Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Concierge Key invitations / renewal for 2019 status (out early 12/2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Concierge Key invitations / renewal for 2019 status (out early 12/2018)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Leotis
I don’t at all appreciate the lack of transparency in their qualification criteria. If I spend $70k on 140k miles I expect more so I will treat them like they treat me and move loyalty elsewhere.
So, do you have a guarantee from whatever airline you are moving to that you will be treated better with that level of activity and that they will guarantee you the "transparency" you desire on qualification criteria for their equivalent level of CK?

Regards
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:42 am

Yes. United is much more consistent with required thresholds.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA ConciergeKey, Marriott Ambassador / Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Astronomer
Got my renewal on Friday

EQD: 47K
EQM: 196K - paid travel for the year is done so no scope of getting to 200k
EQS: 128
I was hoping to qualify this year, so your renewal gives me a bit of hope...although 1st time qualifying out of DFW with my numbers could be tough.

EQD: 53K
EQM: 195K
EQS: 99
Old Dec 11, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP / 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by JJDFW0912
I was hoping to qualify this year, so your renewal gives me a bit of hope...although 1st time qualifying out of DFW with my numbers could be tough.

I thought I’d have a good chance with (by end of year) $60k spend out of RDU, most of it D and I fares, but some PE and E thrown in. Mixture of domestic and a lot to Europe/Asia, but not looking good.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA Concierge Key, Marriott Titanium Elite, National Executive Elite
I got my renewal email a few days ago. I'm quite shocked myself. I had a baby this year so I reduced my travel significantly to spend more time at home to support my wife and child. Very happy to have been renewed however and also happy to have been offered the gift EXP option again to give to my wife.

EQD: $32K
EQM: 133K
EQS: 33
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by truthknown
I got my renewal email a few days ago. I'm quite shocked myself. I had a baby this year so I reduced my travel significantly to spend more time at home to support my wife and child. Very happy to have been renewed however and also happy to have been offered the gift EXP option again to give to my wife.

Your EQD / EQM are less than my spend for the year. I didnt get an invitation but I just reached out to our travel agent and asked him if there are CK invites available. He is referring me to his manager, so lets keep fingers crossed
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:49 pm

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Platinum Premier, AA - CK

OK.... this one kind of bothers me!

Joking..... but I’ve got same spend (more after this week) and my all still shows 2019. Doh! It’s gonna be a hard fall from the top!
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:30 pm

Programs: AA CK, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Platinum
I feel ya...

Originally Posted by Head
Doh! It’s gonna be a hard fall from the top!
That's what I'm afraid of. Emails went out on 12/7 last year, and again on 12/7 this year. Did anyone get a letter since then? I'm still hopeful to be swept up in another wave!
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA- EXP UA - Silver SPG- PLT Marriott- PLT

how many years have you been CK? Seems like it be easier to stay in the program than get in in the first place.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by chicagoflyer1976

how many years have you been CK? Seems like it be easier to stay in the program than get in in the first place.
This is year 4 for me.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by giants_fan
That's what I'm afraid of. Emails went out on 12/7 last year, and again on 12/7 this year. Did anyone get a letter since then? I'm still hopeful to be swept up in another wave!
Last year there was a guy who got his renewal in January. He was very vocal about it however I'm sure others less vocal experienced the same. They roll out the notices so if you didn't get the first round, there is still a chance.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by Fine Art Landscape Photographer
Your EQD / EQM are less than my spend for the year. I didnt get an invitation but I just reached out to our travel agent and asked him if there are CK invites available. He is referring me to his manager, so lets keep fingers crossed
Good luck! I hope you get it!
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA CK, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Platinum
Thanks...

Last year there was a guy who got his renewal in January. He was very vocal about it however I'm sure others less vocal experienced the same. They roll out the notices so if you didn't get the first round, there is still a chance.
I'll hold onto that glimmer of hope... thank you! I was thinking about my travel this year, and while I've had a fair number of Business class trips to Europe and Asia/Pacific, I've also done a ton of domestic, which often means Economy connecting flights to reach my destination. Those cheap fares really dilute the overall spending picture, which is ironic... if I wasn't loyal to AA, flying inconvenient connections to domestic destinations, my profitability might appear much higher! Of course, that would also mean not enjoying the benefits I've earned for being loyal.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:33 pm

Programs: DL 360, Marriott Ambassador, AA Plat
Originally Posted by JJDFW0912

From what I've heard qualification criteria could vary by location. DFW will likely have a higher threshold given its status as a fortress hub
Old Dec 12, 2018, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP
No invite here
Based in IND
EQD: 31k
EQM: 174k
EQS: 91

Will be at 34k and 200k end of year. Another year of overachieving EXP for me...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.