Wiki Posts
Search

Flagrant nose-picker in 1F on AA1839.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2018, 4:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS DL
Or maybe the passive aggressive way...

Nose picker: (picking nose, but not saying anything)
Nose picker hater: I hope you don't mind...(then starts picking ears and dumping the wax on the floor).

Possible responses: Nose picker becomes aware and stops. Nose picker feels he has company.

Alternative strategies: call the flight attendant and ask for "a tissue for the gentleman".
give the nose picker the vomit bag with the explanation. "here a bag so that I won't step on the debris"

I probably would have done the latter (vomit bag).
Old Dec 16, 2018, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
Flying has become so awful that this is what we have to look forward to.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 5:59 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Is there a sign/placard on the forward bulkhead that forbids nose picking? If not just look out your window
carlosdca and nancypants like this.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
A human cesspool. Air travel is getting disgusting.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
::sets down glass of champagne on AA 77W to HKG to check FlyerTalk::

Originally Posted by SiempreBCNJFK
Seriously, I want your life if this is your biggest concern...
Hey, I'd want my life, too -- it's pretty darn good!

I'm also gonna go out on a limb here and say that this thread makes it easier to identify who the pickers are!
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Wasn’t gonna chime in but in thinking about it more.....how can you pick your nose that long? At some point there’s nothing left after a couple of times?
nancypants likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Wasn’t gonna chime in but in thinking about it more.....how can you pick your nose that long? At some point there’s nothing left after a couple of times?
I think the excessive dry air repenishes the supply in flight leading to opportunities for more digging, more harvesting. Add in winter flu/cold season, and I think you have a long duration IFE opportunity live in 1F.
OP could have just told his seatmate, "Do you mind? that's really gross." But it's kind of like sock-feet on the bulkhead. What are you gonna do?

Was it this guy?
Jaimito Cartero likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Originally Posted by JDiver
Heh. Kind of related, because once I was leading a course at a local college and a student began experiencing feelings of formication...
Wait-- doesn't that underlined word have an 'n' instead of 'm'? (At least for most of the college students I know...
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: Priority Club PLT, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP
Originally Posted by SiempreBCNJFK
Hey you're never going to find gold unless you did for it!

Seriously, I want your life if this is your biggest concern...
Does it have to be his biggest concern, just because he posted about it? Get over it and move on. Seriously. People, like yourself, just sitting around waiting to comment on other people's posts that they don't feel are worthy of posting, is such an old bit around here.
platbrownguy and AA100k like this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:27 pm
Suspended

One question in my narrow mind is that why you kept looking or staring at him doing those things? You sat in 1D, your natural view point if the aisle, not the gentleman doing disgusting things in 1F. If you noticed at the first glance, you should just move your sight away to something less impulsive. I know if it is me I would never look at that direction again soon as I noticed it. Just my opinion.
nancypants likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat
I love this thread. I laughed way too hard at his simple response of "you bet" when he was asked to stop picking his nose. And I thought I was going to cry I was laughing so hard at the YouTube video.

Maybe he's OCD? "In some people,compulsive nose picking (rhinotillexomania) may be a form of obsessive compulsive disorder." Maybe a service animal in FC would be helpful for rhinotillexomaniacs? Maybe a new priority boarding class so they can dig for gold without being stared at for a few minutes?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 2:14 pm

I am sorry for partying on the flight. Geez you guys are tough. (Sarcasm, if you didn’t know).
Old Dec 17, 2018, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
What would you do if you were me?
Me? MMOB

How was it affecting you other than the visual aspect of it (solution, look away).
It is not that he was working in the galley or throwing them over the air towards your seat.

Shoes (including yours) go over worse stuff than boogers and shoes spread it all over the aircraft floor as well.
(have you seen the floor around the airport urinal stalls, do you know if everybody is successful at avoiding pee ponds?, etc)
nancypants likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by carlosdca
Me? MMOB
Not me. If I was about to eat and I saw Mr no manners digging for gold I would be grossed out and would have said something like the OP did (probably something akin to "ya mind??").

Some people are so clueless it drives me nuts.

OP, did the picker' say please and thank you when getting drinks,etc?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by JDiver
Heh. Kind of related, because once I was leading a course at a local college and a student began experiencing feelings of formication (ants covering the body or under the skin - it is definitely a thing)... When he began removing his clothing I called a break and campus security.
Well, if he was removing his clothing perhaps he was more likely experiencing feelings of fornication.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.