FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Checkin not working for one pax on reservation (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1946731-checkin-not-working-one-pax-reservation.html)

MSP_Monopoly Dec 19, 2018 8:41 pm

Checkin not working for one pax on reservation

I’m trying to check in on the app and it only checked in my travel companion on the reservation and it won’t check me in and issue a boarding pass. I tried checking in on the web and same thing.

I sent a DM on twitter to have them look and they said they don’t see anything wrong with the reservation. They just said to check in early at the airport.

Any idea what is going on?

AAEmpireState Dec 19, 2018 8:45 pm

I’ve encountered this issue when assigned a random SSSS designation. Just give yourself enough time on the front end and you should be fine.

MSP_Monopoly Dec 19, 2018 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by AAEmpireState (Post 30555444)
I’ve encountered this issue when assigned a random SSSS designation. Just give yourself enough time on the front end and you should be fine.

Oh no, I hope not!

Thanks for the heads up.

apeortdz Dec 20, 2018 4:50 am

Almost certainly a SSSS issue if travelling internationally

MSP_Monopoly Dec 20, 2018 5:35 am

Originally Posted by apeortdz (Post 30556396)
Almost certainly a SSSS issue if travelling internationally

No intl segments on this trip.

HiAperture Dec 20, 2018 7:32 am

This happened to me flying back from Paris earlier this year. I was flying in PE and there was tons of space in J so I was hoping for LFB upgrade on the return so I checked in right at 24 hours out. Sure enough if my wife checked in alone it offered the upgrade, for I thought a reasonable $592, but if I tried to check in or check both of us in it would not go through. I called both American reservations and AAdvantage and apparently it had to do with my name suffix causing a mixup with the automatic passport verification, and they claimed I couldn't do anything about it but go to the airport. I never had an issue with this domestically and I didn't have the SSSS screening on my boarding pass.

They also said there was no way to secure the LFB upgrade on my reservation over the phone and I would have to just hope there was still space when we checked in (is this true?). Of course by the time we got to the airport, if you can believe the check in agent (because I spotted J seats when deplaning that flew empty), he claimed the space was all gone. *rant over.*

Long story short I had them move my suffix into the last name field on all their forms so this never happens again.

iadisgreat Dec 20, 2018 2:17 pm

This happened to me Monday in Paris - two passengers on the same reservation upgraded to business with SWUs - one checked in fine and boarding pass issued on the app, the other (me!) checked in, but boarding pass needing to be picked up at the counter or kiosk.

Turns out I got the SSSS - and when I showed up to the counter about 65 minutes before departure I was told it was too late - only after I showed them that the app clearly said I was checked in and just needed to collect a BP did they relent and give it to me. All in all rather annoying and the second time in two months I've gotten the arbitrary SSSS at an international station.

*Rant on* Also, why the app clearly says you can pick up the BP at a kiosk or agent, but then doesn't actually let you print it at the kiosk is beyond me. *Rant off*

​​​​

Often1 Dec 20, 2018 4:54 pm

OP says this is a domestic ticket, so all of the international secondary stuff is irrelevant.

OP - I would call AA. You need a precise answer and you did not get that from Twitter. The reservation may well be in order, but that does not mean that the ticket is. Ask that specific question and press for a precise answer.

If this is a secondary security issue, AA won't tell you, but will give you some answer which tells you that the ticket is OK. You can then deal with the secondary security by allowing more time. If there is a ticket problem, the time to deal with it is before the airport.

MSP_Monopoly Dec 21, 2018 1:45 am

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 30559119)
OP says this is a domestic ticket, so all of the international secondary stuff is irrelevant.

OP - I would call AA. You need a precise answer and you did not get that from Twitter. The reservation may well be in order, but that does not mean that the ticket is. Ask that specific question and press for a precise answer.

If this is a secondary security issue, AA won't tell you, but will give you some answer which tells you that the ticket is OK. You can then deal with the secondary security by allowing more time. If there is a ticket problem, the time to deal with it is before the airport.

Yep, I called them and there was indeed a ticket problem of some sort. They were able to get it fixed and got me checked in and BP issued. No SSSS issue.