Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

SFO-MIA Route B767 / 763 Domestic First Class Questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2018, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Flying over the holidays from CA to FL. Picked this flight as it has lay seating for 5.5 hours. Shocked at below and if someone can give me a honest answer on a few things much appreciated.
1. Entertainment-Will AA give an ipad or supply my own

2. Seating-Will AA have casper pillows for the flight?

3. Should I just get my own food in the terminal? I think what is below as the menu is horrible. Not asking for top notch items like on an international flight or transcon but a salad or noodles plate come on. Asian veggie option is available any thoughts?

SFO to MIA
  • Tex Mex Salad Tex Mex Salad
    romaine, roasted corn, black beans, tomato and cotija cheese with a side of grilled Adobo chicken
  • Chow Mein Noodle Bowl Chow Mein Noodle Bowl selected for XXX for SFO to MIA
    with stir fried vegetables and miso glaze
  • AVAILABLE BY PRE-ORDER ONLY - Fruit and Cheese Plate AVAILABLE BY PRE-ORDER ONLY - Fruit and Cheese Plate selected for <name redacted for privacy> for SFO to MIA
    fresh grapes and berries with assorted cheeses

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 20, 2018 at 5:22 pm Reason: removed personal information
Old Dec 20, 2018, 2:35 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by ADeutsch
3. Should I just get my own food in the terminal? I think what is below as the menu is horrible. Not asking for top notch items like on an international flight or transcon but a salad or noodles plate come on. Asian veggie option is available any thoughts?

SFO to MIA
  • Tex Mex Salad Tex Mex Salad
    romaine, roasted corn, black beans, tomato and cotija cheese with a side of grilled Adobo chicken
  • Chow Mein Noodle Bowl Chow Mein Noodle Bowl selected for <redacted for privacy> for SFO to MIA
  • AVAILABLE BY PRE-ORDER ONLY - Fruit and Cheese Plate AVAILABLE BY PRE-ORDER ONLY - Fruit and Cheese Plate selected for <redacted for privacy> for SFO to MIA
    fresh grapes and berries with assorted cheeses

Best asked here:

Last edited by TWA884; Dec 20, 2018 at 6:07 pm Reason: Name redacted for privacy
Old Dec 20, 2018, 2:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Yes (and at least "should") on items 1 and 2. Its airline food. If you want quality American Airlines isn't it. You could go for the cheese plate and bring a small snack on board if you get hungry later.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat, A3 Gold
I was pleasantly surprised to get Casper bedding flying JFK-SEA on a 738. Granted it was standard domestic F seating, but the pillow and blanket to make a considerable difference. Hopefully the same on MIA-SFO.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
That menu actually sounds decent. I'd prefer the noodle bowl to the lasagna option that seems to regularly surface.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Yup. This is standard domestic F. Nothing at all special beyond any other F flight with meal service. The only TCONs with Flagship service are JFK-SFO/LAX and BOS-LAX. The fact that it is a widebody does not affect the other aspects of the service.

As to the food, nobody here can advise you as it's a matter of taste. But, if those choices don't meet your needs then you should, of course, bring something you like. Or go hungry.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
I have flown B767 ORD-MIA many times. There are no iPads, no Casper bedding (standard AA domstric blanket) but the food is okay.

Inwould say if AA provides Casper on the regular A321 SFO-MIA, then it should be available on the 767. Otherwise probably not.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by ADeutsch
  • Chow Mein Noodle Bowl Chow Mein Noodle Bowl selected for <your name> for SFO to MIA
You may want to edit your post Now we know you selected the Chow Mien bowl

PS: Try ordering the Hindu meal if you like spicy Indian food. It's usually a vegetarian option (I don't think AA has a different domestic meal for HNML (Hindu Meal) and AVML (Asian Vegetarian Meal)).
Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:09 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 75K, AA EXP, United 1K
Originally Posted by Often1
Yup. This is standard domestic F. Nothing at all special beyond any other F flight with meal service. The only TCONs with Flagship service are JFK-SFO/LAX and BOS-LAX. The fact that it is a widebody does not affect the other aspects of the service.

As to the food, nobody here can advise you as it's a matter of taste. But, if those choices don't meet your needs then you should, of course, bring something you like. Or go hungry.
last time I flew SFO-MIA on a red eye (32b IIRC earlier this year) there was Casper bedding which I wasn’t expecting but I believe is standard for the route. Not sure if they have continued that but wouldn’t be surprised.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Per Newsroom - American Airlines and Casper Help Travelers Dream Big With New Suite of Onboard Bedding - American Airlines Group, Inc. SFO-MIA is one of the routes that gets the Casper bedding. And as mentioned pick the AVML or HNML (lalmost always the same meal) as that will probably be far better than either of those choice.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
The food options at SFO aren't bad. Eat before you fly and sleep on the plane. Or bring something on.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA
Anyone know whether the Casper bedding is available on PHL-SFO and PHL-LAX on the A332? Those planes do international then turn around for domestic flights so I wouldn't see why not.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bridge29
Anyone know whether the Casper bedding is available on PHL-SFO and PHL-LAX on the A332? Those planes do international then turn around for domestic flights so I wouldn't see why not.
From the link above outside long haul international flights and "transcon" (aka LAX/SFO-JFK) the only routes that get Casper are:
  • Boston (BOS) – Los Angeles (LAX)
  • New York’s John F. Kennedy (JFK) – Seattle (SEA)
  • Miami (MIA) – Seattle (SEA)
  • Miami (MIA)– San Francisco (SFO)
  • U.S. to Hawaii
  • U.S. to Northern Rim of South America (MAR, MAO, BOG, CCS, CLO, GYE, LPB, MDE, UIO, VVI)

So no on PHL-SFO and PHL-LAX.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 10:27 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 75K, AA EXP, United 1K
Originally Posted by bridge29
I can definitely confirm I’ve never had bedding on these flights. The bedding is catered so just because the flight came in international doesn’t mean the bedding stays. The plane gets recatered for domestic service which means no blankets
Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by lightbulbs

I can definitely confirm I’ve never had bedding on these flights. The bedding is catered so just because the flight came in international doesn’t mean the bedding stays. The plane gets recatered for domestic service which means no blankets
Well i certainly wouldn't want the used blankets .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.