Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Combined 2019 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Introduction

Welcome to the 2019 version of the combined AA meals thread, focusing on international. To help give us a clear picture of your experience, remember to include routes, times, meal designation (breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack/refreshments/none), and if you want, seat number. Photos are welcome and very helpful. Those are guidelines, but of course, the format/style is all yours. Of course, discussion of improvements and/or cutbacks, questions, and thoughts are also welcome.

Format Sample
This is a format you can use when introducing your meal report. This is just a sample format; deviations are expected and are okay. However, if the flight is taken on a 777 in Business, please clearly indicate if you're in 2- or 3-class Business. If you want to see other examples of past formats, check out historical Int'l meal threads - or just post the same way you've always done.

AA2: JFK-LHR: 7pm
Dinner
777 (3-class)
Business Class

(from here, share the menu, experiences and/or photos)

Historical Meal Reports
In the mood to enjoy a throwback? Enjoy reading international meal threads from years past! For the 2019 Domestic Meals thread, click here.
Thanks to MrAndy1369 for starting this and the domestic meal threads for 2019 and defining guidelines.
Print Wikipost

Combined 2019 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:37 am

Flying DFW->ICN in J on Sept 11. The website is only offering one meal option, the Bibimbap. Looking at the same flight departing a week earlier and see there are 4 options. Any idea what gives?
Old Aug 15, 2019, 2:34 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Gold; IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by strizek88
Flying DFW->ICN in J on Sept 11. The website is only offering one meal option, the Bibimbap. Looking at the same flight departing a week earlier and see there are 4 options. Any idea what gives?
My flight also LHR to DFW on 7 Sept only offering one meal option. Would also like to know why?
Old Aug 15, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by strizek88
Originally Posted by PlnCzy

My flight also LHR to DFW on 7 Sept only offering one meal option. Would also like to know why?
At least you can see the options! This is all I've been able to see for PHL to LHR for a while now.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DFWguy
I am a collector of airline menus and approaching the 1000+ mark. The older, vintage menus all offered various cocktails, such as martini, manhattan, old fashioned , bloody mary, sazerac, etc. This seems to be true of all classes of service and across all carriers. The more recent menus no longer offer a cocktail offering, instead, just a listing the type of booze on board.
I fly next week on AA to LHR in biz, if I asked for a manhattan, would the FA laugh? Is it possible to receive a made cocktail on flights anymore? Thank you all.
I usually save my menus as well; have a large collection from a variety of airlines. Curious to know how you store or use them. Maybe do you display them in a notebook, or by airline, or by flight? Right now, mine are all sitting in a cabinet collecting dust!
Old Aug 19, 2019, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Last night on 80 the beef was not catered regrettably so I chose the bbq chicken breast with cold Mac and cheese. Everything came on one tray.

Food was horrible.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Upcoming DFW-MAD flight, any thoughts on what would be the best choice.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: AA Explat / UA Silver
Originally Posted by mlx52
Upcoming DFW-MAD flight, any thoughts on what would be the best choice.
I had the braised short rib last week on JFK-LHR for lunch (AA142, morning flight). They were serving the same entrees from DFW-LHR (menu left in seat from previous rotation).

It was quite good. Short rib tends not to dry out as much as steak, and my one taste of the potato side was delicious. One of the better meals recently.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by enviroian
Last night on 80 the beef was not catered regrettably so I chose the bbq chicken breast with cold Mac and cheese. Everything came on one tray.

Food was horrible.
Should've dined in the FL, eh?

I never eat on AA80, as I like to go straight to sleep. I don't remember the last time I actually had food in J ex-DFW going TATL.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 5:37 pm

Programs: free agent
Have an upcoming F DFW-HKG flight next month and I am not too thrilled with those options. I know how chicken and beef tend to turns out but ravioli sound nice on paper? (I am planning to feast at FFD with some Krug, though!)

I am open to any suggestions -

Pumpkin Ravioli Pumpkin Ravioli (roasted lobster tail, sage brown butter, pine nuts)

Roasted Butternut Squash Roasted Butternut Squash (chickpea couscous, goat cheese)

Black Bean Chicken Black Bean Chicken with steamed rice

Beef Chateaubriand (your choice of green peppercorn, foyot or horseradish cream sauce)
Old Aug 23, 2019, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by washeelers747
Have an upcoming F DFW-HKG flight next month and I am not too thrilled with those options. I know how chicken and beef tend to turns out but ravioli sound nice on paper? (I am planning to feast at FFD with some Krug, though!)

I am open to any suggestions -

Pumpkin Ravioli Pumpkin Ravioli (roasted lobster tail, sage brown butter, pine nuts)

Roasted Butternut Squash Roasted Butternut Squash (chickpea couscous, goat cheese)

Black Bean Chicken Black Bean Chicken with steamed rice

Beef Chateaubriand (your choice of green peppercorn, foyot or horseradish cream sauce)
When we flew in F, I asked the FA on my side if the steak could be cooked a little less then normal so it had pink inside, and it was. Since you know what is on the menu, as you are settling in ask when the FA comes by to take your PDB.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: BA Silver
Flying ORD - LHR in Premium Econ in a couple of weeks. This is a daytime flight at leaves at 9am. Any recommendations? Seem like two kind of poor options. Also anyone know what to expect from second meal service since this flight lands at like 11pm?
Old Aug 24, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
DFW-CUN
Business Class
Dinner
Boeing 737-800

DFW was a mess. I connected from another international flight. There were easily over 1,000 people in the line for customs, and the line stretched down the bridge toward the old Centurion Lounge. I was SO thankful for global entry. Regular security lines were posting a ~20 minute wait, while Pre-Check was 8-minutes. This flight departed out of C, and I thankfully made it to the gate with 7 minutes to spare before boarding, so alas no time to dine in the Flagship Lounge before the flight, and I was relegated to the meal on-board.

Pre-departure beverage of choice!

Once in the air, pre-order acknowledged and hot towels were offered.

Drink of choice with warm nuts.

Having seen mixed reviews for the choices offered on this flight, I pre-ordered the vegetarian chili as reviews of the other option, the grilled chicken, were mixed. Service was done from the cart (sigh). It was offered with cheese on the side as a garnish in a plastic container -- classy Bread choices were sourdough or white or wheat. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PRETZEL ROLLS? Salad was meh as per usual with the omni-present olive-oil and vinegar dressing.

Warm cookies offered after the meal with a choice of snickerdoodle or chocolate chip. The chocolate chip cookie tasted and felt like it was baked on board. SO SOFT!

Mints offered prior to landing!

Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:42 am

Options on flight CLT-MUN. Thoughts on my choices? Was leaning toward the salmon.

[img]blob:https://www.flyertalk.com/3a5cf9b5-9003-465b-b017-afb05f247c51
Old Aug 28, 2019, 4:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by machong
Was leaning toward the salmon.
That would be my choice.
machong likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by machong

Options on flight CLT-MUN. Thoughts on my choices? Was leaning toward the salmon.
Same options DFW-CDG...I'm going with the salmon, wife picked the chicken. We'll see who wins
machong likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.