Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2017 HELP DESK: General questions re aircraft equipment, fleet, seats, IFE,

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2017 HELP DESK: General questions re aircraft equipment, fleet, seats, IFE,

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2017, 7:13 pm

Programs: A few here and there
I don't know about DFW-SAN but depending on the flight to DFW-SFO you may be on an "ill equipped former US A321" I believe the last flight to SFO is a former US bird and the 1:20pm to DFW is as well. There is a lot of crossfleeting going on now. If the plane says "sharklets" its a LAA plane, if not then a LUS plane.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by dlen111
Is there any substantial difference in FC service between mid-co and transcon? all starting in RSW. From what I understand, CLT-CA are operated by the ill equipped former US A321's???

Being a former CO guy, I always chose the IAH connection vs a 5+ hour flight to the west coast.

Thanks.
See wiki here: choice of cheese plate or made-to-order sundae for dessert on lunch and dinner flights over 2200 miles (i.e., CLT-SFO but not CLT-SAN). In addition, CLT-SFO typically serves dinner even for departures after 8pm.

However, going through DFW you may be able to get a meal on both flights.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 7:33 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by Drunkmuppet
I don't know about DFW-SAN but depending on the flight to DFW-SFO you may be on an "ill equipped former US A321" I believe the last flight to SFO is a former US bird and the 1:20pm to DFW is as well. There is a lot of crossfleeting going on now. If the plane says "sharklets" its a LAA plane, if not then a LUS plane.
The US A321 plane might be ill equipped compared to the LAA airbus, but I'll bet a penny to a pound (or a dollar I guess) that the LUS FAs will provide a hell of a lot better service than the LAA crew. I can overcome the shortcomings of the LUS aircraft with a USB battery pack and an iPad loaded with videos, but I can't compensate for the LAA inflight service.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Reetmafreen
LUS FAs will provide a hell of a lot better service than the LAA crew.
Agreed!
Old Jul 30, 2017, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Reetmafreen
The US A321 plane might be ill equipped compared to the LAA airbus, but I'll bet a penny to a pound (or a dollar I guess) that the LUS FAs will provide a hell of a lot better service than the LAA crew. I can overcome the shortcomings of the LUS aircraft with a USB battery pack and an iPad loaded with videos, but I can't compensate for the LAA inflight service.
I'm not the first one to say this, and I agree 1000%. I have an USB battery large enough to take care of my iphone and ipad if needed, but service is what counts
Old Oct 2, 2017, 5:57 pm

AA49 CDG-DFW Plane ?

Delta Elite who came into some AA miles and is trying to use them next March. Booked what was originally the 787-9 on this routing, but was changed to what is now a 772 per the website.

I have read and re-read the thorough, but rather confusing 777 threads and still cannot figure out if this is a good plane with the B/A Aerospace seats or if i should ditch this flight and look for alternates.

Any help would be appreciated.

AA 49
3/29/18
Old Oct 2, 2017, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by abox03
Delta Elite who came into some AA miles and is trying to use them next March. Booked what was originally the 787-9 on this routing, but was changed to what is now a 772 per the website.

I have read and re-read the thorough, but rather confusing 777 threads and still cannot figure out if this is a good plane with the B/A Aerospace seats or if i should ditch this flight and look for alternates.

Any help would be appreciated.

AA 49
3/29/18

The easiest way to tell is by using the seating chart when you select your seat. If the J seat map shows a 2-3-2 configuration than it is the old angle flat seat (though I don’t think there are many of those left).

If it is a 1-2-1 configuration with seats that face both front and back then it is the Zodiac seat. The seat map will designate which seats are rear facing, they also have a white triangle pointing down at the top of the blue seat for the rear facing rows.

If the seat map is 1-2-1 and each unselected seat is showing as a full blue square then it is the 772 with the B/E seats. There will also be no mention of rear facing seats in the key above the seat map.

Hope this explanation makes sense.

Last edited by AlwaysSunnyInORD; Oct 2, 2017 at 7:19 pm
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta GM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I prefer the B/A Aerospace over the Zodiac, you don't have to deal with the movement of the connected seats.

Equipment swaps on international itineraries are considered schedule changes, so if you want you can look for a re-route, but would have to connect through one of the other hubs.

Also all the 3- Class 777 have been converted or are getting converted as we speak, so you don't have to worry about that.

Last edited by rfett2; Oct 2, 2017 at 7:02 pm Reason: Update
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyInORD
The easiest way to tell is by using the seating chart when you select your seat. If the J seat map shows a 2-3-2 configuration than it is the old angle flat seat (though I don’t think there are many of those left).

If it is a 1-2-1 configuration with seats that face both front and back then it is the Zodiac seat. The seat map will designate which seats are rear facing, they also have a white triangle pointing down at the top of the blue seat for the rear facing rows.

If the seat map is 1-2-1 and each unelected seat is showing as a full blue square then it is the 772 with the B/E seats. There will also be no mention of rear facing seats in the key above the seat map.

Hope this explanation makes sense.
THANK YOU!!

Much more simple than what I've read. There are just solid blue squares in a 1-2-1.

Thanks again.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:59 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyInORD
None of those are left; however, there are two versions of the reconfigured planes, some have 45 J seats and the others have 37 seats, both in 1-2-1 configuration. I don't know which are the B/E Aerospace and which are the Zodiac (the connected alternating front/back facing seats which move when your neighbor does).
Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by TWA884
None of those are left; however, there are two versions of the reconfigured planes, some have 45 J seats and the others have 37 seats, both in 1-2-1 configuration. I don't know which are the B/E Aerospace and which are the Zodiac (the connected alternating front/back facing seats which move when your neighbor does).
All Hi-J 772s have Zodiac seats and some (I believe 10, though it might've been 6) Lo-J 772s have the Zodiac seats as well. The rest are all B/E seats.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 5:46 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Djokison
All Hi-J 772s have Zodiac seats and some (I believe 10, though it might've been 6) Lo-J 772s have the Zodiac seats as well. The rest are all B/E seats.
Thanks.

I just located the definitive thread on the B777-200ER retrofit:
The wikipost has the details of the three business class configurations and links to threads discussing the different versions of the businees class seating (13 planes with 45 Zodiac seats, 6 with 37 Zodiac seats and 28 with 37 B/E Aerospace Super Diamond Solo seats - the Zodiac seating alternates forward and back facing rows, the B/E seats are all forward facing).
Old Oct 5, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by JDiver
Changes coming to 757-200 fleet as of April 2018:

Boeing 757-2S7 (originally America West) "West" LUS aircraft on lease and operated as "B57H" in mainland - Hawaii service will be returned to the lessor in 2018; the aircraft have been committed to other airlines.

Boeing B757-2B7 (originally US Air / US Airways) "East" LUS flying transatlantic as "B57E" between PHL and GLA, LIS and SNN, with 2 x 2 angled flat "Envoy" seats will be redeployed to fill for the departing B57H aircraft on PXH - Hawaii flights beginning April 2018.
It appears that for many dates in November and December, one of the daily PHL-LAS-PHL flights (2252) has been changed to the 757 (listed as Boeing 757, not Boeing 752), as opposed to the steady dose of PMUS A321s usually on that route. If I understand this thread and the seat map on the AA website correctly, I believe this version of the 757 is one of usual TATL 757s equipped with lie flat (or angled lie flat) seats in F (seat map shows 16 F seats in rows 1-4 followed by 9 rows of MCE). Am I correct that this F cabin features some type of lie-flat? If so, I would definitely arrange my schedule to make sure I caught these as opposed to the 321. Thanks!
Old Oct 11, 2017, 11:27 am

752 jfk-dub

Hi all

Im looking to fly to JFK from DUB next April in J. Traditionally I go via LHR with BA or AA but the direct flight, preclearance etc are making me consider the 752

I know that the number of transatlantic routes seeing the 752 next year is being reduced. What’s the chances of one of the updated 752s?
Old Oct 11, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
High chance of an updated 752 with lie flats. Most, if not all, non-lie flat 752s will be retired in late 2017 or early 2018.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.