Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA A321T 3 class Flagship 2x a day BOS-LAX 2 Apr - 5 Sep 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA A321T 3 class Flagship 2x a day BOS-LAX 2 Apr - 5 Sep 2019

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2018, 12:21 am

About a month ago I booked AA2455, LAX --> BOS, after the 4/2/2019 start date mentioned in the press release. Our itinerary on AA.com still shows the aircraft as A321, not A321T. We're booked in 2A/2C. Is it possible we will be upgraded to Flagship FC? I got MileSAAver seats, FWIW.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead
About a month ago I booked AA2455, LAX --> BOS, after the 4/2/2019 start date mentioned in the press release. Our itinerary on AA.com still shows the aircraft as A321, not A321T. We're booked in 2A/2C. Is it possible we will be upgraded to Flagship FC? I got MileSAAver seats, FWIW.
I mean anything is "possible." Those few already booked on the flights affected by the swap may luck out, but knowing how $ grubbing AA has been with this leadership, I'd say don't be shocked if you get a "flight change notice" moving you to a
a) different seats on the same flight number and aircraft (now in business class since that's what you originally purchased when it was a 2-class plane)
or
b) flight at a different time on a 2-cabin aircraft, for which you can change back to your original flight business class seat no charge.
It's unlikely they will leave you in 2A and 2C as that is now first class, not business class that you paid for. It MIGHT but not likely
zippy the pinhead likes this.

Last edited by LovePrunes; Nov 30, 2018 at 11:51 am
Old Nov 30, 2018, 8:54 am

AA uses the same booking codes for both 2-cabin first class and 3-cabin business class.
You’ll be in a 3-cabin business class seat.

This was different a couple years ago, when I remember leveraging a minor schedule change LAX-MIA 2-cabin first into LAX-MIA 777 3-cabin first. Ahhh.

Better now though, due to award pricing in the front cabin using BA.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
I wonder what the pricing will be like compared to the JFK route given that there is not Flagship Lounge in BOS.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Very happy with this addition
Old Nov 30, 2018, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Yawn. Wake me up when AA has non-stop BOS-SFO service. A321T would be great, of course, but even one of the regular craptacular planes would be a step above... nothing.
bostontraveler likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Pickles
Yawn. Wake me up when AA has non-stop BOS-SFO service. A321T would be great, of course, but even one of the regular craptacular planes would be a step above... nothing.
That market is already heavily saturated by B6, AS, UA, and DL. Don't hold your breath.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
I have to say this is WAY overdue in the BOS-LAX market. But I agree they are silly in neglecting BOS-SFO... that said B6 has carved a very profitable niche in that market with an excellent product and with DL and UA nonstops.. they probably don't want to try.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I wonder what the pricing will be like compared to the JFK route given that there is not Flagship Lounge in BOS.
what do you think? Identical to competition... AA doesn't have that forward thinking... not that I think any of their Flagship lounges in the US are anything special-- except LAX.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by bostontraveler
what do you think? Identical to competition... AA doesn't have that forward thinking... not that I think any of their Flagship lounges in the US are anything special-- except LAX.
They’re offering a product that none of the others have, though. (Well, except for the 4 throne seats on B6.) So they can’t price everything identical to the competition.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by Djokison

They’re offering a product that none of the others have, though. (Well, except for the 4 throne seats on B6.) So they can’t price everything identical to the competition.
They were pricing crappy 321S J the same, so you think they can charge more?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
They price to demand, not availability of amenities.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Any other old timers here remember the "guaranteed 767-300 premium test" or whatever silliness that was which was really about rotating aircraft for the (alas) long gone BOS-LHR flight..
Old Nov 30, 2018, 9:39 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by enpremiere
It's great to see AA launch another premium trans-con route after squashing LAX/MIA. No doubt Mint played a part in this.

No Flagship Lounge/Dining in Boston of course but at least F at LAX would qualify for FFD.
3-class service coming back to MIA-LAX, too. Resumes June 6th.

jetBlue Mint is crushing it on FLL-LAX. Sky high average fares, adding another frequency next month. It's worth the hassle of FLL. There is little doubt in my mind AA is hurting on MIA-LAX, too.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 10:31 pm

So will 3-class F and J on LAX-BOS qualify for QF F and OW J lounge access respectively in LAX TBIT, like LAX-JFK? Just when we put to rest the lingering rumors that LAX-BOS could get you in!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.