Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA A321T 3 class Flagship 2x a day BOS-LAX 2 Apr - 5 Sep 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA A321T 3 class Flagship 2x a day BOS-LAX 2 Apr - 5 Sep 2019

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by ralphs
Nice. I wonder if Qantas/Oneworld lounge is an option too?
I highly doubt it given that it's not written anywhere that it's actually a qualifying flight, but you could always try. I'd expect to be turned down though.
I prefer the FL and FFD over the oneworld lounge/QF, so, didn't really see the point in making the trip...
Old Apr 15, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: AA Pro;Ritz Carlton Ambassador;Hilton Silver: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by no2chem
I don't know, wasn't there a quote somewhere that they wish they had more F seats to sell? I hope they keep it, I used to purposely route SFO/LAX-JFK-BOS in order to get a 321T transcon, this is much nicer

I think that was Jetblue saying they wish they had more J seats.

Well. One thing to report, on transcons usually you get access at the destination too. I tried to go into the AC in BOS after landing and they said no. Didn't bother to fight it, IIRC at JFK and SFO they usually let me in (I think as part of policy), sometimes I like to freshen up before heading to my final destination.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by Antarius
Can second this - booked my mother on LAX-BOS and she was able to use the FL.

Both LAX-BOS flights are wide open with C inventory as well. Booked and did a miles+copay for her.
I hope they apply the same FL access policy when the three class MIA-LAX comes back. I am booked on it in May.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
BA Lounge Access in BOS?

I wonder if one is originating from BOS, do you get access to BA Lounge if flying J or F?

The reason I ask is that if one is departing from LAX, one does have access to the OW Business Lounge or even the QF First Lounge depending on what cabin one is flying in. Of course this is in addition to the AA Flagship Lounge.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DCAstudent
I hope they apply the same FL access policy when the three class MIA-LAX comes back. I am booked on it in May.
Check the press release if there is one. The FL access page doesnt show BOS-LAX as a permitted routing for access, but the press release about adding the 321T does state that on these flights, J pax have access to the FL and F pax have FFD.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
Will be in J from BOS-LAX in couple of weeks. I'll have about a 4 hr layover till my next flight. (Not international or anything so no lounge access based on my connection)
Besides the FL, has anyone confirmed if other lounges are in play, OW business or.. ?
I wouldn't mind lounge hopping if that's an option.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
I highly doubt it given that it's not written anywhere that it's actually a qualifying flight, but you could always try. I'd expect to be turned down though.
I prefer the FL and FFD over the oneworld lounge/QF, so, didn't really see the point in making the trip...
I imagine the flight departs from T4 as well, which is another point in favor of the FL. I booked J and spent 15k miles to try F, and I've never tried FFD before, so you've convinced me.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 12:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Originally Posted by jacca83
The op-ups from J-F seems to be the norm these days. I love 3 class, but it's most likely on its last leg. Curious to see how BOS pans out over the next year.
Just flew a roundtrip, booked Y, T-100 upgrade to J, then F at the gate. Both flights. I didn’t see any seats in F on either flight occupied a few days out.

AA really needs a subfleet of 16J flatbed A321s for this type of route because the 321T doesn’t seem likely to work out.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Well. One thing to report, on transcons usually you get access at the destination too. I tried to go into the AC in BOS after landing and they said no. Didn't bother to fight it, IIRC at JFK and SFO they usually let me in (I think as part of policy), sometimes I like to freshen up before heading to my final destination.
I believe that the access is for Flagship Lounges, not Admirals Clubs. There is, of course, no Flagship Lounge at BOS.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: AA Pro;Ritz Carlton Ambassador;Hilton Silver: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DWFI

Just flew a roundtrip, booked Y, T-100 upgrade to J, then F at the gate. Both flights. I didn’t see any seats in F on either flight occupied a few days out.

AA really needs a subfleet of 16J flatbed A321s for this type of route because the 321T doesn’t seem likely to work out.
It's sad, but we can clearly see where this is headed. From what I've heard, a 2 class reconfigured has already been in discussion. Will be interesting to see what they come up with. My guess, 24J.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would assume that F, even on JFK-LAX/SFO, is feast or famine -- i.e., times when it's completely sold out probably at full F fares, and times when its full of non-revs or op-ups. But that might be okay, because they can oversell the J cabin and those fares ain't too shabby, particularly close-in.

I would also assume that there is probably very limited F demand on LAX-BOS (SFO-BOS probably would have more). I guess what they could do is just sell it as J but reserve the seats for elites.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I believe that the access is for Flagship Lounges, not Admirals Clubs. There is, of course, no Flagship Lounge at BOS.
My experience at SFO is they're ok with arrivals at the Admirals Club since there's similarly no Flagship Lounge there.

Though yeah the AA page is unclear about arrivals: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...ontinental.jsp
Antarius likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 10:12 pm

Programs: United GS; AA EXP; Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by ijgordon
I guess what they could do is just sell it as J but reserve the seats for elites.
Agree; this will be the best way to handle it.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 12:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Originally Posted by bdw1120
Agree; this will be the best way to handle it.
They’re probably trying to see if there is a market willingness to pay for F by testing various price levels relative to J. No need to give it away just yet, they can always oversell J and roll up.

26J probably too much for everything other than JFK-LAX/SFO. Even UA domestic 772 is only 28J, and they have to really cut prices on the 28J 752 on BOS-SFO to sell those seats. I often buy for $400 ew with enough advance purchase.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Is that $400 each way for a lie flat product? That's an incredible value for 5-6 hours of flight legs.
enpremiere likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.