Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Concierge Key invitations / renewal for 2019 status (out early 12/2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Concierge Key invitations / renewal for 2019 status (out early 12/2018)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: AA CK, AC Super Elite, DL Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kvez
I'm a little stunned. Just got off the phone with my sales rep. She said "I'm not on the invite list" and doesn't know why. $74K EQD 230K EQM 112 EQS DFW based. Bought a $50K AAirpss last year but spend $20K more. Don't get it...
So my renewal came through this AM. Standard "Welcome to another year of CK" email. For whatever reason, it seems to have taken about 4 days longer than the first wave (and I'm DFW based so there may be a higher threshold). So I'm guessing there is a first wave and then a secondary review. Bottom line: there's hope.
dave_261, truthknown and adunker like this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP - Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium and lifetime PLT
I am similar as I fly biz to EU from YYZ thru JFK paid biz and then typically jump around EU on BA and 50% in biz and rest in economy....i also sometimes just do prem economy on way back from eu (say 40% of the time). I have one more trip and I will be at:

70.5k EQD
295k EQM
90 segments

I am pretty surprised I have not got the invite yet and I guess nothing to do but wait? any insight into my chances?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA Concierge Key, Marriott Platinum Elite, HH Gold
To xJonNYC’s point in another thread about profitability, I received my first invite to CK last week. At the time I received the invite, I had (approximately):

19k EQD
85k EQM
20 segments

That’s close to USD 1,000 per segment, and I think my cost per mile was between $0.60 and $0.70, but it’s hard to say because some of my flights were in full-fare business on OW partners, and brought down the EQD relative to what it would have been for a flight on AA metal.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:26 pm

It is quite apparent that anyone in DFW who does not have CK to begin with has an extremely high bar. Would be interested in stats for any new CK members from dfw.
Youngtraveldude likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 5:44 am

Believe it is 5th or possibly 6th year in a row. Email was sent on 06 Dec.

Old Dec 14, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Any guess as to how many CKs there are out there?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 5:48 am

Programs: AA CK, AC Super Elite, DL Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by billbarilko
I am similar as I fly biz to EU from YYZ thru JFK paid biz and then typically jump around EU on BA and 50% in biz and rest in economy....i also sometimes just do prem economy on way back from eu (say 40% of the time). I have one more trip and I will be at:

70.5k EQD
295k EQM
90 segments

I am pretty surprised I have not got the invite yet and I guess nothing to do but wait? any insight into my chances?
Those are very strong numbers. I'm surprised you don't have it, especially from a non hub where AC rules, and with all that transatlantic travel ex-JFK. I have absolutely no insight but I'm wondering if the fact that you do so much flying on BA has anything to do with it? Some members have reported that there is a bias towards those that fly a lot on AA metal which, of course, is not an option for you intra-EU. If you don't qualify by 1st week of Jan, I would write into AAdvantage and ask them to reconsider it. It can't hurt.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 9:15 pm

Did not receive invitations!

350k EQM’s and $55k spend no invite! So sad!
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: AA EXP - Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium and lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by kvez
Those are very strong numbers. I'm surprised you don't have it, especially from a non hub where AC rules, and with all that transatlantic travel ex-JFK. I have absolutely no insight but I'm wondering if the fact that you do so much flying on BA has anything to do with it? Some members have reported that there is a bias towards those that fly a lot on AA metal which, of course, is not an option for you intra-EU. If you don't qualify by 1st week of Jan, I would write into AAdvantage and ask them to reconsider it. It can't hurt.
good info and agree, a note in the first or second week of jan makes sense...hope it sorts itself prior to that, and if I hear any bias vs. BA or other oneworld metal, I'll update... Thanks and cheers!
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: AA ConciergeKey, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Hoping for invite

$51K EQD
247K EQM
116 EQS

Still have a few more trips for another $13K or so EQDs before YE. Hoping for invite. Was told by CK executive liason via long back and forth email thread that "I'm in the running"...whatever that means. We shall see. I'd be pretty disappointed if I didn't get the bid.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: Aegean (Gold) American (EP)
Haven’t received one either (SFO based):

$77.6K EQD
310K EQM
82 EQS

One trip remaining for Christmas.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA ConciergeKey, Marriott Ambassador Elite
That's frustrating that you haven't been invited especially given how many options you have out of SFO. I'm half LA, half DFW. It's even more frustrating that the AirPass spend for auto CK is $60K, so folks that are comfortably beyond that point should, in theory, get a nomination.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA , 3MM, CK, Marriott Titanim
71EQD
330EQM
55EQS
I got re-upped for 5th year in a row....

Last edited by pkfinman; Dec 16, 2018 at 1:49 pm Reason: typo
Old Dec 16, 2018, 2:45 pm

No luck for me (yet). $44K spend, 221K EQM, 79 EQS. No trips planned between now an Jan 1. Wish I knew if I were in the running...
Old Dec 16, 2018, 3:27 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by jAAmes
No luck for me (yet). $44K spend, 221K EQM, 79 EQS. No trips planned between now an Jan 1. Wish I knew if I were in the running...
I’m barely in the walking...

At least you’ll clear ahead of most of your EXP compatriots!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.