Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Combined 2019 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Introduction

Welcome to the 2019 version of the combined AA meals thread, focusing on international. To help give us a clear picture of your experience, remember to include routes, times, meal designation (breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack/refreshments/none), and if you want, seat number. Photos are welcome and very helpful. Those are guidelines, but of course, the format/style is all yours. Of course, discussion of improvements and/or cutbacks, questions, and thoughts are also welcome.

Format Sample
This is a format you can use when introducing your meal report. This is just a sample format; deviations are expected and are okay. However, if the flight is taken on a 777 in Business, please clearly indicate if you're in 2- or 3-class Business. If you want to see other examples of past formats, check out historical Int'l meal threads - or just post the same way you've always done.

AA2: JFK-LHR: 7pm
Dinner
777 (3-class)
Business Class

(from here, share the menu, experiences and/or photos)

Historical Meal Reports
In the mood to enjoy a throwback? Enjoy reading international meal threads from years past! For the 2019 Domestic Meals thread, click here.
Thanks to MrAndy1369 for starting this and the domestic meal threads for 2019 and defining guidelines.
Print Wikipost

Combined 2019 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old May 31, 2019, 11:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Thoughts on any of the below - choices on LAX-HKG in F. I often do not bother with dinner on this flight so late (not to mention I plan to use FF Dining for first time before) but curious if anyone thought one of these was decent:
  • Pork Belly
    maple glaze
  • Miso-glazed Sea Bass
    crab fried rice, vegetable slaw
  • Cauliflower Steak
    truffle butter, farro risotto
  • Thai Green Curry
  • chicken, steamed jasmine rice, vegetables
Old Jun 1, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by Jordan D
AA99: LHR-ORD: 0745
Breakfast
Business Class

Options:
- Smoked Salmon Hash - barnaise sauce, vine tomatoes and sauted spinach
- Chicken and Waffles - jalapeno cream gravy
- Chorizo and Egg Enchilada - corn and black bean salsa
- Charcuterie Plate - grilled vegetables, bocconcini cheese, olives.

Debating between that and a KSML, because they tend to be very good out of London.
Would advise against the Chicken and Waffles. I am not a fan of the dish to begin with, but this dish is consistently a poor choice IME: waffles are either rock hard or doughy and the chicken tends to be rather dry. Can't go wrong with special orders.

Other option would be load up at the CX lounge prior to departure and sleep
Old Jun 1, 2019, 8:34 pm

Flying DUB-DFW in J later this month. The choices were new to me and I didn't see much in the thread. Any advice? I am leaning towards the lamb and my wife was leaning towards the chicken.

Mediterranean-style Lamb Mediterranean-style Lamb
potato gratin, pesto alla genovese with pumpkin seeds

Miso-glazed Chicken Supreme Miso-glazed Chicken Supreme
hollandaise sauce, butternut squash pure, fried spring onions
​​​​​​​
Butterfish with Pumpernickel Topping Butterfish with Pumpernickel Topping
red pepper sauce, creamy potato risotto, fennel with orange vinaigrette, Romanesco
​​​​​​​
Tomato and Mozzarella Cannelloni Tomato and Mozzarella Cannelloni
pesto rosso sauce, creamy spinach
Old Jun 2, 2019, 1:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ryan182
I have these options for HKG-LAX in F in May...pretty lame menu for F on a TPAC IMO. Anyone had the chicken dish?
  • Grilled Beef Fillet
    Sauted mushroom and asparagus, Chinese steak sauce
  • Herb Crusted and Spinach Stuffed Chicken
    Pumpkin and tomato risotto, saffron tomato sauce
  • Pan-fried Salmon
    Egg fried rice with carrot, leek and celery
  • Tofu Stuffed Eggplant Tofu Stuffed Eggplant
    Sauted vegetables, goji berry, sweet bean sauce
I ended up having an amazing meal on this flight...mostly - ok not mostly but entirely, because I ended up not taking the AA flight. I woke up to find that the 77W operating the HKG-LAX flight was coming from DFW and due to storms was delayed by > 6 hours. I bought a J ticket, upgraded at booking to F and to my complete surprise was able to talk the AAgent into pushing the ticket to CX in F. I expected them to tell me I would have to take J but damn was I happy to have the 2004 Krug, Caviar, and a perfectly cooked steak and the CX F bed which is one of my favorites. How does AA sell F tickets on this route....I think thats a legit question because CX F is orders of magnitude better.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:28 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
JFK-FCO
777 w/ Super Diamond seats (I really don't understand that huge gap in these seats between the top and bottom parts......does AA ever try out their own seats before they order them?)
Dinner, Breakfast
PDB of bubbles, water, OJ.

Flight left right on time and landed early

Menu

Starter (kind of meh)

Main beef dish

Fruit & Cheese

Breakfast Quiche.....bread was offered but I declined

Overall a nice flight with good service from this senior LAA NYC based crew.

Edited to add a comment about the impressive mid-flight snack bar. There were a ton of water bottles laid out as well as plated fresh wraps and sandwiches with full silverware rollups with napkins......puts DL's pathetic mid-flight SkyBreak basket in DL1 to shame.
econometrics likes this.

Last edited by AANYC1981; Jun 3, 2019 at 3:34 am
Old Jun 5, 2019, 3:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
FCO-JFK
Lunch, Snack
PDB of bubbles, water, OJ

Starter (served without salad dressing and had to ask)

Slow cooked beef

F&C

Best part of the meal service were these leek pies before landing

Old Jun 5, 2019, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM
Arrow AA193 LAX-HKG same menu as May 2018

Originally Posted by Ready2SailAway
AA 193
LAX-HKG
77W

Dude! These are EXACTLY the same J meal selections for this flight last May!

Chose the Thai Green Curry chicken last time -it was just OK, so I'll probably play it safe and go with the Lobster Ravioli for my entree at 2am Pacific...

LAX-HKG: Dinner
  • Asiago-stuffed Gnocchi arugula pesto, roasted tomatoes, burrata cheese
  • Grilled Beef Filet zinfandel demi-glace, Yukon Gold mashed potatoes, broccolini, red peppers
  • Lobster Ravioli lobster cream sauce, sauted spinach
  • Thai Green Curry chicken, steamed white rice
AA 193
LAX-HKG
77W

Business Class Menu

Warm Mixed Nuts

Chili-seared Shrimp appetizer, with cream cheese on crostini -just OK
Caesar Salad, Parmesan cheese & croutons with roasted tomato Caesar dressing -OK
Lobster Ravioli, lobster cream sauce & sauted spinach -this was a safe selection for a 2am PDT meal; those chunks of lobster on top were not too overly cooked...

Note the typo for those beef sliders haha... (FYI "Waygu" means "The Way" in Somali)

Wagyu Beef Sliders, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, red onion, kettle chips -not bad...

Peaches & Cream Smoothie -I find AA's smoothies are always the highlight of their breakfast service...

Continental Breakfast, fresh seasonal fruit, Greek yogurt, granola, and a croissant -easy & light...
Carfield likes this.

Last edited by Ready2SailAway; Jun 13, 2019 at 12:23 pm Reason: clarification
Old Jun 11, 2019, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by Ready2SailAway
AA 193
LAX-HKG
77W

Business Class Menu

btw A fellow passenger had that Grilled Beef Filet -said it was overcooked and tasteless.

On my return flight (meal review coming soon..!) I asked my FA why the beef filet is usually such a disappointment.

She said that each entre has its own specific preparation instructions, which if followed exactly yields excellent results. But typically the person assigned to meal prep ignores those instructions and just heats everything together until it gives up...

Last edited by Ready2SailAway; Jun 13, 2019 at 12:22 pm Reason: clarification
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981

Starter (kind of meh)

I had the same menu DFW-AMS last week, and the same starter. Mine, however, looked much less smoked, Lol...

Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by econometrics
Burned an SWU from J to F on an LHR-DFW flight upcoming.

Anyone had the "Braised Tuscan Beef Stew" in F recently? I decided to pre-order it mainly because it's served with "crispy polenta".

My other choice would be the "Roast Chicken Dinner", which sounds boring.
AA81 (LHR-DFW) in F yesterday.

First, Im glad this was an unneeded SWU used to go J to F on this flight. F on AA is so uninspired. J - especially on the 77W is much better aligned for the value paid for it. Service was warm and efficient, but far from the distinguished touch of what F should be, especially if youre calling it Flagship.

I noticed AA is finally using a solid curtain on the F galley. Too bad the FAs dont know how to deploy it. I took this pic while laying down and trying to take a nap.

Sorry, but I forgot to take a pic of the menu. The small plate starter was a beetroot and goat cheese dish. It was quite good, as the goat cheese was very creamy (almost whipped), and mild.

I skipped the salad.

The soup had had good flavor overall, but ugly presentation, and the croutons made it feel and taste cheap.

The main was an odd dish. The polenta was dry and very flavorless. The beef was tender and had good flavor, however. A very simple (read: too basic) dish for F, though, IMO.

The cheesecake dessert was good.

Old Jun 19, 2019, 5:12 am

Programs: AA, United, Marriott, Hilton, Princess
AA DFW-LHR
My choices are below. I don't eat fish and we all know how bad the beef can be (I have had great and terrible). And the chicken seems blah. Anyone had any luck with the Heart of Palm and Corn Cake? I haven't seen it listed anywhere before.

Filet Mignon with Caf de Paris butter, papas bravas, haricots verts OR Grilled Halibut with Cauliflower mash, snow peas, buerre blanc, grilled lemon OR
Herb-Roasted Chicken Breast with Pecorino flan, broccolini, roasted tomato and caper sauce OR
Heart of Palm and Roasted Corn Cake with Saffron couscous, edamame, tomato and caper jam

Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by 3Cruisers
AA DFW-LHR
My choices are below. I don't eat fish and we all know how bad the beef can be (I have had great and terrible). And the chicken seems blah. Anyone had any luck with the Heart of Palm and Corn Cake? I haven't seen it listed anywhere before.

Filet Mignon with Caf de Paris butter, papas bravas, haricots verts OR Grilled Halibut with Cauliflower mash, snow peas, buerre blanc, grilled lemon OR
Herb-Roasted Chicken Breast with Pecorino flan, broccolini, roasted tomato and caper sauce OR
Heart of Palm and Roasted Corn Cake with Saffron couscous, edamame, tomato and caper jam
Please see below... Carfield recently posted a menu which listed that Heart of Palm and Roasted Corn Cake -might reach out to see if they have any feedback:

Originally Posted by Carfield
May 2019
American Airlines Flagship First Class
AA 951 New York JFK to Sao Paulo
AA 995 Miami to Sao Paulo

Menu
Todays menu selections are inspired by executive chef, award-winning cookbook author, television personality, and active philanthropist, Chef Maneet Chauhan.

Small Plates
Lobster Salad Deviled Eggs
Iberico ham, shaved manchego cheese
Or
Sundried Tomato Tartar
Farro salad, white balsamic vinaigrette, microgreens

Soup
Tomato and Lentil
Grilled cheese crouton

Salad
Boston Bibb Salad
Microgreens
Your choice of sweet potato and pepper vinaigrette or balsamic vinaigrette

Assorted gourmet breads will be served with your meal

Main Plates
Filet Mignon
Caf de Paris butter, papas bravas, haricots verts
Or
Grilled Halibut
Cauliflower mash, snow peas, buerre blanc, grilled lemon
Or
Herb-Roasted Chicken Breast
Pecorino flan, broccolini, roasted tomato and caper sauce
Or
Heart of Palm and Roasted Corn Cake
Saffron couscous, edamame, tomato and caper jam

Dessert
Traditional Ice Cream Sundae
Vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, butterscotch, seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream, pecans

Gourmet Cheese Board
Smoked Gouda, aged white cheddar, jalapeo pepper jack, medjool dates, strawberries, grapes

Warm Louisiana Praline Bread Pudding
Vanilla ice cream

Passion Fruit Mousse Cake
Flaky butter crust

Ready to relax? Ask for our premium turn-down service
Breakfast
Offered prior to arrival

Selections
Quiche Lorraine
Chicken sausage with sundried tomato and mozzarella, paprika potatoes

Fresh Fruit Bowl
Granola, Greek Yogurt

Warm breakfast breads and your choice of beverage

3Cls, First, JFK/MIA-GIG/GRU, Dinner Breakfast
73PM213 05/19 140F012-1

Wine List
Bubbles
Cattier Clos de Moulin Premier Cru Champagne, France

Whites
Trefethen Family Vineyards Estate Chardonnay Oak Knoll District, Napa Valley, California
Venica & Venica Talis Pinot Bianco Collio, Italy
Abbazia di Novacella Kerner Alto Adige Valle Isarco, Italy

Reds
Jayson by Pahlmeyer Red Wine Napa Valley, California
Heirloom Vineyards Alcala Grenache McLaren Vale, Australia
Luigi Bosca Gala 2 Cabernet Sauvignon/Cabernet Franc/Merlot, Mendoza, Argentina

Dessert Wine
De Bortoli DB Reserve Botrytis Semillon Riverina, Australia

Port
Portal Vintage Port, Portugal
FC Brazil Wine List
64OW8OO 05/19
Old Jun 19, 2019, 2:40 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
AA 997 DFW-EZE 1930-0752 (+1) 787-8

PDB of Water/OJ/Champagne in cheap, plastic glasses

Starter was good though I'd prefer a fattening salad dressing to oil and vinegar

Horribly overcooked steak, a number of people sent their's back

Nice to see a decent dessert option

Snacks on row 1

Halfway decent omelet
Old Jun 19, 2019, 2:43 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
AA 900 EZE-MIA 2050-0500 (+1) 777-200

PDB of OJ/Water/Champagne in cheap plastic glasses

The seafood dish was actually really good. One of the better AA entrees I've had

Ice cream with cookies was also tasty

Galley snacks

The potato frittata was tasteless and came out at 3:30 AM. The flight attendants also kept hovering over me trying to take the tray.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 5:12 pm

AA 192
HKG-LAX
77W

Business Class Menu

Warm Mixed Nuts

Pickled Lotus Root, edamame tahini, mushroom tapenade -and odd sweet & crunchy bits; not very good...

Seasonal Greens, with Chinese vinaigrette -yawn...

Sous Vide Chicken Breast, Shanghainese noodles, Brassica cabbage, sweet & spicy chili sauce -the chicken was moist and not too overly cooked, the sauce paired well with the chicken, and the cabbage was good BUT...
Those noodles had an odd flavor -perhaps molasses..?

Lychee Panna Cotta, persimmon mint slaw -enjoyed this as a light dessert; although pomegranate seeds & chocolate disk were not needed...

Slept thru those Mid-Flight Snacks, and forgot to take a picture before enjoying that Mango Smoothie..!

Traditional American Breakfast, scrambled eggs, unsmoked British bacon, roasted potatoes, herbed tomato; with pain au chocolat, fresh seasonal fruit and plain low fat yogurt...
HOT TIP: Bring your own packets of Tabasco or Sriracha to wake up AA's tired egg dishes!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.