Old Dec 21, 2018, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by JSSAUCE
7.5x round the world, top 2% of CK
Similar:
7x around the world and top 2% of CK.

JSSAUCE likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond
At 84K BIS/ 117 EQMs, no % for me. Also interesting to see the number of upgrades. On 80 EQS I have 30+ upgrades. Subtracting the flights booked in F/J, my upgrade percentage looks to be around 50%. Such is life being EXP at DFW.
Final thought here: I haven't seen anyone posting about EQDs or percentages. The only $ figures listed are for bag-check savings. Either AA isn't reminding us how much all this costs, or the ones getting this information aren't sharing.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 10:05 am

209 hours flown
4.5X RTW (122K miles BIS by my calculations)
8 destinations visited
Dallas Vienna Frankfurt - most visited destinations
DFW-FRA (5,143 miles) longest flight
Boeing 777 - aircraft most flown
Top 15% of CKs.
469K bonus miles from elite status
London Paris Rome - top 3 intl award destinations for CKs
15+ upgrades
$760 bag fee savings
Old Dec 21, 2018, 10:18 am

Programs: OWS - AA Lifetime Platinum, BA nobody (blue)
91 hours
2.5x RTW (actually 50,000 flown miles, 67,000 EQM)
4 destinations (wrong)
top 4% EXP (this is wild -- at 67,000 EQM and 7000 EQD I will be dropping to Plat for next year)
Old Dec 21, 2018, 10:49 am

I think the 'top %' metric is wrong based on what I'm reading here.

I did around 250K EQM as a CK and my email said Top 10% of all CK, which doesn't seem logical to me unless a huge percentage of CK's are to travel influencers who don't travel much. I would think that of the 'earned' CK members, a large portion (perhaps even the majority) are in the 250K+ EQM range.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: AA CK EXP 3MM, National EE, Hertz Plat
Originally Posted by dave_261

I did around 250K EQM as a CK and my email said Top 10% of all CK, which doesn't seem logical to me unless a huge percentage of CK's are to travel influencers who don't travel much. I would think that of the 'earned' CK members, a large portion (perhaps even the majority) are in the 250K+ EQM range.
What is the % being calculated from? Is it actual miles flown or with the multiplier for Y/J/F ect. I am over 250K
Old Dec 21, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: UA1K, 1MM,AA Exec. Platinum, Global Entry, Nexus
And one more thing.....

They forgot to include the following statement:

"As payment for your loyalty and hard earned money spent with AA, we want to reward you will greater seat density, less seat pitch and state of the art lavs where you are guaranteed to only get half of your body thru the door." These were features all of our frequent flyers and highest tiered elites clamored for and we at AA have heard you. At AA we listen to our best customers.

Now my email is completed. How many of you got this in your email??
limeyx and AA100k like this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: AA Explat, UA former 1K + PremExec, DL
I think it's clear that Top % is meant to be based on miles flown, not EQM

While at the same time it's not surprising that there may be a few glitches in individual calculations. I wonder what the causes of these glitches might be?

For those who don't appear to fit the pattern, is your status level changing next year? I wonder if that is it.

JSSAUCE and HLCinCOU like this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA PPro, 1MM
I got 3.5x and top 5% (EXP). Last year those numbers were 4.5x and 23%. Believable?
Old Dec 21, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat, WN A-List Preferred
Originally Posted by PandaSoPink
Im in the top 17% of platinums based on miles flown.... And I've flown 65,000. Is their math off here, how many miles is that one trip you have left?
10,000 From Plat Pro. they keep sending me emails to buy up to the next level.
1428 miles PHL-AUS.

50048 was my EQM which most years is the same as miles flown but I just remembered I did a premium economy to Brazil. So that's maybe 5000 miles due to a multiplier...maybe that factors in somehow.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by george 3
I saw a tweet on Twitter that said their social media team is aware of it and working on a solution.

This being said, I think it was a very cool AA initiative - the comments on Twitter have generally been very positive in the random times I've seen tweets over the last few days. No millenial whining.
I reported it to AA as soon as I got the original email yesterday and they said they were going to forward it to AAdvantage.

I got an email from their Chief Privacy Officer this afternoon, seemingly sent to all members who clicked the share link, and just received a call to notify me that they inadvertently shared private information and that corporate security is going to monitor my account for fraudulent activity as a result. Seems they’ve resolved the issue and are taking it seriously.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by dave_261

I think this might be based on actual miles, as opposed to EQM. FWIW -- I am at 310K EQM and was told I'm top 1% of CK. A colleague who barely has 50K EQM is top 19% of CK.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by ikwia
I think this might be based on actual miles, as opposed to EQM. FWIW -- I am at 310K EQM and was told I'm top 1% of CK. A colleague who barely has 50K EQM is top 19% of CK.
Regardless of actual miles or EQM... you know a CK who has 50K EQM (which is just getting into PLT territory), and is in the top 19% of CK.

That makes zero sense to me, unless literally 3/4 of the CK members are 1) travel influencers who really don't fly all that much, or 2) corporate execs at big AA customers who fly private or other airlines but have CK 'just in case'.

With probably just a few exceptions, any 'earned' CK members are pulling at least 150K EQM's, and likely 200K+ is really the starting point.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:57 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by PandaSoPink
Im in the top 17% of platinums based on miles flown.... And I've flown 65,000. Is their math off here, how many miles is that one trip you have left?

10,000 From Plat Pro. they keep sending me emails to buy up to the next level.
Mine and yours don't jive:
280 hours
4.5x around the world
Top 17% of ExPlat with 137k EQM so far so 2x your mileage but the same % 🤔

My most exciting stat is $17k in bag savings so far 😂
Old Dec 21, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat | UA Gld | DL Gld
Originally Posted by fanger

HAHA I love this, effort put in.

Yes, conclusion it must be based on actual miles.
Most of my EQM's come from J class flights to Asia and Europe > Actual Miles flown.

Last edited by PandaSoPink; Dec 21, 2018 at 4:19 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.