Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Biz AAward PDX-ORD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Biz AAward PDX-ORD

I'm having trouble (I know, this won't come as a surprise to many, including myself) finding award inventory in business on AA metal, for Mar/Apr 2019 (super-flexible on dates, but looking for a ~2wk trip). I'm essentially trying to book 2 tickets in business/first, but will be using a BusinessExtrAA award for one of the tickets (same inventory from what I understand). With only enough BE points for an AA-only award, and no stomach for the BA taxes/fees flying through LHR, I'm pretty limited in my options.

Are there any suggestions from the crowd in terms of how to best search for my narrow parameters? Or any creative thoughts on how to maximize the experience? I have millions of AA miles at my disposal, and so would rather dip into them rather than my SPG points stash. Plus the idea is to use the bulk of BusinessExtrAA points that are set to expire next month.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
How would a flight from Portland, OR to Chicago involve BA or LHR?
TWA884 and Often1 like this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 6:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Additionally, there is not generally any J service between PDX and ORD. The route is served by 2-class birds with F & Y only.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
As a PDX flyer, be careful with the last week of March as virtually the entire state is on spring break at that time which makes finding good deals (miles or money) tougher to find....a week or so after that into April, the schools in SW Washington take their spring break so for about 3 weeks or so, flights can be pretty packed.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
How would a flight from Portland, OR to Chicago involve BA or LHR?
I'm guessing the OP meant ORY? Or something like that.

or maybe the origin was wrong, although I can't think of a partial string match that fits PDX.

then again, OP may be trying PDX-SFO-LHR-ORD too
Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by Antarius
I'm guessing the OP meant ORY? Or something like that.

or maybe the origin was wrong, although I can't think of a partial string match that fits PDX.

then again, OP may be trying PDX-SFO-LHR-ORD too
The best i could gin up was BHX but really for the OP to say.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

I'm sorry--I hate it when I post something like this and fail to follow up. The destination was CDG--I don't know why I had ORD on the mind. It took weeks (months?) of searching, but it worked out in the end. I really need to fix my notifications setting so this kind of thing doesn't happen again. Apologies/thanks for trying to help!
Old Jan 27, 2020, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA PPro
One of the other folks was right. PDX is so small for AA that I can rarely find an upgradable space out of here unless it is the 5:10am to PHX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.