Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

FC ticket (I inventory), $600 in base fare, but only $375 EQDs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive

I flew a multi-segment trip: I inventory, paid first class, and $600 in base fare (plus $100 in taxes, so a total ticket cost of $700). I was expecting $600 in EQDs, which I need to requalify.

However, I received only $375 in EQDs, and my activity list on the AA website shows only $375 in EQDs for the flights. (The EQMs, I fare code, award miles and number of segments are right.)

Shouldn't I get $600 in EQDs? Or is there some catch, like I inventory not giving one EQD for one dollar spent on base fare?

Thanks.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by NYCommuter
I flew a multi-segment trip: I inventory, paid first class, and $600 in base fare (plus $100 in taxes, so a total ticket cost of $700). I was expecting $600 in EQDs, which I need to requalify.

However, I received only $375 in EQDs, and my activity list on the AA website shows only $375 in EQDs for the flights. (The EQMs, I fare code, award miles and number of segments are right.)

Shouldn't I get $600 in EQDs? Or is there some catch, like I inventory not giving one EQD for one dollar spent on base fare?

Thanks.
Assuming these are AA flights booked as AA flight numbers then I'd expect the $600 EQD too, give AAdvantage Customer Service a call (not the normal reservations number).
Old Dec 10, 2018, 7:46 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
I know this is a silly question to ask, but have all segments for the trip posted on your AAdvantage account? Yes, my experience is that AA operated AA flight number flights do usually post within 24 hrs. of the flight. But once in a blue moon it has taken more than few days to post. Just a thought...
Old Dec 10, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: AA EXP/2mm, SPG Gold
Did you buy the ticket on aa.com? Otherwise it may be a special fare that earns based on distance instead of fare. The type of earning should be listed in your activity.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
I know this is a silly question to ask, but have all segments for the trip posted on your AAdvantage account? Yes, my experience is that AA operated AA flight number flights do usually post within 24 hrs. of the flight. But once in a blue moon it has taken more than few days to post. Just a thought...
This is my guess too, they break down the EQD over each individual segment, even if it is paid as one trip, so check your activity log and make sure all segments have indeed posted.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
Thanks. Yes. I also booked it at AA.com.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: CK or bust

Thanks.
Call AAdvantage Customer Service (yes, it actually exists) and they can fix that right up for you. Just have your ticket number handy!

Last edited by enpremiere; Dec 10, 2018 at 2:18 pm Reason: Accurate department correction credit: ijgordon
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by enpremiere
Call American Airlines Customer Service (yes, it actually exists) and they can fix that right up for you. Just have your ticket number handy!
AAdvantage Customer Service exists. American Airlines Customer Service (aka Customer Relations) does not. Well, it possibly does, but there's no way to call them directly.
JDiver and wrp96 like this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: OWS - AA Lifetime Platinum, BA nobody (blue)
I've had three trips this year where the EQD credit was short. Each one was an LHR/JFK round trip, priced in pounds, where a SWU was applied to the ex-LHR leg (which involves an extra tax collection). There is no way of knowing exactly what is the due EQD for a pounds booking, although sometimes (not all) it is declared during booking. You have to keep a screenshot, because you can't find it out later. But still you have some idea, and when you get credited about 60% of what you expected, you know it's wrong (and suspect there is a logic error in the EQD crediting code in these circumstances).

In each case an approach to CS through the web form got it corrected.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC
OP, did you check your activity to see if it was posted by fare or distance? Even if it was purchased on the AA website, various reticketing activity can make them lose the fare. The response is the same though; as others said, just call AAdvantage.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP
OP, is the trip you were angry to have to take?

Spending money on flights just to meet EQD requirements, and angry about it
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dickinson
Oh gawd dickinson, you got me....I didn't notice until after I made fun of it that the other thread had been dead for 2 months! Now I've gone and bumped it
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:51 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
I’ve had a 001 stock ticket, but on BA metal, post as miles based, rather than fare based. It just took a quick call to get the basis changed and have the right EQM/EQD post to get me over the PLAT hump.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:55 pm

OP, don't be shy and talk to CS!

Originally Posted by tjcxx
I've had three trips this year where the EQD credit was short. Each one was an LHR/JFK round trip, priced in pounds, where a SWU was applied to the ex-LHR leg (which involves an extra tax collection). ...
In each case an approach to CS through the web form got it corrected.
I had this happen twice on long-haul, multi-leg international itineraries this year alone, and partial SWUs were involved both times--whereby I SWU'ed paid PY to J on some of the legs and I only got a fraction of the EQM as well as EQD (and I'd imagine the award miles, as well--although I don't really remember because I primarily care about EQM and EQD) . Both times, CS was able to fix the problem on the spot, and one of the agents noted that this was a known issue that were working on fixing.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
So have you called AAdvantage yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.