Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

January 1, 2019 all account accrual values reset to ZERO & related

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2019, 4:01 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond

I printed a SCREEN-SHOT of my EQM, EQD, EQS page shortly before MIDNIGHT on Dec. 31, 2018. If I hadn't done that is there any way to now retrieve that info?
[I completed a return trip on December 31, 2018, its data was [i]not reflected in my year-end values of my screen-shot.]

Last edited by nrr; Jan 1, 2019 at 4:07 am
Old Jan 1, 2019, 5:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
I'm in the same situation, my flight yesterday is needed to cross into Plat ... I see they have a notice posted that they are performing updates
Old Jan 1, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: United Premier Platinum
Interestingly, my app still says I need just 12,000 EQDs to hit EXP. Guess that’s an update they haven’t made yet...
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Account overview EQD reset at 12k not the new 15K (1/1/2019)

Hello all,
The mileage marathon or for some a sprint restarts today. Looking at the mobile app everything is reset, as expected, to zero but what surprised me is that I was expecting to see the new $15,000 requirement for EXP EQD but instead it still showed 12k. Do you think that is because status continues until January 31st? I am more curious than anything else as that target is relatively easy for me with all my Atlantic pond crossings in business. Good luck to all and Happy New Year.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by phillieyogi
Hello all,
The mileage marathon or for some a sprint restarts today. Looking at the mobile app everything is reset, as expected, to zero but what surprised me is that I was expecting to see the new $15,000 requirement for EXP EQD but instead it still showed 12k. Do you think that is because status continues until January 31st? I am more curious than anything else as that target is relatively easy for me with all my Atlantic pond crossings in business. Good luck to all and Happy New Year.
Same $12k for me. I suspect it's a mistake and it will be corrected before end of week.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:56 am

That status runs through January has nothing to do with this as we are now in the 2019 qualifying year. This is simply a mistake that will be corrected.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:06 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
My flight from yesterday did not post yet. However, other than RDMs and miles towards stickers it didn't matter (short flight MIA/TPA-204 miles). Interestingly I checked in last night for a flight tonight and this morning the mobile app was no longer showing the flight. Called and they said everything is fine (worried if I was showing as not taking the outbound the return would have been cancelled.) Rechecked in using aa.com and was able to get a mobile BP.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
My flight from yesterday did not post yet. However, other than RDMs and miles towards stickers it didn't matter (short flight MIA/TPA-204 miles). Interestingly I checked in last night for a flight tonight and this morning the mobile app was no longer showing the flight. Called and they said everything is fine (worried if I was showing as not taking the outbound the return would have been cancelled.) Rechecked in using aa.com and was able to get a mobile BP.
What time was the flight? If it was an evening flight, often it takes until the second day to post.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Same here. Waiting for my Dec 31st flight to post and reflect my new status. It will probably happen tomorrow. I miss my counters ha ha
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
AA does a good/clean job of this each year, unlike some of the other travel providers.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:02 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if they are waiting until everything has posted from 2018 before making the change to $15k.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:57 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Even though I requalified for EXP (for 2019) with 17K EQD and 181K EQM, the values listed (as of 1/1/19) are for PLAT PRO requalification.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 1:04 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by nrr
Even though I requalified for EXP (for 2019) with 17K EQD and 181K EQM, the values listed (as of 1/1/19) are for PLAT PRO requalification.
You can change the qualifications to whatever level you'd like. When I logged into the app today it defaulted to EXP, while the AA website was gold.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
My status just updated. Usually it does it over night. Probably delayed by the system work they were doing!
Old Jan 1, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
When I click on progress to Exec Platinum the progress says $0 of $15k. My page appears correct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.