Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Last second help! AA F LAX>LHR (77W vs 777-2)

Old Dec 15, 18, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum

About to book (using too many miles!) for next week F on our outbound and J on returning and never done this leg in F. Indifferent on the times as LAXís two flights to LHR in the evening are within 1.5 hours. Can someone please let me know whatís the better call? Also, return in J Iíve done both but canít recall whatís better. Appreciate the help!

Mods, was trying to search on my mobile but tough. Feel free to merge if available.
Old Dec 15, 18, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
77W J is better than 772 J. If in F, then you are in a 77W as 772 doesnít have F.
MarkY123, tikchik, sm82 and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 15, 18, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by beachfan View Post
77W J is better than 772 J. If in F, then you are in a 77W as 772 doesnít have F.
Thanks! I set up a dummy booking but clearly didnít set it up on both planes (or try)! Appreciate the quick response
Old Dec 15, 18, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP - Marriott LT Platinum - National Exec Elite
Just did DFW-LHR-DFW in F outbound and J inbound. F was great - my first time on the 77W. But it sure made J feel claustrophobic on the way back!
Old Dec 15, 18, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Surprised at that since 77w J is the best hardproduct J outside Qatar. Plenty of storage.
355F1 likes this.
Old Dec 15, 18, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP - Marriott LT Platinum - National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by beachfan View Post
Surprised at that since 77w J is the best hardproduct J outside Qatar. Plenty of storage.
Was interesting to me - I'd flown 77W J a dozen times, but never F. The early reviews were that the F seat wasn't that different and wasn't worth the upgrade. Since I was booked in D, there was no copay.
But I found the seat and space pretty great. It's not private, at all, but everything else about the F seat, including service and food, was very good.
Old Dec 15, 18, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by reeg2 View Post
Just did DFW-LHR-DFW in F outbound and J inbound. F was great - my first time on the 77W. But it sure made J feel claustrophobic on the way back!
Enjoy it many times. The plane of choice in the AA fleet. I know how you feel about J, I took F down to GRU from JFK when the 77W's were new to the fleet on an award. Coming home in J left me envious, especially for a ten hour flight.
Old Dec 15, 18, 6:58 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
As a seat the F is really J+ when compared to a 77W business class seat. However there is a noticable difference in the wines and service.

Good Luck!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: