Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Combined 2019 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Introduction

Welcome to the 2019 version of the combined AA meals thread, focusing on international. To help give us a clear picture of your experience, remember to include routes, times, meal designation (breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack/refreshments/none), and if you want, seat number. Photos are welcome and very helpful. Those are guidelines, but of course, the format/style is all yours. Of course, discussion of improvements and/or cutbacks, questions, and thoughts are also welcome.

Format Sample
This is a format you can use when introducing your meal report. This is just a sample format; deviations are expected and are okay. However, if the flight is taken on a 777 in Business, please clearly indicate if you're in 2- or 3-class Business. If you want to see other examples of past formats, check out historical Int'l meal threads - or just post the same way you've always done.

AA2: JFK-LHR: 7pm
Dinner
777 (3-class)
Business Class

(from here, share the menu, experiences and/or photos)

Historical Meal Reports
In the mood to enjoy a throwback? Enjoy reading international meal threads from years past! For the 2019 Domestic Meals thread, click here.
Thanks to MrAndy1369 for starting this and the domestic meal threads for 2019 and defining guidelines.
Print Wikipost

Combined 2019 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by Duke787
Flying MIA - EZE at the end of the month (11pm departure)

Any recommendations? Or should I just skip dinner and go straight to sleep and rely on the Flagship Lounge at MIA for dinner?

Flagship, hands down.

Unless airplane food is your thing -

Not judging.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by enpremiere

Flagship, hands down.

Not judging.
Nope completely okay with me -- flight from RDU leaves at 630 so may even just bring dinner on that flight from home and then snack along the way in MIA and just nightcap and sleep down to EZE
Old Aug 4, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Duke787
Flying MIA - EZE at the end of the month (11pm departure)

Any recommendations? Or should I just skip dinner and go straight to sleep and rely on the Flagship Lounge at MIA for dinner?
That's a shortish overnight flight. I would eat in the Flagship lounge, and try to go to sleep as soon as possible on the plane to get somewhere close to 6 or 7 hours of shuteye.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold (ex-75K), Bonvoy Titanium, Recovering United 1K
Originally Posted by 3Cruisers
AA DFW-LHR
My choices are below. I don't eat fish and we all know how bad the beef can be (I have had great and terrible). And the chicken seems blah. Anyone had any luck with the Heart of Palm and Corn Cake? I haven't seen it listed anywhere before.

Filet Mignon with Café de Paris butter, papas bravas, haricots verts OR Grilled Halibut with Cauliflower mash, snow peas, buerre blanc, grilled lemon OR
Herb-Roasted Chicken Breast with Pecorino flan, broccolini, roasted tomato and caper sauce OR
Heart of Palm and Roasted Corn Cake with Saffron couscous, edamame, tomato and caper jam
I had the Heart of Palm and Roasted Corn Cake on a recent JFK to LHR flight. It was pretty good -- consistency of a crab cake ion the softer side. I would order again. Cannot post pics yet.

Last edited by cpworld; Aug 4, 2019 at 4:16 pm Reason: spelling
Old Aug 10, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Alitalia Freccia Alata
To add to directly above, I recently had the filet mignon w/ cafe de Paris butter on LAX-LHR and it was the worst meal I’ve ever been served in air. Truly disgusting. The sweet potatoes are soaked in an extremely spicy buffalo wing sauce (think a cheaper version of a Hooters fire chicken wing sauce - it was inedible and both the person beside me and my husband behind me left them all) and the steak was even drier and tougher than the usual awful plane steak. I’m used to overcooked plane steaks but this defied description or consumption. The green beans were also crunchy and squeaky which is a personal non-preference, although perhaps some like that. I would avoid this one. I will post more meal photos soon, but wanted to get you something about the filet in case your flight is soon.

Last edited by OneWorldSapphire; Aug 10, 2019 at 1:46 pm
Old Aug 10, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by OneWorldSapphire
I recently had the filet mignon on LAX-LHR and it was the worst meal I’ve ever been served in air. Truly disgusting. The sweet potatoes are soaked in an extremely spicy buffalo wing sauce (think a cheaper version of a Hooters fire chicken wing sauce - it was inedible and both the person beside me and my husband behind me left them all) and the steak was even drier and tougher than the usual awful plane steak. I’m used to overcooked plane steaks but this defied description or consumption. The green beans were also crunchy and squeaky which is a personal non-preference, although perhaps some like that. I would avoid this one. I will post more meal photos soon, but wanted to get you something about the filet in case your flight is soon.

To be more precise, it was an ESA that boarded and crossed paths with the wrong FA

Old Aug 11, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriot LTG
LHR-ORD J

I've read the bouillabaisse is decent, should my sig other go for the beef or chicken?
Old Aug 12, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BA Executive Club, LH Miles & More, Air Asia BigShot, Les Collectioneurs
Update on my pre ordered meal choice on the DFW-AMS segment
Pre ordered the Panko crushed prawn which was appalling in every way. Taste, overdoneness, texture and presentation.

AA Panko crushed prawn
Old Aug 12, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: * Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by richiezc
LHR-ORD J

I've read the bouillabaisse is decent, should my sig other go for the beef or chicken?
I had the sliced beef from JFK to LHR and it was delicious. It was so tasty and well cooked that couldn't believe I was on AA.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by enpremiere

Flagship, hands down.

Not judging.
That is the same menu on offer for flight 80 I'm taking Sunday night. I chose the BBQ chicken.

To me there is something special about being in a nice J seat and having the meal brought to you and enjoy eating looking out the window. I guess it's the experience for me.

YMMV.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 3:47 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Justin Case
Update on my pre ordered meal choice on the DFW-AMS segment
Pre ordered the Panko crushed prawn which was appalling in every way. Taste, overdoneness, texture and presentation.

AA Panko crushed prawn
Compared to the Panko Crusted Prawns with roasted rainbow carrots, zucchini noodles and ginger hibiscus, which I had on my flight from DFW to AMS last September, it would appear that they left yours in the oven too long. Even though mine do not looked burnt, they were overdone.

Justin Case likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 4:47 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by enviroian
That is the same menu on offer for flight 80 I'm taking Sunday night. I chose the BBQ chicken.

To me there is something special about being in a nice J seat and having the meal brought to you and enjoy eating looking out the window. I guess it's the experience for me.

YMMV.
Same menu for me on a flight to Dublin on Wednesday night. I've chosen the charcuterie plate for now in hopes it's the Zoe's Kitchen one.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 8:49 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
A little underwhelming for an upcoming JFK-GRU F flight. Short rib, I guess? Open to suggestions.

Braised Short Rib Braised Short Rib selected for JFK to GRU
red wine thyme jus, grits with goats cheese and scallions, broccolini, beetroot relish

Miso Crusted Seabass Miso Crusted Seabass selected for JFK to GRU
egg fried jasmin rice, black bean sauce, fried chinese broccoli, peppers

Herb Roasted Chicken Breast Herb Roasted Chicken Breast selected for JFK to GRU
truffle mash, pomodoro sauce, haricot vert

Truffled Ricotta Ravioli Truffled Ricotta Ravioli selected for JFK to GRU
Parmesan fondue, porcini mushroom, baby arugula
Old Aug 12, 2019, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by snorkmaster
A little underwhelming for an upcoming JFK-GRU F flight. Short rib, I guess? Open to suggestions.

Braised Short Rib Braised Short Rib selected for JFK to GRU
red wine thyme jus, grits with goats cheese and scallions, broccolini, beetroot relish

Miso Crusted Seabass Miso Crusted Seabass selected for JFK to GRU
egg fried jasmin rice, black bean sauce, fried chinese broccoli, peppers

Herb Roasted Chicken Breast Herb Roasted Chicken Breast selected for JFK to GRU
truffle mash, pomodoro sauce, haricot vert

Truffled Ricotta Ravioli Truffled Ricotta Ravioli selected for JFK to GRU
Parmesan fondue, porcini mushroom, baby arugula
eat at FFD, have a beverage and desert on the plane then sleep.
snorkmaster likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I have the same menu for LHR-JFK next month, same menu from MXP-JFK from December which I had the beef which was very good, just a little salty in my opinion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.