Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Concierge Key invitations / renewal for 2019-20 status (out early 12/2019)

AA Concierge Key invitations / renewal for 2019-20 status (out early 12/2019)

Old Feb 9, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: AA explat 5.6 MM, Hilton Diamond for life
There is no question about the "two main gates" of entry. I average about $50K per year and 200K+ EQM's and never a sniff. Two of my golf buddies travel way less than i do with much smaller spend but because they run companies and can push $$$ toward AA they get the CK benefit. I get that! Seems fair to me.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by DFWHockeyguy
There is no question about the "two main gates" of entry. I average about $50K per year and 200K+ EQM's and never a sniff. Two of my golf buddies travel way less than i do with much smaller spend but because they run companies and can push $$$ toward AA they get the CK benefit. I get that! Seems fair to me.
Also seems that not all $50k are created equal. The CK bar likely raises or lowers based on travel patterns, home base, EQD:EQM ratio, company or even how much you complain and are perceived as a flight risk.

Would have to assume that DFW-based customers have a higher bar, since 1) you're captive, and 2) there must be some limit to the #'s from one market.

But who knows
Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dave_261
Also seems that not all $50k are created equal....

...But who knows
I do, and I've outlined it quite a few times here.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA explat 5.6 MM, Hilton Diamond for life
Originally Posted by dave_261
Also seems that not all $50k are created equal.
No question about that after seeing some the the totals others have posted that did get CK...OH well exec plat will have to do
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:24 am

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Has anyone received the actual welcome pack? I'm curious if the ability to gift EP will be part of the CK package this year.
I haven’t received my package yet, but I have the “gift EXP” in my wallet. I want to say I got an email telling me I was getting this, but I’m not certain.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:31 pm

Programs: HH DFL, Hyatt Globalist, AA CK 3MM+, United 1K, National EE, Del Friscos Gold, Uber Diamond
Interesting and to some degree disturbing thread - I have been CK for 3 years and demoted this year to EP with 47K EQD last year and I missed the challenge they gave me (over the holidays) of $14K by 1.5K...Really sucks already on a path this year of 65-70K and I miss the flagship lounge access the most. Aside from that really doesn't matter much. Just pisses me off as most of my spend last year was personal $$ and they never account for what I spend on my family.

Add to all this they told me I was top 15% of all CKs in travel last year and still got booted - just goes to show that it is all about who you are and where you work, not how much you fly and spend which I think stinks.

Also to note - I only buy first class, I am the CEO of mid-sized company and I also have 2.5 MM miles on AA. I am going to reach out to Airpass to see if I can get re-established. I am out of Dallas and Vail/Eagle - I just changed my address to not be Dallas.

Last edited by MisplacedYankee; Mar 7, 2019 at 4:07 pm
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MisplacedYankee
Interesting and to some degree disturbing thread - I have been CK for 3 years and demoted this year to EP with 47K EQD last year and I missed the challenge they gave me (over the holidays) of $14K by 1.5K...Really sucks already on a path this year of 65-70K and I miss the flagship lounge access the most. Aside from that really doesn't matter much. Just pisses me off as most of my spend last year was personal $$ and they never account for what I spend on my family.

Add to all this they told me I was top 15% of all CKs in travel last year and still got booted - just goes to show that it is all about who you are and where you work, not how much you fly and spend which I think stinks.

Also to note - CEO of company and I also have 2.5 MM miles on AA. I am going to reach out to Airpass to see if I can get re-established. I am out of Dallas and Vail/Eagle - I just changed my address to not be Dallas.
Sure seems like you should have been given CK again.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:09 pm
Suspended

...Add to all this they told me I was top 15% of all CKs in travel last year .
They shouldn't have sent those things out-- it confused a lot of folks. It's an absolutely meaningless statistic for CK qualification, which is all about member profitability, which is often almost inversely proportionate to "miles flown" if the spend doesn't go up dramatically.

...just goes to show that it is all about who you are and where you work, not how much you fly and spend..
That's definitely not the case for profitability-based CK. It's ALL about how much you spend and how much that bought you.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:29 pm

Programs: HH DFL, Hyatt Globalist, AA CK 3MM+, United 1K, National EE, Del Friscos Gold, Uber Diamond
Originally Posted by JonNYC
They shouldn't have sent those things out-- it confused a lot of folks. It's an absolutely meaningless statistic for CK qualification, which is all about member profitability, which is often almost inversely proportionate to "miles flown" if the spend doesn't go up dramatically.

That's definitely not the case for profitability-based CK. It's ALL about how much you spend and how much that bought you.
I agree - really stupid to send that out and I am sure as a domestic guy slugging first class that I am not as profitable as a guy going to Hong Kong first class 4x a year. I just think its a crappy way to do business. Not how I would do it, but what do I know. All I know is its hard to take away from someone who has been very loyal and was just that close - all it does is piss me off and make me take some united flights now as I am just an average EP flyer so who cares - I have over a million with United and they treat me well and since I fly first I get most of their perks equal to AA.

The irony of it all is that I am on several boards and recommended to a CEO to buy airpass to get CK - He gets CK this year and I get booted. Oh well. LOL.
Old May 21, 2019, 9:51 pm

Metal tag instructions?

Originally Posted by ikwia

$118K and counting, with 302K EQM as of now

you may also want to check out the EOY thread
Old May 21, 2019, 9:54 pm

Metal tag details and my eqd

i did 67k EQD last year due to mostly international travel and over 300k EQM... thrilled I made it but it didn’t come until May 1 which was surprising. I thought I was always March 1 so I thought I missed it.

I got the same metal tag and md 80 airline number as everyone else had posted with with July 15 ‘87 service date.

I cant figure out how to use the metal cord to connect the metal tag if anyone else has it. Was not in the package that I saw.

Jarrod
Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:58 am

Is there a mid year review for CK invitations?
I started flying AA last July and had 49EQD last year and this year so far I’m at:
62K EQD
197K EQM
24 EQS
Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.

Also to note - I only buy first class, I am the CEO of mid-sized company and I also have 2.5 MM miles on AA. I am going to reach out to Airpass to see if I can get re-established. I am out of Dallas and Vail/Eagle - I just changed my address to not be Dallas.
If they counted what I spend on my personal family, I would be ExPlat this year, and most years I'd be pretty comfortably PlatPro.

Instead, I barely make Gold unless I get a nicely timed challenge. Frequent flyer programs are about rewarding people who fly on OTM. If AA could give credit for family members, the number of Plat, Plat Pros and ExPlats would explode and all the heavy business travelers would find themselves boarding with half the plane.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA ConciergeKey, Marriott Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
About six months late on this, but did any CK renewals not get luggage tags? I hit CK in mid-2018 via challenge and received all of the other items sent in January minus the tags. I called customer service a while back and also asked the executive liaison desk when they called to check in, and got different answers. Customer service said I should have received and liaison said they were for new 2019 members only/any pre-2019 qualifiers didn't receive them. Just curious at this point.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by hpsu80
About six months late on this, but did any CK renewals not get luggage tags? I hit CK in mid-2018 via challenge and received all of the other items sent in January minus the tags. I called customer service a while back and also asked the executive liaison desk when they called to check in, and got different answers. Customer service said I should have received and liaison said they were for new 2019 members only/any pre-2019 qualifiers didn't receive them. Just curious at this point.
I know my coworker re- qualified last year and in his package there was an empty slot where the metal tag was suppose to be. He would call in to customer service every other day to know the status of his tag till eventually they said it was shipped and should be arriving in a week. This was back in January if that helps.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.