Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Concierge Key invitations / renewal for 2019 status (out early 12/2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Concierge Key invitations / renewal for 2019 status (out early 12/2018)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2018, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by kvez
I'm a little stunned. Just got off the phone with my sales rep. She said "I'm not on the invite list" and doesn't know why. $74K EQD 230K EQM 112 EQS DFW based. Bought a $50K AAirpss last year but spend $20K more. Don't get it...
Did you choose CK through AirPass when you signed the contract? (So that you’re already CK, but with an “off cycle” renewal date?)
Old Dec 8, 2018, 9:42 am

I think the DFW folks are getting screwed. I am at 67k EQD and 149K EQM and have not made it. I work out of Houston so will be easy for me to shift my business to United...
Old Dec 8, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: AA-CK, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Has anyone received the actual welcome pack? I'm curious if the ability to gift EP will be part of the CK package this year. I'll gladly give that up for the rumored (up-thread) new fare codes for upgrades and awards for CK members,
Old Dec 8, 2018, 10:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MikeFly
.. I'll gladly give that up for the rumored (up-thread) new fare codes for upgrades and awards for CK members,
I wouldn't say that even rose to the level of "a rumor."
Old Dec 8, 2018, 10:23 am

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by MikeFly
Has anyone received the actual welcome pack? I'm curious if the ability to gift EP will be part of the CK package this year. I'll gladly give that up for the rumored (up-thread) new fare codes for upgrades and awards for CK members,
When I went to choose my "benefit" for passing 300K, I had the gift EXP offer in my wallet (which I had never visited before), so at least some CK are getting it.

ETA: I see that I received the "welcome to CK" email yesterday, and it includes this about the EXP offer: "This year, we're offering you and a select few ConciergeKey℠ members the opportunity to gift AAdvantage® Executive Platinum status to another AAdvantage member." So it seems it is targeted in some way.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Leotis
I think the DFW folks are getting screwed. I am at 67k EQD and 149K EQM and have not made it. I work out of Houston so will be easy for me to shift my business to United...
Your shifting your business solely because you will not be CK? Seriously?

Regards
Old Dec 8, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: AA CK, AC Super Elite, DL Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I chose the $50,000 AAirpass which came with CK last year on January 12, so I've been CK since then. (In 2016 I had $40K in spend, and didn't make it). I blew through the first $50K and bought another $20,000 of AAirpass miles in September, and I have about $8,000 left which I will likely use in the next few weeks. I have two trips in "J" (to SCL and CDG) next week and the week after. They've been in my upcoming trips profile for a month, and they would have seen it. Those alone would have brought me above $80K in EQD. Apparently even that's not enough...my status shows "good through January 12, 2019. Like I said, I'm stunned.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by kvez
I chose the $50,000 AAirpass which came with CK last year on January 12, so I've been CK since then. (In 2016 I had $40K in spend, and didn't make it). I blew through the first $50K and bought another $20,000 of AAirpass miles in September, and I have about $8,000 left which I will likely use in the next few weeks. I have two trips in "J" (to SCL and CDG) next week and the week after. They've been in my upcoming trips profile for a month, and they would have seen it. Those alone would have brought me above $80K in EQD. Apparently even that's not enough...my status shows "good through January 12, 2019. Like I said, I'm stunned.

Have you renewed your Aairpass for 2019? I know that the CK status connected to Aairpass is valid only as long as your contract is in effect.

That being said, you should get it for that much spend, but you may be on a different schedule than I am as my company dropped aairpass a few years ago so I earn it outside of that program. I got my status on friday.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: AA EP

Originally Posted by Leotis
Those numbers look very good for CK. If you don’t end up getting it, there’s another reason. I posted on another thread that CK is for retention. So DFW will have a higher bar than LAX based people due to the competition. There are other factors at play. How long have you been spending, what company you work for, age, etc. that could factor
Old Dec 8, 2018, 12:00 pm
Suspended

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by astronomicalunit

Those numbers look very good for CK. If you don’t end up getting it, there’s another reason...
That reason is that the *actual* criteria used to CK invitation/renewal is not actually being discussed here, and, absolutely cannot be determined by someone posting "I am at xxK EQD and xxxK EQM" The real criteria is AA's member profitability figure.
TWA884 and astronomicalunit like this.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC
That reason is that the *actual* criteria used to CK invitation/renewal is not actually being discussed here, and, absolutely cannot be determined by someone posting "I am at xxK EQD and xxxK EQM" The real criteria is AA's member profitability figure.
Sigh... so very true. I'm making one more trip this year... maybe that will put me over the top.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 4:16 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

Invitations / renewals for 2019 (and lack thereof) discussion has moved to its own dedicated thread.

Old Dec 8, 2018, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA CK, AC Super Elite, DL Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by astronomicalunit

Have you renewed your Aairpass for 2019? I know that the CK status connected to Aairpass is valid only as long as your contract is in effect.

That being said, you should get it for that much spend, but you may be on a different schedule than I am as my company dropped aairpass a few years ago so I earn it outside of that program. I got my status on friday.
I have not renewed my AAirpass yet since I have about 4 weeks to go. When I do renew, however, it will not be for $60K (this year's "CK" minimum level). With my $50K AAirpass in 2018, I'll do $80K+ in EQD, and every flight was in J or F. My 280K EQM represents 140K BIS miles of 57 cents/mile. That seems pretty profitable. If that's not enough to qualify, then why should I allow them to hang on to $60K up front? I'll just buy a smaller AAirpass and renew as needed. I appreciate the re-booking help, but they can't make all those mechanicals go away, and for the privilege of boarding 15 seconds ahead of the Group 1 Pax, I'll hold on to more of my money. Regardless, I'm still angry.
astronomicalunit likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I’m a walking EXP - I don’t think I will recommit to AA unless I was given firm numbers for CK. Why wouldn’t I?
Old Dec 8, 2018, 5:42 pm

I don’t at all appreciate the lack of transparency in their qualification criteria. If I spend $70k on 140k miles I expect more so I will treat them like they treat me and move loyalty elsewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.