FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   AA 2 x international domestic Y flights...but then one Y+ (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1946072-aa-2-x-international-domestic-y-flights-but-then-one-y.html)

s115 Dec 16, 2018 8:42 am

AA 2 x international domestic Y flights...but then one Y+

So this seems impossible to book online? a 3 sector itinerary, with the first two booked in Y, then it forces you to only pick main cabin for the third?
I want Y for the first 2 and Y+ for the last one... of do I just need to call up to book?

JDiver Dec 16, 2018 8:58 am

Originally Posted by s115 (Post 30541244)
So this seems impossible to book online? a 3 sector itinerary, with the first two booked in Y, then it forces you to only pick main cabin for the third?
I want Y for the first 2 and Y+ for the last one... of do I just need to call up to book?

If you can’t book it online, they’ll waive the fee for calling.

s115 Dec 17, 2018 2:01 am

Cheers, thanks!

JJeffrey Dec 17, 2018 4:48 am

What exactly are you trying to book? There may be a reason its pricing as such...

s115 Dec 17, 2018 9:53 pm

YYC > NBO Y
CPT > FRA Y
FRA > YYC Y+
I can book all in Y+ or first in Y, second in Y+ and third in Y+, but not 1 and 2 in Y and 3 Y+.

Beltway2A Dec 18, 2018 5:03 am

What's your routing for FRA-YYC? Are you using Y+ as shorthand for the "Main Cabin Extra" product or for true Premium Economy?

If, for example, you're looking for PE and your routing is FRA-DFW-YYC, there's a very good reason why you can't buy it.

JJeffrey Dec 18, 2018 6:02 am

Originally Posted by s115 (Post 30547560)
YYC > NBO Y
CPT > FRA Y
FRA > YYC Y+
I can book all in Y+ or first in Y, second in Y+ and third in Y+, but not 1 and 2 in Y and 3 Y+.

I would really play around with that and not neccesarily book it all together on the same PNR. What if you do an open jaw on one PNR, YYC-NBO then FRA-YYC, then just buy a separate CPT-FRA one-way? Just an idea that may price out way better than trying to combine everything.

s115 Dec 18, 2018 10:23 pm

Y+ is pe. You can buy it as part of the 3rd option as I sais. pe fra dfw, y dfw yyc.

thanks, I never thought to give that a go. Will have a play around today.

Mwenenzi Dec 19, 2018 12:33 am

YYC > NBO Y
CPT > FRA Y
FRA > YYC Y+

Originally Posted by s115 (Post 30551580)
Y+ is pe. You can buy it as part of the 3rd option as I sais. pe fra dfw, y dfw yyc.

thanks, I never thought to give that a go. Will have a play around today.

Is this a cash booking or award?
On FT real PE is generally not referred to a "Y+". Y+ to most people means "main cabin extra"

None of those routes will be as listed. For example CPT-FRA is possibly CPT-LHR-FRA all on BA.

Why FRA? Will be other possible transit cities.
Great Circle Mapper

s115 Dec 19, 2018 2:51 am

Cash. Unsure where I ever said that I didn't know that i'll be taking an non direct flight? Also, why would that matter in this situation?

Why Frankfurt? I've never been there is why! :)

Actually, Y+ is listed on the glossary, I used the term correctly. You are using it incorrectly.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/glos...=PPE,Y+Premium Economy

xliioper Dec 19, 2018 4:17 am

YYC > NBO Y
CPT > FRA Y
FRA > YYC Y+

This won't work for the simple reason that AA does not sell CPT-FRA fares. It sells CPT-YYC fares, so you can book it all in one cabin as a single fare with a stopover in FRA. But if you want to book as separate cabins, it will need to break the fare into multiple fares (Y fare for CPT-FRA, and a separate Y+ fare for FRA-YYC). But since AA does not sell CPT-FRA fares, it can't be done.

s115 Dec 19, 2018 5:00 am

That is incorrect, I told you I was able to get to payment screen thru AA the fare in Y+ for all three segments, but its flying on BA metal.

xliioper Dec 19, 2018 5:09 am

Originally Posted by s115 (Post 30552225)
That is incorrect, I told you I was able to get to payment screen thru AA the fare in Y+ for all three segments, but its flying on BA metal. Go and try for yourself :)

You are not understanding what I am saying. You can either buy the trip as a single Y fare or a single Y+ fare. The BA metal flights are simply part of a single Y+ CPT-YYC fare with a FRA stopover which AA has the authority to sell. Go look at the fare rules when you price it out. I never said you couldn't buy BA Y+ flights with this routing. But they must be purchased as part of a single through fare. When you try to split cabins mid-itinerary, you will produce a fare break where no fare break can be created because AA does not have the authority to sell CPT-FRA fares.

s115 Dec 19, 2018 11:56 pm

Thanks for the indepth answer!