Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Should i put a Safety complain... Best way to do it?

Should i put a Safety complain... Best way to do it?

Old Dec 1, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by PABLOCO
They did all of this on English, that i understand is the Airline base country language.... But this was a Fly from Mexico to Miami .... more people speak spanish in Miami than in Mexico.
​​​​
​​
Probably better to not include this “fact”. There are 6 million people in the Miami metro area vs 120+ million in Mexico. Even on a percentage basis this is off. Probably 25% of Miami is English only speakers versus 10% of Mexico does not speaks Spanish.

Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
People ignore the safety demo because we've heard it almost as many times as the credit card solicitation. On a Cancun-Miami flight, I'm guessing the number of people who have never flown before/heard the safety demo is about zero.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Originally Posted by Segments

Probably better to not include this “fact”. There are 6 million people in the Miami metro area vs 120+ million in Mexico. Even on a percentage basis this is off. Probably 25% of Miami is English only speakers versus 10% of Mexico does not speaks Spanish.

Ok yes this was a joke for the forum. But if you have a crew that speak spanish it does not take to long to say check the card in spanish......but again if you speak english on Miami you may not wanna go to Taco Bell hehehe

I dont understand how people say "nobody pays atention to the safety" one think is what flyers do and the other is what airlines and crew does.

Someone compared to China, i travel to China each year (also domestic in China). Some airlines with IFE will do 3 safety displays in Chinesse, Cantonese and English. Some will not use video and will do a manual display on Chinesse and english (sure is hard to understand them but they try)

​​​

​​​​​
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:43 am

I think you should chase down every person who is texting on their phone while driving a motor vehicle prior to filing a complaint with the FAA.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: AA-EXP
Maybe i am too cynical, but is the "This is how you buckle a seatbelt" speech really that important? Yes people need to be aware of the location of emergency exits, but I'm pretty sure it isnt that difficult to figure out.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Enterprise PLT, Marriott Gold
I do not believe so, it's clear the crew didn't intend to skip over the video, and they still made an effort to give the safety demo. I would call this a one off and not worry about it. 99% of the people don't even listen anyhow.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.