for 2019 and defining guidelines.
Print Wikipost

Combined 2019 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2019, 1:03 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by deb86305
Has anyone every had the rotisserie chicken? Right now I'm leaning towards beef.
  • Bourbon-Glazed Salmon- fig and roasted pepper orzo, sugar snap peas, cherry tomato
  • Santa Fe-Style Enchiladas- roasted squash, baby spinach, queso fresco, grilled corn
  • Peppercorn Seared Beef Filet- pomme anna, truffle butter, port wine sauce, sautéed asparagus, shitake mushrooms
  • Rotisserie Chicken roasted fingerling, red wine sauce, haricot vert
Just had it on the flight over. A little dry, but the flavor on the chicken wasn't terrible.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 1:04 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by MGW2000
i know I've said it before on here, but this is one of my favorite AA international dishes...
I'm always a teensy freaked out by fish on a plane.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by spycygrl
Understandable, especially if it sings.
spycygrl, Wembleygal and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MGW2000
i know I've said it before on here, but this is one of my favorite AA international dishes...
Can't tell if this is actually better than other options or just a dish that a lot of people have had? Seems like AA uses this for TATL and TPAC flights, and searching the forum it's been around since at least 2017.

Guess I'll find out - switched my preorder from the "Miso Crusted Beef Filet" (jasmine rice, garlic broccolini, butter miso sauce) which just sounds like a fancier version of the domestic meal.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 2:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
MAD-JFK
PDB of bubbles, water, or OJ

Snack from the mid galley between meals

Pre-arrival meal

Old Oct 23, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
The TV girl doesn't look too happy with your pre-dinner drink and mixed nuts.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by spycygrl
No need to worry, I read recently that AA has a 1 year shelf life on their catered foods.

In all seriousness, I much prefer the salmon among these options.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 9:01 pm
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
Since when are meals offered on CLT-SDQ/SJO in Y for free, and any idea as to what they consist of? I know DFW-SJO always got meals and I know they extended that offer to CLT, but I thought they replaced that with BOB a couple of months ago.

I'm booked on SDQ before Christmas and "Dinner" shows up, as does "Lunch" for SJO in January.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton HHonors Gold
AA DFW-NRT PE Meal Service

Just wondering if anyone has experience of the meal services in PE on AA 175 DFW-NRT and the return AA 176 NRT-DFW, I can't seem to find much online.

Is it a lunch/dinner service, or lunch/breakfast? Outbound is blocked at 14 hours, is there a snack or anything in the middle?

The times are a little odd so I thought I'd ask. If anybody knows of any typical dishes too I'd appreciate it!
Old Oct 31, 2019, 4:36 am

What would you do?

EXPLAT flying to Central America (BZE) in J for the first time. Not surprised to see it’s more of a domestic set of choices, but unfortunately I cannot select AV meal or any of the other choices usually offered in domestic J. My choices are as follows; any suggestions? As you can see, I’m leaning towards the fruit and cheese since the rest just sounds unappetizing...
Old Nov 2, 2019, 4:38 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by alancostello
Just wondering if anyone has experience of the meal services in PE on AA 175 DFW-NRT and the return AA 176 NRT-DFW, I can't seem to find much online.

Is it a lunch/dinner service, or lunch/breakfast? Outbound is blocked at 14 hours, is there a snack or anything in the middle?

The times are a little odd so I thought I'd ask. If anybody knows of any typical dishes too I'd appreciate it!
If you look back a page you'll see my PE experience for DFW-PEK which I imagine is remarkably similar.
alancostello likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 7:14 pm

I tried to pre order ORD-NRT for next month.
It did not offer a Japanese meal either in the regular choices (3 of them) or in the special meals.
Has AA stopped offering JPML options?
Old Nov 2, 2019, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by chuck1
I tried to pre order ORD-NRT for next month.
It did not offer a Japanese meal either in the regular choices (3 of them) or in the special meals.
Has AA stopped offering JPML options?
It has been offered on every one of my DFW-->NRT flights, and it was showing as an option on my 11/11 flight. With that said, I only choose the Japanese meal when flying back from Japan, which in my opinion, it is much better than when leaving from the States.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA, Southwest, Hilton, Hyatt
Originally Posted by alancostello

Departure meal is typical dinner/lunch choice of meat or pasta. The midflight snack is actually similar to J class with a wrap and soba noodles then arrival service is a choice of asian or western breakfast.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 6:22 am

Meal service PHX- LHR Business class

I had the salad, rotisserie chicken and American breakfast. All were very good.
apeortdz likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.