Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

YYZ JFK <17 hrs> HND Checked Luggage (to merge)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2018, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan

So I've got a flight from YYZ to JFK to HND booked on a single ticket but the layover in JFK is overnight (lands 7:30 pm, takes off 12:40 pm the next day). Will luggage checked at YYZ get checked through to HND or will I have to pick up in JFK and recheck? Sorry if this is a common question with a clear answer. I'm new here.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: AA PLT, IHG Spire
Usually a 12hr layover is the limit that they will check the bags through. I'd expect to recollect the bags in JFK.

You can always ask nicely in YYZ, they might book it through for you if that is what you want. All they can do is say no.
Jimmy Lu likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by MathMusic
Usually a 12hr layover is the limit that they will check the bags through. I'd expect to recollect the bags in JFK.

You can always ask nicely in YYZ, they might book it through for you if that is what you want. All they can do is say no.
Thanks!
Old Dec 14, 2018, 9:08 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Also, see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...solidated.html.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.