Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA A321T 3 class Flagship 2x a day BOS-LAX 2 Apr - 5 Sep 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA A321T 3 class Flagship 2x a day BOS-LAX 2 Apr - 5 Sep 2019

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:29 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by MAH4546

3-class service coming back to MIA-LAX, too. Resumes June 6th.

jetBlue Mint is crushing it on FLL-LAX. Sky high average fares, adding another frequency next month. It's worth the hassle of FLL. There is little doubt in my mind AA is hurting on MIA-LAX, too.
What makes you think AA is hurting? Almost impossible to upgrade if not CK, J regularly sells out... For LAX-MIA, M-F next week all nonstops J0 except for Friday night redeye
Old Dec 1, 2018, 3:54 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MAH4546

3-class service coming back to MIA-LAX, too. Resumes June 6th.

jetBlue Mint is crushing it on FLL-LAX. Sky high average fares, adding another frequency next month. It's worth the hassle of FLL. There is little doubt in my mind AA is hurting on MIA-LAX, too.
Whoa! Which rotation are they getting the plane from this time?
Old Dec 1, 2018, 4:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Whoa! Which rotation are they getting the plane from this time?
S.America losing 2 77W, note the date for this one (June 6th-- AA 1297 as a 77W will supply 77W to LAX-HND (not yet loaded))

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30447544-post582.html

Last edited by JonNYC; Dec 1, 2018 at 4:52 am
Old Dec 1, 2018, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by beachfan
They were pricing crappy 321S J the same, so you think they can charge more?
Do I think they can charge more for F than J on this route? I would hope so, otherwise what would even be the point of offering 3 class F? They could’ve just thrown a 75L at it.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Platinum, others
Originally Posted by Djokison

Do I think they can charge more for F than J on this route? I would hope so, otherwise what would even be the point of offering 3 class F? They could’ve just thrown a 75L at it.
30 premium seats vs 16 premium seats. F at J prices still beats Y fares
Old Dec 1, 2018, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JonNYC
S.America losing 2 77W, note the date for this one (June 6th-- AA 1297 as a 77W will supply 77W to LAX-HND (not yet loaded))

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30447544-post582.html

https://twitter.com/xJonNYC/status/1...23post30447629
Thanks!
JonNYC likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by LovePrunes
I mean anything is "possible." Those few already booked on the flights affected by the swap may luck out, but knowing how $ grubbing AA has been with this leadership, I'd say don't be shocked if you get a "flight change notice" moving you to a
a) different seats on the same flight number and aircraft (now in business class since that's what you originally purchased when it was a 2-class plane)
or
b) flight at a different time on a 2-cabin aircraft, for which you can change back to your original flight business class seat no charge.
It's unlikely they will leave you in 2A and 2C as that is now first class, not business class that you paid for. It MIGHT but not likely
We'll have to see. Should it happen that we are "downgraded" to Flagship Business on a new A321T vs. First on an old US Airways A321, I don't think it would be right to complain. The main reason I wanted the redeye was to get a bit of sleep. In any case, I pledge to keep the thread informed, if only as a reference point.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 9:08 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by no2chem
Hrm actually, good point. I wonder what the BOS-JFK 321Ts are still in the schedule for. Maybe the can borrow one in case it goes mx?
Why not put those on LAX-PHL, LAX-DCA, or JFK-SEA instead of BOS-JFK?
Old Dec 2, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Swadian
Why not put those on LAX-PHL, LAX-DCA, or JFK-SEA instead of BOS-JFK?
The BOS-JFK flights are to squeeze in extra utilization from the planes. The number of passengers are quite limited as most O&D take the shuttle to LGA and the route serves to feed international connections at JFK.

The flights were previously Eagle flights before all Eagle flights were removed from BOS (some at risk eagle flying remaining to ROC). A 738 was used at times and was way to many seats for the route.

There isn't enough downtime on the planes to do a transcon and the ideal times to fly jfk-sea are probably the same ideal times to fly jfk-lax/SFO. Currently two round trips a day. Leaves JFK in the morning after the Latam overnight bank (and after the lax/SFO redeyes arrive). 12:30pm departure from BOS back to JFK (usually fairly light), 3:30pm departure from JFK to BOS (gets arrivals from Europe) and a 5:55pm departure from BOS to JFK that connects with European and Latam redeyes. Plane is then used for a SFO/lax flight around 9pm
Old Dec 2, 2018, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
There is a morning A330 LAX-PHL and an afternoon PHL-LAX with 20 Envoy suites and 21 PE seats priced at MCE. I don't fly any of the A321T routes so I don't know how they price the seats, but the Envoy suites on the PHL-LAX route are priced the same as domestic F. I usually pay $610-$650 for PHL-LAX-LAS, but I think PHL-LAX is around $1000.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by beachfan
What makes you think AA is hurting? Almost impossible to upgrade if not CK, J regularly sells out... For LAX-MIA, M-F next week all nonstops J0 except for Friday night redeye
B6 commands a premium over AA on the south beach to LAX and SFO now. They might show J0, but that could be all connection itineraries to South America.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by redtop43
There is a morning A330 LAX-PHL and an afternoon PHL-LAX with 20 Envoy suites and 21 PE seats priced at MCE. I don't fly any of the A321T routes so I don't know how they price the seats, but the Envoy suites on the PHL-LAX route are priced the same as domestic F. I usually pay $610-$650 for PHL-LAX-LAS, but I think PHL-LAX is around $1000.
What is an Envoy Suite? Isnt Envoy an AA regional airline?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
What is an Envoy Suite? Isnt Envoy an AA regional airline?
LUS A330 J seat. US Air called their international J class Envoy class.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by redtop43
There is a morning A330 LAX-PHL and an afternoon PHL-LAX with 20 Envoy suites and 21 PE seats priced at MCE. I don't fly any of the A321T routes so I don't know how they price the seats, but the Envoy suites on the PHL-LAX route are priced the same as domestic F.
Shhhhhh!!!!!
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by dkc192
LUS A330 J seat. US Air called their international J class Envoy class.
Thanks. Never flew pre-merger US for any international, so I didn't know about their Envoy "brand" of things. Glad AA stuck with FlAAgship branding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.