Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

No IFE for an entire plane but not a bad flight!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No IFE for an entire plane but not a bad flight!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2018, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by carlosdca
Did you pay for business? upgraded? award?
Just curious.
Who cares? He had an issue inflight and didn’t let it ruin his whole day by screaming bloody murder about an issue. I know these forums would be a whole less frequented if more had his attitude.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
I fail to understand how anyone can get on an airplane without their own IFE.

I bring an iPad with Kindle books and a paper Killer Sudoku book with me every time. Unless there is a movie that I really want to see, I don't bother with the airplane IFE.
aztimm likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
I fail to understand how anyone can get on an airplane without their own IFE.
Well, they do.
And lots of people.

I have a lot of recent engineer graduates in my office now working with me ("millenials")
Just recently they were on a gig to ATL. One of them flew AA (for the sake of status) the others DL.
The AA guy was shocked over the lack of IFE on AA and one of the girls told him "You should have picked the DL flight".
(This conversation happened today, interestingly)

Last edited by carlosdca; Dec 17, 2018 at 3:26 pm
Old Dec 17, 2018, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by carlosdca
Well, they do.
And lots of people.

I have a lot of recent engineer graduates in my office now working with me ("millenials")
Just recently they were on a gig to ATL. One of them flew AA (for the sake of status) the others DL.
The AA guy was shocked over the lack of IFE on AA and one of the girls told him "You should have picked the DL flight".
(This conversation happened today, interestingly)
Ask her about when she has to use 200k miles to go to Cancun and he is there for 25k.

Yes I know, it is all fluid but there are + and - to all programs.
carlosdca likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI du gingembre cinquant, CAMRA
Well for what it's worth the leg after PHL was to MIA. When I boarded I was faced with a missing screen and an IPAD holder.... now THAT is what I call a complete failure of IFE!

I burst out laughing and drew a few worried expressions!

Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Nicc HK
I was on a brand new 77W HKG-DFW without IFE for the entire flight. Not a problem, the crew were excellent. The Captain thanked everyone at the end of the flight also adding "nobody complained".

Never even considered asking for compensation, but then for me personally not having IFE is really quite trivial in the scheme of things.
+1. There are so many excellent books to read!
Old Dec 17, 2018, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Devil's advocate but IFE is a service that's part of the cost of the ticket. It's expected and advertised on certain routes, certainly long hauls. AA didn't fulfill their obligations. (For the record, I rarely use IFE and prefer reading.)
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ginger50
Well for what it's worth the leg after PHL was to MIA. When I boarded I was faced with a missing screen and an IPAD holder.... now THAT is what I call a complete failure of IFE!

I burst out laughing and drew a few worried expressions!

Well, I prefer there to be an installed IFE screen, but it looks like it's a 767 and AA is pretty clear about the fact that tablets are distributed in J on these flights....I'm just not sure if that applies to the domestic segments you might find these planes on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.