Wiki Posts
Search

First Row in FC is Row 3??? on 737-800

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Motel 6, LLO Titanium
First Row in FC is Row 3??? on 737-800

So is the First Row in FC is Row 3??? on a 737-800???? I choose first row from the American website and the seat map show the first row as row 3??? Does this make sense? Thanks.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
As is often the case, it is true, regardless of its capacity to make sense.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Yes. The first row on the 738 is row 3.
enviroian likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:21 am

On Airbus products, first row is 1. On B738 it starts with row 3.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Only on the "original" 738. On the Oasis 738, FC starts with row 1.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
If the first row is 3, thank your lucky stars. You have a legacy 738. If the first row is 1, you've drawn the short "project Oasis" straw.
wrp96, enpremiere and TXguy like this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Mosaic
So is the First Row in FC is Row 3??? on a 737-800???? I choose first row from the American website and the seat map show the first row as row 3??? Does this make sense? Thanks.
I'm amused by the apparent bewilderment of the OP, who should also win an award for highest question mark to overall character ratio in an FT post.

Is it really so surprising that the first row may not actually be row 1?????????? This phenomenon isn't unique to AA.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by Catbert10
If the first row is 3, thank your lucky stars. You have a legacy 738. If the first row is 1, you've drawn the short "project Oasis" straw.
This is news to me. Definitely something to look at before booking, thanks for the info!

Also, OP, the first row of the American MD80's starts with 3 as well. Not sure why.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by metallo
Is it really so surprising that the first row may not actually be row 1?????????? This phenomenon isn't unique to AA.
Yeah, on CX the first row is often row #11 . Would make the OP's head explode.
I hope s/he never goes to see a Broadway show too.
geronimo likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:58 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Might be that the closets are where rows 1 and 2 would be. LUS a/c have no closet space.
JDiver likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by flightrisk
Only on the "original" 738. On the Oasis 738, FC starts with row 1.
A few weeks ago, my wife and I selected row 1 A and B, bulkhead, on an Oasis. We took off, and after an hour or so the captain announced that we had to return because his and the first officer's airspeed indicators were giving different readings. We had to deplane until it was determined the problem could be fixed, or if another airplane would be required. A couple of hours later, we boarded a substitute plane. As my wife and I entered, we saw that another couple had taken the bulkhead seats--they had been assigned 3 A and B and wanted to stay where they were.

FA quickly intervened with a general announcement that everyone was to sit in their original seats, ignoring the seat numbers.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by catcher1
FA quickly intervened with a general announcement that everyone was to sit in their original seats, ignoring the seat numbers.
Thank goodness for umpires!
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:45 pm

Of course it makes sense.
Row 1 - the pilots
Row 2 - Flight attendants
Row 3 -- the first row of PAX

Enjoy the ride.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by catcher1
A few weeks ago, my wife and I selected row 1 A and B, bulkhead, on an Oasis. We took off, and after an hour or so the captain announced that we had to return because his and the first officer's airspeed indicators were giving different readings. We had to deplane until it was determined the problem could be fixed, or if another airplane would be required. A couple of hours later, we boarded a substitute plane. As my wife and I entered, we saw that another couple had taken the bulkhead seats--they had been assigned 3 A and B and wanted to stay where they were.

Glad the FA's got that straightened out for you. I was flying DEN-DFW a few months ago and they swapped the LUS A320 for a 738. Went from an exit row MCE seat to a regular economy seat with no window, was seated in 10A. FA's were already confused enough given they weren't used to that aircraft. They didn't move anyone around that I could tell, not sure how they worked out who was supposed to be where but unsurprisingly AA essentially had a non-response when I contacted them about it.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, BAEC Gold, AS 75K, VS Gold, AC 50K, WoH Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Yeah, on CX the first row is often row #11 . Would make the OP's head explode.
I hope s/he never goes to see a Broadway show too.
This makes sense on some other carriers i.e. CX (11) MU (6) SQ (11) because these row numbers mean the beginning of business class section. Thus they become first row on equipments that are lack of FC cabin. But it does not seem like the case with AA as row 3 is definitely not the beginning of its business class section. The first row on AA are just weird (their 763 starts with row 2????) Does any one have any insight on why this happens on AA...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.