Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Seychelles using AA miles - Advice Please

Old Dec 13, 18, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!

Im trying to get 4 tickets in J using AA miles, for travel next late November 2019. The flight times are not that bad, but there is a long layover in DOH. Does QR give you a hotel room if you ask for such a long layover for business class passengers? If not, I heard theres a hotel in the terminal. Also planning on the Hilton LaBriz in Silhouette Island....any tips and advice on this property? I finally got my diamond status and planning on booking the room with points. Thank you!
Old Dec 13, 18, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mrx900 View Post
I'm trying to get 4 tickets in J using AA miles, for travel next late November 2019. The flight times are not that bad, but there is a long layover in DOH. Does QR give you a hotel room if you ask for such a long layover for business class passengers? If not, I heard there's a hotel in the terminal. Also planning on the Hilton LaBriz in Silhouette Island....any tips and advice on this property? I finally got my diamond status and planning on booking the room with points. Thank you!
A question for the AA forum

Getting 4 business class award tickets xxx-DOH-SEZ on QR is a tad hopeful. Have you looked at the QR forum to see the problems QR freq flyers have getting premium awards?
QR is not the only AA ff partner that flys into SEZ
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seyche...tional_Airport
What award availability have you found?

AA forum threads
AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (master thd)

QR ---> QR / Qatar Airways oneworld Partner: Earn and Redeem AA Miles
JDiver likes this.
Old Dec 13, 18, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Im trying to get 4 tickets in J using AA miles, for travel next late November 2019. The flight times are not that bad, but there is a long layover in DOH. Does QR give you a hotel room if you ask for such a long layover for business class passengers? If not, I heard theres a hotel in the terminal. Also planning on the Hilton LaBriz in Silhouette Island....any tips and advice on this property? I finally got my diamond status and planning on booking the room with points. Thank you!
They won't give you the hotel if you are using award tickets. There are lots of hotels a quick Uber ride from the airport.
JDiver likes this.
Old Dec 13, 18, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi View Post
A question for the AA forum

Getting 4 business class award tickets xxx-DOH-SEZ on QR is a tad hopeful. Have you looked at the QR forum to see the problems QR freq flyers have getting premium awards?
QR is not the only AA ff partner that flys into SEZ
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seyche...tional_Airport
What award availability have you found?

AA forum threads
AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (master thd)

QR ---> QR / Qatar Airways oneworld Partner: Earn and Redeem AA Miles
I found LAX -DOH-SEZ on Qatar......a friend of mine just came back on the same route using AA miles, and he found them 2 mths before he took off.
Old Dec 13, 18, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I found LAX -DOH-SEZ on Qatar......a friend of mine just came back on the same route using AA miles, and he found them 2 mths before he took off.
So have you booked it? (4 people?). Others will if you do not.
SEZ is a popular desitination
Old Dec 13, 18, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
If you can find 4 business class tickets award tickets for the same flights on this route, TAKE IT, comp hotel or not.
BTW, you are probably not getting a comp hotel on award tickets, unless you have a misconnect due to a mechanical issue
Mwenenzi likes this.
Old Dec 13, 18, 10:45 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
I did SAN-LAX-MIA-DOH-SEZ earlier this year. If you can get the LAX-DOH flight then take it. You should have about 8-9 hours to kill in DOH. You will not get a free hotel and a trek to an off-airport hotel may not be worth it.

What I did was head straight to the lounge, took a shower, then requested a quiet space. With the long layover you should get one easily. The free city tours will probably be full by the time you land from LAX, but there is a luggage storage room in the lounge if you want to walk around the terminal.

I ate dinner, watched a couple movies, and napped until the ridiculously early flight to SEZ.
E55 likes this.
Old Dec 13, 18, 11:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skunker View Post
I did SAN-LAX-MIA-DOH-SEZ earlier this year. If you can get the LAX-DOH flight then take it. You should have about 8-9 hours to kill in DOH. You will not get a free hotel and a trek to an off-airport hotel may not be worth it.

What I did was head straight to the lounge, took a shower, then requested a quiet space. With the long layover you should get one easily. The free city tours will probably be full by the time you land from LAX, but there is a luggage storage room in the lounge if you want to walk around the terminal.

I ate dinner, watched a couple movies, and napped until the ridiculously early flight to SEZ.
Thats exactly what I was thinking to do --my wife , however is really hating the idea of a 16 hr flight with two 6 yr olds. Shes afraid they will get bored after a couple of movies, and start whining. We did Maldives last year and we routed PDX-IAD-IST-KUL-CMB-MLE with a stopover in KUL, and they did just fine---in fact, we were at IST in the TK CIP lounge for 8 hrs, and they were 4 then. Also, the QR flt to SEZ lands at 9:10AM, and the next ferry isnt until like 3PM, so that doesnt help either. Where did you stay in SEZ if you dont mind me asking?
Old Dec 14, 18, 4:35 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
My wife and I went there for our honey moon 5 years ago.
At that time, my wife was flying DL, used her miles to get to LHR, and my AA miles from LHR to UAE (2day stop) then on to SEZ (Ethiad)
We stayed at a Hilton property on SEZ (not one of the other islands) It was amazing.. I believe it is the smallest Hilton in the world room wise)
Enjoy your trip
mrx900 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 18, 4:02 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Thats exactly what I was thinking to do --my wife , however is really hating the idea of a 16 hr flight with two 6 yr olds. Shes afraid they will get bored after a couple of movies, and start whining. We did Maldives last year and we routed PDX-IAD-IST-KUL-CMB-MLE with a stopover in KUL, and they did just fine---in fact, we were at IST in the TK CIP lounge for 8 hrs, and they were 4 then. Also, the QR flt to SEZ lands at 9:10AM, and the next ferry isnt until like 3PM, so that doesnt help either. Where did you stay in SEZ if you dont mind me asking?
There a kid's area in the lounge, but I haven't looked in there.

I was only doing a quick 1-day turn to start a RTW ticket so I just stayed at a cheap place in Beau Vallon.

Have fun and enjoy your trip!
mrx900 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 18, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT; QR PLT; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi View Post
SEZ is a popular desitination
Not as popular as it was a few months ago.
Old Dec 15, 18, 2:49 am

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM
Also did LAX-DOH-SEZ. The layover is ~8ish hours. Their lounge in DOH is massive and outside of the peak (iirc right before sez flight departs) it is nearly empty. Plenty of spaces to catch a nap.
E55 likes this.
Old Dec 15, 18, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH View Post
Not as popular as it was a few months ago.
yeah? can you elaborate on this please?
Old Dec 15, 18, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT; QR PLT; Bonvoy LT TIT
yeah? can you elaborate on this please?
There was a mistake fare available on One World Explorer tickets which originated in the Seychelles. The airlines caught and withdrew it a few months ago.
mrx900 likes this.
Old Dec 17, 18, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold
We honeymooned in Seychelles earlier this year. Flew EY F through AUH on AA miles.

Stayed on Praslin island, if you're interested in any info - shoot me a message

Search this Thread
Search Engine: