FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   AA begins A321T 3 class Flagship transcon 2x a day BOS-LAX 2 Apr 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1942980-aa-begins-a321t-3-class-flagship-transcon-2x-day-bos-lax-2-apr-2019-a.html)

ralphs Dec 3, 18 7:55 pm


Originally Posted by jmr50 (Post 30479615)
A321T flight schedule (subject to change):
LAXĖBOS
AA156 Departs LAX at 7:45 a.m.
AA156 Arrives BOS at 4:16 p.m.
AA2455 Departs LAX at 9:55 p.m.
AA2455 Arrives BOS at 6:22 a.m.
BOSĖLAX
AA211 Departs BOS at 7:24 a.m.
AA211 Arrives LAX at 11:10 a.m.
AA2542 Departs BOS at 5:45 p.m.
AA2542 Arrives LAX at 9:28 p.m.

That's odd. I'm looking in May 2019 and the LAX-BOS 7:45a flight and the BOS-LAX 5:45p flight are showing up as AA458, not the above flight numbers.

JY1024 Dec 4, 18 1:20 am

Folks - gentle reminder...letís stay on topic please. We are discussing the 321T on the BOS-LAX route - not widebody fleet utilization, not seats on other 321 variants, not 77W routes. (A little natural deviation is obviously okay, but letís not derail this topic too far.)

Thanks! /Moderator

dkc192 Dec 4, 18 9:06 am


Originally Posted by ralphs (Post 30496093)
That's odd. I'm looking in May 2019 and the LAX-BOS 7:45a flight and the BOS-LAX 5:45p flight are showing up as AA458, not the above flight numbers.

I see that too. The weird part is that under current rules, 458 is considered a LUS flight number, operated by LUS aircraft. That is clearly not the case here, so I wonder if this new flight number is a sign of broader cross-fleeting to come and with it, abandonment of the LAA/LUS flight numbering scheme.

ralphs Dec 4, 18 11:55 am

I was initially excited but the price premium over DL / UA for my travel dates is turning me off. ~$1800 vs ~$1000 r/t for business class on AA vs UA/DL on my sample travel dates. At least it is cheaper than B6. I'd only book AA here if I was using other peoples money.

beachfan Dec 5, 18 12:12 am


Originally Posted by ralphs (Post 30498354)
I was initially excited but the price premium over DL / UA for my travel dates is turning me off. ~$1800 vs ~$1000 r/t for business class on AA vs UA/DL on my sample travel dates. At least it is cheaper than B6. I'd only book AA here if I was using other peoples money.

Thanks for pointing out the fare difference. Has Delta always been that cheap?

ikwia Dec 7, 18 8:50 pm


Originally Posted by mizzou miles (Post 30479662)
Wonder if this (hopefully) means the end of BOSJFK on the A321T

Out of curiosity, why do you hope it means the end of 321T on BOS-JFK?

ralphs Feb 4, 19 4:14 pm


Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead (Post 30486234)
So will 3-class F and J on LAX-BOS qualify for QF F and OW J lounge access respectively in LAX TBIT, like LAX-JFK? Just when we put to rest the lingering rumors that LAX-BOS could get you in!

The AA lounge page https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...lub-access.jsp hasn't been updated to include BOS yet, so I guess we'll find out in April.

Colin Feb 5, 19 2:08 am

doesn’t seem to be any clear principle to deny J 777 passengers between LAX & MIA and allow J 32T passengers between LAX & BOS.

AA gets a big revenue premium on the J 777 LAX-MIA, often more expensive than J LAX-JFK.
yet AA makes the product so much worse from lounge access to onboard pillows & blankets.

AA should invent a term, say Flagship Business, and apply it to the J cabin with flat beds on transcon routes.
Would include LAX to PHL 1 330, MIA 1 777, BOS 2 32T, JFK all.
give them flagship lounge access, catering w/ menus, intl J blanket/pillow.

Zacnlinc Feb 5, 19 2:58 am


Originally Posted by Colin (Post 30740847)
doesnít seem to be any clear principle to deny J 777 passengers between LAX & MIA and allow J 32T passengers between LAX & BOS.

AA gets a big revenue premium on the J 777 LAX-MIA, often more expensive than J LAX-JFK.
yet AA makes the product so much worse from lounge access to onboard pillows & blankets.

AA should invent a term, say Flagship Business, and apply it to the J cabin with flat beds on transcon routes.
Would include LAX to PHL 1 330, MIA 1 777, BOS 2 32T, JFK all.
give them flagship lounge access, catering w/ menus, intl J blanket/pillow.

I agree with you in principle. But I'd get stiffed on both end with regards to lounge access. My usual route is SFO/PHL on the 330 when possible. That's until the PHL lounge opens. And from rumors on FT, that's not happening anytime soon due to some county line/ liquor laws/ taxing/ union worker issues.

ralphs Feb 5, 19 12:52 pm


Originally Posted by Colin (Post 30740847)
doesnít seem to be any clear principle to deny J 777 passengers between LAX & MIA and allow J 32T passengers between LAX & BOS.

AA gets a big revenue premium on the J 777 LAX-MIA, often more expensive than J LAX-JFK.
yet AA makes the product so much worse from lounge access to onboard pillows & blankets.

AA should invent a term, say Flagship Business, and apply it to the J cabin with flat beds on transcon routes.
Would include LAX to PHL 1 330, MIA 1 777, BOS 2 32T, JFK all.
give them flagship lounge access, catering w/ menus, intl J blanket/pillow.

They have the branding ready to go, and the whole idea has been tried with LAX-MIA 3-class. It's in the implementation where everything falls down.

no2chem Apr 14, 19 9:54 am

Flying 321T today LAX-BOS. Can confirm that you get same lounge access rules as LAX-JFK. Was op-upped from J-F and got access to Flagship first

Crew was BOS based and really good. I don't like the times (was on the 7:40am, which is a tight connection from SFO), but really really enjoyed the flight. Hope it sticks and they add more frequency.

jacca83 Apr 14, 19 4:28 pm


Originally Posted by no2chem (Post 30999099)
Flying 321T today LAX-BOS. Can confirm that you get same lounge access rules as LAX-JFK. Was op-upped from J-F and got access to Flagship first

Crew was BOS based and really good. I don't like the times (was on the 7:40am, which is a tight connection from SFO), but really really enjoyed the flight. Hope it sticks and they add more frequency.

The op-ups from J-F seems to be the norm these days. I love 3 class, but it's most likely on its last leg. Curious to see how BOS pans out over the next year.

Antarius Apr 14, 19 4:33 pm


Originally Posted by no2chem (Post 30999099)
Flying 321T today LAX-BOS. Can confirm that you get same lounge access rules as LAX-JFK. Was op-upped from J-F and got access to Flagship first

Crew was BOS based and really good. I don't like the times (was on the 7:40am, which is a tight connection from SFO), but really really enjoyed the flight. Hope it sticks and they add more frequency.

Can second this - booked my mother on LAX-BOS and she was able to use the FL.

Both LAX-BOS flights are wide open with C inventory as well. Booked and did a miles+copay for her.

no2chem Apr 14, 19 7:29 pm


Originally Posted by jacca83 (Post 31000192)
The op-ups from J-F seems to be the norm these days. I love 3 class, but it's most likely on its last leg. Curious to see how BOS pans out over the next year.

I don't know, wasn't there a quote somewhere that they wish they had more F seats to sell? I hope they keep it, I used to purposely route SFO/LAX-JFK-BOS in order to get a 321T transcon, this is much nicer


Originally Posted by Antarius (Post 31000202)
Can second this - booked my mother on LAX-BOS and she was able to use the FL.

Both LAX-BOS flights are wide open with C inventory as well. Booked and did a miles+copay for her.

Well. One thing to report, on transcons usually you get access at the destination too. I tried to go into the AC in BOS after landing and they said no. Didn't bother to fight it, IIRC at JFK and SFO they usually let me in (I think as part of policy), sometimes I like to freshen up before heading to my final destination.

ralphs Apr 14, 19 11:29 pm


Originally Posted by no2chem (Post 30999099)
Flying 321T today LAX-BOS. Can confirm that you get same lounge access rules as LAX-JFK. Was op-upped from J-F and got access to Flagship first

Crew was BOS based and really good. I don't like the times (was on the 7:40am, which is a tight connection from SFO), but really really enjoyed the flight. Hope it sticks and they add more frequency.

Nice. I wonder if Qantas/Oneworld lounge is an option too?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 9:15 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.