Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

How long to update status on existing reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, HH LT Diamond

I know this has been asked but I could only find something from 4 years ago. I was wondering how long it takes for new status to apply to existing reservations. I made EP on Monday and it's reflected in the app but when I checked in for my flight tomorrow it still shows plat pro. I don't care about my flight tomorrow but will my status apply to existing reservations or do I have to call AA to update them. My upcoming itineraries are longer so I want to make sure my upgrades are prioritized accordingly. Thanks for any help!
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:57 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by pdac1975
I know this has been asked but I could only find something from 4 years ago. I was wondering how long it takes for new status to apply to existing reservations. I made EP on Monday and it's reflected in the app but when I checked in for my flight tomorrow it still shows plat pro. I don't care about my flight tomorrow but will my status apply to existing reservations or do I have to call AA to update them. My upcoming itineraries are longer so I want to make sure my upgrades are prioritized accordingly. Thanks for any help!
If your new status (congratulations!) isn’t reflected by early next week in your existing bookings, you’ll need to get them updated.
Spanish likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
Last time my status changed (a couple years ago) it took a while. But this year when I made Platinum again I could immediately (i.e., the same day my 60th segment posted) select MCE on any upcoming reservation.
JDiver likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by pdac1975
it usually takes 2-3 days to update across all AA systems. You can try to remove and add your AAdvantage number on existing reservations and see if that helps. If not give them a call
JDiver likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
You say it's reflected on the App. Does your electronic BP have you as EXP? If so then you're good, right?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, HH LT Diamond
Just a quick follow up. My BP's were still showing the wrong status and group. They were able to fix my upcoming reservations in the AC by removing my info and reentering it (I assume).
Thanks!
Old Nov 10, 2021, 5:47 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
How long does it take these days for status to change in your account? My 5,000 credit card EQMs just hit today and with the EQD waiver, I've finally crossed the finish line for Plat Pro.
Spanish likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
Just FYI, if you are traveling on partner airlines, it can take over a week (experience on BA - she was OW Sapphire at the time) which was very frustrating for the Mrs. when she was traveling Europe for work for 5 weeks and couldn't use any lounges. Luckily, AA gave her a slew of miles as a mea culpa, and after begging a few lounge gatekeepers she was able to get into several even though her BPs said Ruby. (This was in 2019)
Old Nov 11, 2021, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
OK, it took AA one day after the miles posting for the status to change to Plat Pro. Interestingly, and more closely related to the question at hand, my one booked reservation changed from my preference for 500-mile stickers to be used as upgrade instruments to all four segments now being upgradeable on a "complimentary" basis.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 12:35 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
deleted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.