Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

No More Tooth Brushes at Admirals Clubs (Dec 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2018, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond

I recently used the AC at DFW (A) after arriving off of a redeye and realized I had forgotten/lost my toothbrush. I asked for one before getting to my shower and the staff said they had one left, and no more have been ordered as part of cost cuts. They were not happy about it and kind of ripped on the fact that a number of these small cuts were underway, while the price of the club membership was going up.

I know this is a first world problem, but thought I'd share anyway.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 3:36 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Wow. I take showers in Admirals Clubs all the time and didn't realize you could ask for toothbrushes. Are/were there additional amenities that one could ask for?
Old Dec 22, 2018, 7:37 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
Wow. I take showers in Admirals Clubs all the time and didn't realize you could ask for toothbrushes. Are/were there additional amenities that one could ask for?
Used to be toothbrushes, toothpaste, razors, and shaving cream. Another Parker cut. No surprise given Parker seems to think showers are a not needed "luxury." (Given PHL and CLT still lack those.)
JDiver likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 8:16 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Next: remove toilet paper rolls and have a contract attendant on commission sell paper towel squares and packets of TP in the bathrooms. Coin meters on the shower hot water supply.

Maybe they’ve promoted the “remove olives from the salads” guy?

Same mentality that went for the 8 kg Meridian instead of the 10 kg Pinnacle for Project Awaysis.
fotographer likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
AA is not the only airline removing showers from their clubs.
UA's United Clubs have all been stripped of showers (as well as closet lockers for storage of luggage/handbags.).

If you want a shower, get an Amex Plat card and go to a Centurion club (although I am uncertain as to whether they supply toothbrushes or not.)
Old Dec 22, 2018, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
I had no idea this was even something we could ask for.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 1:53 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by radonc1
UA's United Clubs have all been stripped of showers (as well as closet lockers for storage of luggage/handbags.).

If you want a shower, get an Amex Plat card and go to a Centurion club (although I am uncertain as to whether they supply toothbrushes or not.)
Actually, American Airlines is adding showers to some of its Clubs, not removing them. It’s removing tooth brushes from the Clubs.
aztimm, LovePrunes and MJonTravel like this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 5:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
I wish they'd remove people using Facetime from the AC.
LovePrunes and blitzkriegs like this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 5:44 am

If you want a shower, get an Amex Plat card and go to a Centurion club
I've never checked shower availability at a Centurion club, but if it's like anything else at those clubs, I'd write it off as nonexistent due to crowding.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Well in LHR, at BA offers shaving/brushes ect, and they ask if you need some too
Old Dec 23, 2018, 7:21 am

there are hardly any centurion clubs.

the shower is the best feature of the lounge...everything else you can find in the terminal.
enviroian and newyorkgeorge like this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by footballfanatic

there are hardly any centurion clubs.

the shower is the best feature of the lounge...everything else you can find in the terminal.
Please. You cannot find those "cheese" cubes in exactly the same three "flavors" since 1932 anywhere else in any terminal.
dddc likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
The Centurion Lounge does offer toothbrushes, razors, and shaving cream upon request. Availability is better with more showers in the DFW club now, but as pointed out, the Centurion lounges are still small in number compared to Admirals Clubs and often crowded. Amenities aside, I am VERY GRATEFUL that AA is adding and still offers showers in their clubs, and is a major reason I have an Admirals Club membership as opposed to a United Club membership.

The new showers in the A Concourse in DFW are adequate, but man do I miss the old powerful multi-angle showers in the old pre-renevation club. Those were the best showers out of any club that I've ever been to across the world, and better than most hotel showers.
LovePrunes, Antarius and JDiver like this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat

The new showers in the A Concourse in DFW are adequate, but man do I miss the old powerful multi-angle showers in the old pre-renevation club. Those were the best showers out of any club that I've ever been to across the world, and better than most hotel showers.
Damn. DIdn't realize they had "enhanced" those showers away. Will miss them.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 1:41 pm

man do I miss the old powerful multi-angle showers in the old pre-renevation club. Those were the best showers out of any club that I've ever been to across the world, and better than most hotel showers.
Those were truly incredible and capable of blasting away a day's worth of being outside in Texas in the summer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.