Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA & China Southern Airlines / CZ Expand Partnership & Lounge Access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA & China Southern Airlines / CZ Expand Partnership & Lounge Access

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2018, 11:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by footballfanatic
Does this mean CZ pilots will stop smoking on flights?
Why would it?
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by moondog
Why would it?
exactly my fear
Old Jan 26, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
Still waiting for this but nothing yet... boo!
Old Jan 26, 2019, 6:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Why would it?
not related but China did just ban pilots from smoking in the cockpit.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981

not related but China did just ban pilots from smoking in the cockpit.
I thought the ban enforcement was only for domestic flights. On international flights they will still pretend not to see anything.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for them to announce something for my China Southern flight in March.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by jdang
I thought the ban enforcement was only for domestic flights. On international flights they will still pretend not to see anything.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for them to announce something for my China Southern flight in March.
If your travel policy includes J, I suggest you research other similarly priced options (e.g. my company is fine with 3k, but not so cool with 10k). If you fly Y, just get a seat towards the back of the plane.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:53 pm

If your travel policy includes J, I suggest you research other similarly priced options (e.g. my company is fine with 3k, but not so cool with 10k). If you fly Y, just get a seat towards the back of the plane.
No, I booked an open jaw J flight from LAX to PVG and back from PEK for 1300. I'm just curious if I can add my AA number and earn credit or even use the AA/OneWorld lounge when I do fly.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by jdang
No, I booked an open jaw J flight from LAX to PVG and back from PEK for 1300. I'm just curious if I can add my AA number and earn credit or even use the AA/OneWorld lounge when I do fly.
I applaud you for grabbing that fare. If AA has a code share on your flight, you should be able to get miles. Otherwise, Delta should work. You will get lounge access based on the J ticket.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1865 Voyager, *G
Folks -- figured I'd ask here. I normally travel JFK to CAN and then home via HKG -- would be great to actually make that first flight direct rather than dealing with an extra hotel stay and an extra train from HKG->Guangzhou.

The flights appear to be loaded as codeshares AA7045 (dep. 0045) and AA7059 (dep. 1040) from JFK -> CAN on China Southern... but I cannot see any way to buy these tickets, either on Concur (corp. booking) or AA.com. Anyone have an idea as to what's going on? (as always I assume it's my error somewhere!)
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:57 am

When will Redeeming AA miles on China Southern award occur?

anybody know an approximate date at which this will become possible?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 4:25 pm

looks like it is possible now https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...n-airlines.jsp
Old Mar 20, 2019, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Hilton, Choice, Wyndham
If there's no YQ, then this is fantastic news! Could work out a lot cheaper to use AAdvantage to book CZ award seats than to use Delta Skymiles.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:02 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by davie355
Yes! ^

New threads have been started (and added to the OP).

Effective 20 Mar 2019, AA flyers can earn award mileson CZ marketed flights operated by AA and CZ, and can redeem AAdvantage miles for MileSAAver awards on China Southern / CZ.

See Earning AAdvantage Miles on China Southern Airlines / CZ

See Redeem AAdvantage Awards Using China Southern Airlines / CZ
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by centrifuge41
If there's no YQ, then this is fantastic news! Could work out a lot cheaper to use AAdvantage to book CZ award seats than to use Delta Skymiles.
I have spoken with two separate agents to book USA-China award tickets on CZ metal and both returned with taxes and fees on the order of $110, close to what DL charge. Judging from ITA Matrix, it appears that AA will charge YQ and YR. FWIW both were in economy as O class can't be seen by AA, but I would expect similar taxes and fees for future business class redemptions.
centrifuge41 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:01 pm

Anybody know if protection on separate tickets?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.