Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2017 HELP DESK: General questions re aircraft equipment, fleet, seats, IFE,

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2017 HELP DESK: General questions re aircraft equipment, fleet, seats, IFE,

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2017, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
Hi all

I posted this in its own thread but ... was told to look at the wiki here. However, I'm clearly an idiot as I don't know which 772 seat is on my flight from LHR and I can't find any difinitive suggestions on which seats are best for each flight. So here's my question;

Looking for some advice on seating. Planning to fly LHR-JFK with my partner in Nov in J. It's currently scheduled as 772. What would be best for 2 people travelling?

On the way back we're in Y but as BA Silver we get complimentary MCE. It's currently down as 77W. Again, seat suggestions would be great

Thanks guys

If the 772 has the following 2-3-2 then you are on the older config plane if the 772 has the following 1-2-1 the plane has the newer config. The 77W will have 1-2-1 and if you can get the mini cabin between 1st and L2 that is a nice place.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
If the 772 has the following 2-3-2 then you are on the older config plane if the 772 has the following 1-2-1 the plane has the newer config. The 77W will have 1-2-1 and if you can get the mini cabin between 1st and L2 that is a nice place.
It's a nice place, but since OP's in Y, (s)he won't have access to it.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 10:14 am

What sort of 757 Business from GLA-Philadelphia?

Hi all,

What sort of business class seat is there on the TATL ex-Glasgow AA 757?

Looking for prices for July/August from Glasgow to Denver and there seems to be a deal on where Business is only a very small amount more than Coach.

Best flights for me would be the GLA-PHL-DEN on AA - but it is the same price on Air France or KLM. My wife would much prefer going via Paris or Amsterdam than put up with just a comfy recliner on AA (especially on the return leg)

Many thanks
Old Mar 14, 2017, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
This summer, GLA-PHL looks to be operated by ex-US TATL 757's....2×2 with 3 rows in business of old recliners. This is not even a slanted lie-flat product, hands down AA's worst long haul business class seat.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by flygod
Best flights for me would be the GLA-PHL-DEN on AA - but it is the same price on Air France or KLM. My wife would much prefer going via Paris or Amsterdam than put up with just a comfy recliner on AA (especially on the return leg)

Many thanks
Taking into account that prices are the same, I don't see any reason why you ask or post when clearly the highlighted part is the answer. Happy wife, happy trip, happy life.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 11:09 am

Hi arollins,

What I meant was wife would rather fly direct to/from GLA on a flat-bed (which I had hoped AA offered, and I think Delta offers).

AMS or CDG were the second choice!

To be fair: what she really wants to do is disappear from Scotland and reappear in Denver like a magic fairy to witness the birth of our first grandchild!
Old Mar 14, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by flygod
Hi arollins,

What I meant was wife would rather fly direct to/from GLA on a flat-bed (which I had hoped AA offered, and I think Delta offers).

AMS or CDG were the second choice!

To be fair: what she really wants to do is disappear from Scotland and reappear in Denver like a magic fairy to witness the birth of our first grandchild!
Unfortunately, it looks AA does not offer lay flat on your routing. Like I mentioned, with $ being the same, best to go with the better product/routing and convenience. good luck and congrats.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: AA: Life time PLT; HH Diamond
Wondering if the AA service EDI-JFK is a better/newer 757 plane? Then connect at JFK...
Old Mar 14, 2017, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by wemyss
Wondering if the AA service EDI-JFK is a better/newer 757 plane? Then connect at JFK...
That's a(n) LAA 75L. This can be either a fully flat (B/E diamond) or the old angle-flat (NGBC) seat. Quite a few 75Ls have the fully flat seat already, so the chance of getting one keeps getting likelier.

Last edited by Djokison; Mar 14, 2017 at 12:09 pm
Old Mar 17, 2017, 2:03 pm

Pardon some dumb questions here.

It seems that AA.com doesn't have as advanced a search like Delta.com for things like: Lie flat seats, IFE, etc.

So I'm trying to search Award tickets to Hawaii. Ideally I'd like Lie flat on the return trip (since they leave at night).

I'm guessing I either have to manually search or use Google Flights thingy?

(I really wish AA had a better site like Delta, so things like e-vouchers instead of paper vouchers, etc. but it is what it is).

Thank you.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by hurnik

It seems that AA.com doesn't have as advanced a search like Delta.com for things like: Lie flat seats, IFE, etc.

So I'm trying to search Award tickets to Hawaii. Ideally I'd like Lie flat on the return trip (since they leave at night).

(I really wish AA had a better site like Delta, so things like e-vouchers instead of paper vouchers, etc. but it is what it is).

Thank you.
If the flight goes to DFW, it'll have angle lie flat or fully flat seats. Any other flight; regular seats.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you.
Hawaii is easy.

DFW-HNL and DFW-OGG on the 777/767 are the only routes to Hawaii with lie-flat seats (or slanted lie-flat if you get an older NGBC equipped plane, which are being phased out).

LAX-Hawaii and PHX-Hawaii routes are run by 321's or 757's with normal domestic first class seats.

Good luck finding sAAver level F awards on any of the above routes on AA metal.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Hawaii is easy.

DFW-HNL and DFW-OGG on the 777/767 are the only routes to Hawaii with lie-flat seats (or slanted lie-flat if you get an older NGBC equipped plane, which are being phased out).

LAX-Hawaii and PHX-Hawaii routes are run by 321's or 757's with normal domestic first class seats.

Thank you very much! Yeah, I noticed that the few flights with "saver" were using Alaska Air and those were economy (really?). Oh well.

right now, even with "first anywhere/anytime" it seems that AA.com refuses to route me through DFW or OGG (or DFW to LAX and LAX to HNL). May have to get an award booking company to figure out how to force a particular flight segment when trying to book. I'm just using my lack of knowledge to enter source/destination (haha) airports and see what AA.com comes up with.

It's not nice like Delta where you can specify which connecting airports to route through.

Thanks again though!
Old Mar 17, 2017, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you very much! Yeah, I noticed that the few flights with "saver" were using Alaska Air and those were economy (really?). Oh well.

right now, even with "first anywhere/anytime" it seems that AA.com refuses to route me through DFW or OGG (or DFW to LAX and LAX to HNL). May have to get an award booking company to figure out how to force a particular flight segment when trying to book. I'm just using my lack of knowledge to enter source/destination (haha) airports and see what AA.com comes up with.

It's not nice like Delta where you can specify which connecting airports to route through.

Thanks again though!
Use the multi-city booking feature to force a connection in DFW, then put the flights on hold...aa.com will price each segment separately, but after you have the itinerary on hold, call AA, and they will reprice it correctly.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Hawaii is easy.

Ah, I see what the issue is now. The DFW-HNL flights leave by like 10:50 a.m. at the latest. Can't get from ALB to DFW before 11:50 or thereabouts, so that's why I'm not able to get the outbound to HNL via DFW. Good news is on the return trip, it's doable.

I'll have to check OGG though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.