Domestic Routes Business Lie-Flat Seats

Old Dec 21, 18, 8:13 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Austin TX
Programs: AA EXE Plantinum, DL Sky Member,Hilton Diamond,Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,Avis President Club
Posts: 137
Domestic Routes Business Lie-Flat Seats

Do we have list somewhere or Link on how to get all the US domestic routes where American offers Business Lie-Flat Seats. I know few routes DFW-OGG (1 flight) or DFW-LAS (1 fight) or LAX-MIA (1 flight) . I have link for American Fleet site but it does not give you which route information its being operated (or I am not looking at the correct place).
rajhyd99 is offline  
Old Dec 21, 18, 8:28 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: PHX
Programs: AA PLT, Ent PLT
Posts: 57
https://thepointsguy.com/guides/fly-...-domestically/
atbPy likes this.
Tommy Two Thumbs is offline  
Old Dec 21, 18, 8:41 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Austin TX
Programs: AA EXE Plantinum, DL Sky Member,Hilton Diamond,Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,Avis President Club
Posts: 137
Originally Posted by Tommy Two Thumbs View Post
thank you very much for Link
rajhyd99 is offline  
Old Dec 21, 18, 8:41 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Chicago
Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 112
jvel is offline  
Old Dec 21, 18, 8:49 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: DFW
Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond
Posts: 63
Originally Posted by Tommy Two Thumbs View Post
That's a good list, but it does exclude the international 757s that circulate domestically. I was on one of those a couple months ago from DFW to MIA. I expected to be underwhelmed, but was not other than the BYO IFE.
Close2KADS is offline  
Old Dec 21, 18, 9:25 pm
  #6  
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NorCal - SMF area
Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Posts: 62,789
Right here on FlyerTalk, in the HELP DESK: General questions re aircraft equipment, fleet, seats, IFE, etc. thread, this post (#2), “Aircraft offering horizontally flat-lying seats”.
JDiver is offline  
Old Dec 21, 18, 10:04 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus
Posts: 49
I had a confirmed upgrade on a 788 on the DFW-ORD route but my plane out of AUS was delayed. My next chance is on the PHL-CLT Airbus 332 route. I was surprised that equipment is on that route. I have never been on a 330 so get to check that one of my list.

Great resources here, bookmarked them all.
JDiver likes this.
atbPy is offline  
Old Dec 21, 18, 11:06 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: PHL (kinda, no airport is really close)
Programs: AA Exp (2020 is first and last year). Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Posts: 3,364
Originally Posted by atbPy View Post
I had a confirmed upgrade on a 788 on the DFW-ORD route but my plane out of AUS was delayed. My next chance is on the PHL-CLT Airbus 332 route. I was surprised that equipment is on that route. I have never been on a 330 so get to check that one of my list.

Great resources here, bookmarked them all.
You'll have a decent chance on PHL-CLT. On the longer routes, J is often sold out to paying pax.
atbPy likes this.
redtop43 is offline  
Old Dec 22, 18, 9:03 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Programs: AA Plat, DL Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 349
The above resources are the best. 757’s also fly between many hubs from DFW eastward (MIA, DFW, JFK, CLT, MCO, ORD to name a few). Avoid the ones out of PHX which are not lie flat.

I would add to resources to search for lie flats the Legroom Chrome extention for google flights. Once you install it and search business/flight class flights you can quickly spot which flights are on what plane and if they have lie flats without having to expand each option individually. https://www.google.com/amp/s/thepoin...extension/amp/
atbPy likes this.
HiAperture is offline  
Old Dec 22, 18, 6:06 pm
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Denver, CO, USA
Programs: Proud Charter Member of the OUM
Posts: 23,377
Originally Posted by HiAperture View Post
The above resources are the best. 757’s also fly between many hubs from DFW eastward (MIA, DFW, JFK, CLT, MCO, ORD to name a few). Avoid the ones out of PHX which are not lie flat.

I would add to resources to search for lie flats the Legroom Chrome extention for google flights. Once you install it and search business/flight class flights you can quickly spot which flights are on what plane and if they have lie flats without having to expand each option individually. https://www.google.com/amp/s/thepoin...extension/amp/
I tried this with my Chrome, and it showed up on first search, but when I changed from UK to US display, it disappeared.

It's a minor feature at best, because this info is displayed in Firefox and, I assume, other browsers. You just have to <horrors!> click once on the Details of the flight that you're curious about.
DenverBrian is offline  
Old Dec 22, 18, 6:47 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Programs: AA Plat, DL Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 349
Originally Posted by DenverBrian View Post
I tried this with my Chrome, and it showed up on first search, but when I changed from UK to US display, it disappeared.

It's a minor feature at best, because this info is displayed in Firefox and, I assume, other browsers. You just have to <horrors!> click once on the Details of the flight that you're curious about.
Interesting, I will have to install Firefox again and see what it looks like on there.

I find the extension really nice for spotting a particular plane when there are a lot of results, as you don't have to click and expand each option. It can save a lot of time, and there isn't really a downside to it,.

Default view:

With Legroom Extension:
HiAperture is offline  
Old Dec 22, 18, 6:53 pm
  #12  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Denver, CO, USA
Programs: Proud Charter Member of the OUM
Posts: 23,377
Originally Posted by HiAperture View Post
Interesting, I will have to install Firefox again and see what it looks like on there.

I find the extension really nice for spotting a particular plane when there are a lot of results, as you don't have to click and expand each option. It can save a lot of time, and there isn't really a downside to it,.

Default view:

With Legroom Extension:
Saves a lot of time? Um, yeah, er, no. (Maybe a few seconds.)

Indeed, your bottom graphic is what I saw on Chrome after installing the extension; but I was on VPN so saw money amounts in pounds, and when I switched to United States, the Chrome extension disappeared.
DenverBrian is offline  
Old Dec 22, 18, 7:03 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus
Posts: 49
Originally Posted by HiAperture View Post
The above resources are the best. 757’s also fly between many hubs from DFW eastward (MIA, DFW, JFK, CLT, MCO, ORD to name a few). Avoid the ones out of PHX which are not lie flat.

I would add to resources to search for lie flats the Legroom Chrome extention for google flights. Once you install it and search business/flight class flights you can quickly spot which flights are on what plane and if they have lie flats without having to expand each option individually. https://www.google.com/amp/s/thepoin...extension/amp/
This is an awesome chrome extension! I wish it worked on the flight matrix. Maybe I will use some of my time off during the holidays to make a version for that too.
atbPy is offline  
Old Dec 22, 18, 7:31 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Programs: AA Plat, DL Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 349
Originally Posted by DenverBrian View Post
Saves a lot of time? Um, yeah, er, no. (Maybe a few seconds.)

Indeed, your bottom graphic is what I saw on Chrome after installing the extension; but I was on VPN so saw money amounts in pounds, and when I switched to United States, the Chrome extension disappeared.
I guess I am kind of a crazy nerd about looking for flights. If there are a few direct options sure, each enough to click a few boxes, but when looking at more complex routing it can make spotting the needle in the haystack easier.

platbrownguy likes this.
HiAperture is offline  
Old Dec 22, 18, 7:33 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Programs: AA Plat, DL Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 349
Originally Posted by atbPy View Post
This is an awesome chrome extension! I wish it worked on the flight matrix. Maybe I will use some of my time off during the holidays to make a version for that too.
At least in flight matrix you can search by aircraft type but if you can do that more info is always great. I also like flightsfrom.com. I find their database isn't 100% accurate, but you can search for all routes from a particular airport being flown by aircraft types. So pick an airport, select all widebody jets from the menus, select the time you are flying, and boom.
HiAperture is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: