Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA involuntary reschedules flight tomorrow (28 Dec ‘18)...I arrive 48 hours later!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA involuntary reschedules flight tomorrow (28 Dec ‘18)...I arrive 48 hours later!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2018, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by JDiver
That changed again, iirc, effective 24 Jan 2018. AA and Delta Restore Interline / IROPS / OSO Agreement! 24 Jan 2018
However, recent reports seem to be that AA now has some sort of policy against rebooking non-elites on other airlines, so this is only helpful to some people.
Often1 likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 12:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Before taking a full day's delay, why not drive to SFO (Super Shuttle, Uber, a friend, and so on) and then fly SFO-LAX-AKL? I can't imagine that AA can't find space for you on one of its SFO-LAX services, it sells that route to AKL and it's a <2 hour drive to SFO.

AA won't pick up the tab to get you to SFO and don't gum up your chances by asking. But, even an Uber at $140 (including a decent tip) saves an entire day off what is currently a lousy routing and a delay. Other options likely a good deal less.

Before calling AA, I would suggest writing down the exact flight numbers.

As to the rebooking OA, someone posted AA's policy which is much more transperent and looks to length of delay, class of service, and status, rather than "nice agents" as a decision-tree.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
It's one thing to get rebooked on another carrier with AA IROPs, and quite something else in a weather event.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Originally Posted by Often1
Before taking a full day's delay, why not drive to SFO (Super Shuttle, Uber, a friend, and so on) and then fly SFO-LAX-AKL? I can't imagine that AA can't find space for you on one of its SFO-LAX services, it sells that route to AKL and it's a <2 hour drive to SFO.

AA won't pick up the tab to get you to SFO and don't gum up your chances by asking. But, even an Uber at $140 (including a decent tip) saves an entire day off what is currently a lousy routing and a delay. Other options likely a good deal less.

As to the rebooking OA, someone posted AA's policy which is much more transperent and looks to length of delay, class of service, and status, rather than "nice agents" as a decision-tree.
I reckon it's a lot more expensive than $140 to Uber from MTY to SFO.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 1:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Uncle Nonny
I reckon it's a lot more expensive than $140 to Uber from MTY to SFO.
Also, given that the passenger has already accepted rebooking 1 day later, it is likely too late - on top of that it seems likely too late to get a flight for today from MTY-AKL
Old Dec 28, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Also, given that the passenger has already accepted rebooking 1 day later, it is likely too late
I'm considering the fact that MTY is in Mexico.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Before taking a full day's delay, why not drive to SFO
r ≠ rr :: MRY ≠ MTY
JDiver, wrp96 and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 1:03 pm
Suspended

Question

...As to the rebooking OA, someone posted AA's policy which is much more transperent and looks to length of delay, class of service, and status, rather than "nice agents" as a decision-tree.
Originally Posted by jordyn
However, recent reports seem to be that AA now has some sort of policy against rebooking non-elites on other airlines, so this is only helpful to some people.
Half of me thinks this rings a bell and half doesn't recall having seen this; where was this reported?

EDIT TO ADD, ooops, found it!!!

wrp96 likes this.

Last edited by JonNYC; Dec 28, 2018 at 1:36 pm
Old Dec 28, 2018, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond

If he was in MRY, then it would be weird to route MRY-DFW-LAX-AKL as MRY to LAX would be much better than routing through DFW....
Of course, it is more logical to fly via DFW if in MTY.
Once, I was at DFW and saw flights to SJC, SJO, and SJD all in the same area. I wondered if anyone ended up in the wrong San Jose that day
Old Dec 28, 2018, 2:02 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by jordyn
That’s correct. Even lower level elites have apparently been excluded from endorsement to other airlines, as JonNYC points out above.

Unfortunately, weather issues like this weekend’s winds aloft and storm problems can have a significant knock on effect.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Originally Posted by delfindo
I am booked MTY-DFW-LAX-AKL tomorrow (28 Dec). Just received an email to say I am being re-timed to leave MTY on 30 Dec. This means I miss connecting travel in NZ, new years in NZ...what a mess. They claim this is cancelled because my DFW-LAX flight is cancelled but they leave every hour!
I'm confused. Flight Aware is showing no AA/Eagle cancellations MTY-DFW for Friday, 12-28-2018 (although the last plane is currently on a delay). There was an outright cancellation on Thursday, 2-27-2018.

We're you on American metal, or a codeshare operated by another carrier? Or do you mean the flight as booked was completely discontinued at some point? OR am I misreading something?
Old Dec 28, 2018, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by jayer
I'm confused. Flight Aware is showing no AA/Eagle cancellations MTY-DFW for Friday, 12-28-2018 (although the last plane is currently on a delay). There was an outright cancellation on Thursday, 2-27-2018.

We're you on American metal, or a codeshare operated by another carrier? Or do you mean the flight as booked was completely discontinued at some point? OR am I misreading something?
OP said his itinerary was canceled because DFW-LAX was canceled (probably AA574 today)
Old Dec 28, 2018, 6:15 pm

Rebook on another airline and cancel AA Booking.

Or use your miles and rebook and cancel orig booking.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 6:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Daytrader
Rebook on another airline and cancel AA Booking.

Or use your miles and rebook and cancel orig booking.
why? the OP will not get there much ( if at all) sooner on another airlline now, but could pay a lot more
Old Dec 28, 2018, 11:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Just a datum around the rebooking acom question...

AA cancelled DFW-SMF. Put me on DFW-LAX then on UA from LAX-SMF.

Originally AA rebooked me on all AA metal, then I called my travel agent to get me on an earlier flight home. I did stress that this one was on AA, the original cause of the cancel was a crew issue which AA said was their issue. Agent called AA, they said yes. FWIW- I am a PRO. This was an intl business ticket (D and I). MTY-DFW.SMF

Will hit EXP when I get ORC credit for this leg.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.