Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA & China Southern Airlines / CZ Expand Partnership & Lounge Access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA & China Southern Airlines / CZ Expand Partnership & Lounge Access

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP
So whats the best way to search award availability on China Southern with AA miles?
simonsuo likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 5:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by SAN_Finn
So whats the best way to search award availability on China Southern with AA miles?
I'm not sure yet, but it's worth noting that CZ has some amazing cash fares now on its LAX-SHE (connected to other cities) route.

I don't think this partnership will launch into full gear until after 10/1 because Daxing Airport is of critical importance to it (i.e. CZ isn't so useful at PEK because it can't get enough slots, but Daxing is a greenfield opportunity).
Old Jul 31, 2019, 8:55 am
Suspended

Reciprocal lounge access is now available between AA and CZ.

AA flyers can now access following 38 CZ lounges in 23 cities in China:

Guangzhou (2 lounges)
Zhengzhou
Changchun (2 lounges)
Changsha (2 lounges)
Dalian (3 lounges)
Haikou
Hangzhou
Ha'erbin
Kunming
Guiyang
Guilin
Nanjing
Nanning
Beijing Capital (3 lounges)
Shanghai Pudong and Shanghai Hongqiao
Shenyang (3 lounges)
Jieyang
Sanya
Shenzhen (3 lounges)
Urumqi (4 lounges)
Wuhan (2 lounges) and
Zhuhai

Since so far there is only announcement in China Southern, nothing from AA yet, I can only give you these information so far.

But my understanding is if you are travelling on either CZ or AA, you should be able to access those lounges above based on travel class or elite membership. First class and AA platinum members or above can take one guest . The actual AA announcement may differ as the information is from CZ and some are based on presumption of reciprocal benefit.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 9:11 am

While I dislike the majority of lounges is China, that list is a big improvement over the current offering.

Noteable holes:
Chengdu
Chongqing
Kunming
Tianjin
Qingdao
Xiamen
Wenzhou
Xi'an
rt23456p likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 11:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by moondog
While I dislike the majority of lounges is China, that list is a big improvement over the current offering.

Noteable holes:
Chengdu
Chongqing
Kunming
Tianjin
Qingdao
Xiamen
Wenzhou
Xi'an
Kunming is on the list.

I do wonder why there is no CTU or CKG.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 8:56 pm

Programs: AAEXP, BonvoyLTT, UAS, SW A-list
For the first time since they announced AA flyers can get credit for CZ flights, I did not have to get into a multi-level 20 minute discussion to have then add my AA number at Shenzhen airport. However, when I went to the try accessing the lounge, the staff at the door knew about the policy but had no idea what constituted an Elite level AA customer. I pulled up the AA app on my phone and walked them through the levels and was graciously invited in . The lounge was clean with comfortable seating. The food choices were standard Chinese such as beef noodle soup, and dimsum, fried rice and noodles, etc.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 4:01 am
formerly rt23456p

CZ Benefit with American

Not a CZ Elite anymore, but still considering whether should I credit my CZ flights to Delta, Flyingblue or CZ. Will I gain access to Flagship lounge on AA flight as a CZ gold/platinum? Based on the status structure, CZ gold is very similar to OWS while CZ Platinum is similar to OWE, while every OWS/OWE(Non-AA/AS) gain access to the flagship lounge regardless of what AA flight they fly and also AA Plat+ can access to CZ lounges in most airports anyways.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by rt23456p
Not a CZ Elite anymore, but still considering whether should I credit my CZ flights to Delta, Flyingblue or CZ. Will I gain access to Flagship lounge on AA flight as a CZ gold/platinum? Based on the status structure, CZ gold is very similar to OWS while CZ Platinum is similar to OWE, while every OWS/OWE(Non-AA/AS) gain access to the flagship lounge regardless of what AA flight they fly and also AA Plat+ can access to CZ lounges in most airports anyways.
The CZ website only mentions the Admirals Clubs in terms of reciprocal elite lounge access in the US.

https://skypearl.csair.com/en/about/youxiang.html
Old Jan 11, 2023, 6:28 am

Programs: HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by SAN_Finn
Hi, I also want to know the answer to this.
I tried Delta, air France, Korean air websites, not seeing any availability on CAN to JFK for the next 12 months.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by allanfan
I tried Delta, air France, Korean air websites, not seeing any availability on CAN to JFK for the next 12 months.
Why would you expect to see award inventory on that flight before it is reinstated?
Old May 3, 2023, 6:46 am
formerly rt23456p

Try again, CAN-JFK was just resumed according to the infographic posted a few days ago.
Old May 3, 2023, 11:50 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
keep in mind CZ699 operates on Thursday only. That flight is also the only one of the two non-stop flights between US east coast and mainland China. I’d image the popularity would mean very little award space.
Old May 3, 2023, 10:10 pm
formerly rt23456p

Originally Posted by mediator
keep in mind CZ699 operates on Thursday only. That flight is also the only one of the two non-stop flights between US east coast and mainland China. I’d image the popularity would mean very little award space.
Advance award space is never a problem for CZ except during public holidays, as CZ doesn't offer free cancellation on award bookings under their Sky Pearl Program, you lose 50%. Hence, booking through AA give you a huge advantage in flexibility. However, I checked that CZ hasn't posted a single Business award space for the whole June between CAN and SIN(3 flights daily) so I do think that CZ might not want to give out awards anymore.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 12:06 pm
Mandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum
I just received mileage credit on AA for a CZ codeshare (CKG-PVG operated by Chongqing Airlines booked on CZ ticket on 7/16) that I had my AA FFN in via the CZ app. Is that policy, with CZ domestic codeshares receiving miles, or is this some sort of strange error? Never gotten credit from a flight not marketed & operated by an AA partner.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by wk989
I just received mileage credit on AA for a CZ codeshare (CKG-PVG operated by Chongqing Airlines booked on CZ ticket on 7/16) that I had my AA FFN in via the CZ app. Is that policy, with CZ domestic codeshares receiving miles, or is this some sort of strange error? Never gotten credit from a flight not marketed & operated by an AA partner.
Delta gives credit for their flights too, and I've also seen them pop up in award itineraries. CZ's 60% ownership stake presumably has a lot to do with this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.